The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, too. The blue and yellow is just too.. loud. :(

I know, and I can't picture Hugh in that blue and yellow costume. And this is coming from someone who's seen him in gold lamé from ten rows away... :oldrazz:

Of his comic costumes I think his second ultimate x-men costume would suit the film world best. In fact we've already seen it in X-Men 3 but it was being worn by Beast :doh:

Yeah his Ult costume or his X-Force without the mask could work easily on film

The X-force with mask could work, but would need to look really good

Either yellow suit would be tough to make look decent on screen

The best they could do would be something with really earthy tones to it that would be more homage than direct adaption of his yellow suits
maybe they could do his modern suit but with more of a black/royal blue and gold coloring, and more of a leather texture to it

but hell, I'd take jeans, a yellow and blue sleeveless shirt, and the cowboy hat at this point
maybe in DOFP...

Last edited:
This is probably old...but new to me!:woot:
YWqAKOr.jpg

In35bnr.jpg

Last edited:
looks to be in the same type of area as that recent pic with Jackman in the suit at the funeral.

I know, and I can't picture Hugh in that blue and yellow costume. And this is coming from someone who's seen him in gold lamé from ten rows away... :oldrazz:
ROTFL - sorry, couldn't resist:

hugh_jackman_sarah_jessica_parker.jpg

^SJP is fabulous, and that dress was amazing. But as a human specimen, Hugh is in a league of his own.

But even on Hugh, the blue and yellow Wolverine costume would *not* look good on screen. Tan and brown.. maybe. I'm personally a fan of the X-Force look, but that's not iconic enough to make an appearance in a film, me thinks.
Cos a costume would be a nice nod to the fans, but that's all it is. Nobody needs to see a costume to actually recognize the character Wolverine. :p

Both costumes would have to be heavily altered for them to feel like they fit on screen in the X-men films. Since X1 set the tone they wouldn't be able to get away with a more faithful adaptation like the Spider-man films.

Last edited:
That's pretty good. I don't think the mask would be too tricky in that context. It does have slight 'Samura armour' feel to it. You could have a mask with the similar art style I think and it would work.

As much as I'd love a costume Fox seems to hate them. The horrible leather crap in the first 3 films was poor. They looked like bikers ... just not badass.

I think this is an interesting attempt at a movie version of the brown and tan costume:

the_wolverine_film_concept_costume_by_spdmngtruper-d4yzh94.jpg

Agreed! I would love to see him in a costume like that. Something that makes the fans go 'Hey, that looks an aweful lot like..!' but without the rest of the people cringing at the disturbingly comic-esque costume. :woot:

I think this is an interesting attempt at a movie version of the brown and tan costume:

(from http://spdmngtruper.deviantart.com/art/the-wolverine-film-concept-costume-300626968)

I could see something like this potentially working given the appropriate context/motivation for Wolverine actually wearing it. I still think the mask would be pretty tricky to pull off though.

That looks fantastic. For the mask, I'd probably do something similar to the Darkclaw design. Since Samurai Masks where used to scare the opponent, it would probably work better if his mask looks more frightening.

H2pWbk0.jpg

I dunno. The Dark Claw mask looks too over stylised. It would be harder to adapt in any sort of realistic setting than the normal mask would.

I think if they were to adapt Wolverine's mask more faithfully then they do start off with the more toned down styles of Adi Granov or Gabriele Dell'Otto. Not a direct translation of those styles, but they'd be a good place to start if they did ever think to adapt the mask and costume.

detail.jpg

gab-Ironman-Wolverine-romacommissionday-1.png

I'm only suggesting something similar to Darkclaw, because Samurai Masks are often demonic looking. It would make sense if the mask would a bit more busy looking and not so simple. But since Logan loves to run around with his claws openly, he probably has no need for a mask to hide his face. Not many mutants out there that have claws coming out from between their knuckles.

Last edited:
That's why I suggest an amalgam of the orange and black cowl and an Oni mask.

(from http://spdmngtruper.deviantart.com/art/the-wolverine-film-concept-costume-300626968)

I could see something like this potentially working given the appropriate context/motivation for Wolverine actually wearing it. I still think the mask would be pretty tricky to pull off though.
Actually don't know why peeps aren't going absolutely nutty for this design...efffin yeaahhh dude! :woot::woot::woot:

I see what you're saying, but if they were to go the Samurai route for a potential costume I still think it would be a lot easier just to use the normal mask design rather than over stylise it to look demonic.

I also wouldn't have it look much like a helmet. Just keep it like a mask, but one that still shares the same material and artstyle as the Samurai armour styled version of the costume.

Though I think you could have something similar to the mouth part of the Samurai mask with the normal Wolverine mask, but have a scene where it gets broken off and we're left with a costume that looks like the classic style yet adapted for the silver screen.

If there were to be any extra flourishes on the mask itself then I'd probably go with something like this.

xfsexviol002_dc11_lr_0001.jpg

Last edited:
From someone on the other board who supposedly read the script, the latest version I assume since Viper is mentioned:
werefon wrote:

Few thing to know about The Wolverine:
1) There are few villains: Shingen Yashida, Silver Samurai, Viper.
2) No mentions of mutants.Even Wolverine himself is not mentioned as mutant.
3)It is a modern story of a Warrior - Samurai without a past.
4)Wolverine is more vulnerable this time.There are few toxins that can slow-down his healing factor or kill him!!!
5)There is a different reason for Wolverine to go to Japan then in comics it based on.
6)Brutal Bear fight is there and it is better then in comics.Also, Canadian Hunters Bar fight is not skiped as it was in comics. 7)There are a Ninja Fight and ninjas are not acrobatic ********:thumbup:
It has neo-noir stylistic through the hole film.

Overall it is 100% better then X-Men Origins Wolverine which was illogical pig-poop that didn't fit into X-Men 1 and 2 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"