The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know....i might not be looking closely enough but that doesn't look like a mask to me.:huh: If that's really it that's pretty lousy. It's a shame they could not come up with a scene in which Jackman wears a suit/mask as an homage.

For comic adaptations some filmmakers seemed scared of having lactors don masks. I mean, look how many times have we seen Spider-Man without his mask and how many times has Thor worn his trademark helmet?:o
It's with GI Joe: Retaliation. James Mangold is tweeting a peak at the teaser on the 26th. Full teaser will be online on the 27th.

https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/313538363225407488

It's about time! Cant wait for the trailer(i'll skip the tease).:yay:

I don't know....i might not be looking closely enough but that doesn't look like a mask to me.:huh: If that's really it that's pretty lousy. It's a shame they could not come up with a scene in which Jackman wears a suit/mask as an homage.

That's not a mask though. It's this.

ee_210434_0_WolverineWeaponX1DPart1.jpg

At least as far as I can tell.

Though personally I would love to see them adapt Wolverine's costume into live action in a believable way in the context of the movies.

Wasn't the helmet actually used in a Deleted scene at the end of the movie where Logan was supposed to get his memory erased

Wasn't the helmet actually used in a Deleted scene at the end of the movie where Logan was supposed to get his memory erased

No way... seriously? And instead they went with the magic adamantium bullet? I need to start erasing that Movie from my mind.

What's amazing is that the bullet idea supposedly came from one of the producer/writers on Game of Thrones, which is a fantastic show.

Wait, I justm realized the bloody claw picture looks like a funeral scene.

I think it is. The Empire article from last month was on that set, and it said this in one of the first paragraphs:

"Today, though, it appears the garden is a setting for a sombre event: a funeral taking place. Dozens of besuited mourners stand silent and solemn, incense wafts through the still air as the strang chanting and mysterious ceremonies echo round the pagodas and bridges. A priest pulls out the traditional oriental funeral shotgun...

Later that day, when they spoke with Hugh:

"Still dressed in his suit, and with blood dripping from the bullet wound in his chest, Jackman relaxes into a chair..."

So I'm guessing that scene is going to be kinda wild. :up:

Probably Mirikos father, and the Silver Samurai shows up. Remember that one photo we got of him being on that exact set.

Well my theory Is during world war 2 prologue Wolverine saves the life of Yashida and In present post trilogy time he learns he Is dying and that brings him to japan.He Is Shingen's father and Mariko's grandfather.During the funeral the Yakuru tries to kill wolverine unleashing the bad ash beresker fury Wolverine.

Though personally I would love to see them adapt Wolverine's costume into live action in a believable way in the context of the movies.

If there was ever an opportunity to do it, and have it make perfect sense, the Japan storyline is it. It wouldn't be the yellow and blue though. It'd have to be the Yashida clan brown and orange outfit.

wolverine18.jpg

wolverine54.jpg

I think you could easily contrive a reason for him to don a modern ninja combat suit in possession of the Yashida clan, and the mask could be made with the same shape but give it some Oni demon mask flare. To me, that might actually be the only way to have ever made this work in the world that X-Men contrived.

This is a possibility too:
wolverine16.jpg

Personally, I'd love to see this guy:
8-1989-Buscema-Patch.jpg

i've always preferred the brown & tan/orange costume to the yellow & blue

With all the black he is wearing be nice if he slips on an X-Force style suit, since it's Fox and they can't/won't stick to a story/continuity/timeline it makes sense.

The Total Film article which accompanies the picture says an early set piece is fight between Wolverine and "hordes of heavily-tattooed, katana-wielding Yakaza" at a traditional Japanese funeral during which Wolverine disarms an opponent by stabbing them through the bicep. The funeral is for a mysterious figure from Wolverine's past and the reason he travels to Japan.

Really looking forward to the trailer now, its the only summer SBM we havent seen anything from so lets hope its amazing.

I like Mangold as a director so I have faith this will be good.

His brown/tan suit has always been my favorite. I love that costume.

Wolverine 'Blood On Claws' Pic HQ
DF-19403rv3.jpg
Hello Wallpaper!

^ Thanks for sharing that! :D

Gotta say, the claws are looking good! We've seen a lot of movies/scenes/pics in which they looked horrible, but they look great to me here.

Gotta say, the claws are looking good! We've seen a lot of movies/scenes/pics in which they looked horrible, but they look great to me here.

I agree. They've clearly been redesigned to look like the bone claws, but made of adamantium.

I think previous versions have been a bit too long, thick & wide.

These new claws look as if they could really fit into a forearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"