The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The practical claws look awesome. I remember when the first movies were coming out, they even sold prop replicas of the claws that Hugh Jackman wore. I wanted them so badly.

Hey... Mangold wrote on twitter today something about the trailer..

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld @Sleepyrocko_O yes, sleepy. But not as soon as some speculate. We have something strong but I don't want the VFX half baked.

Not as soon as some speculate?? GRR perhaps it wont debut 12 or 14 this month after all... im getting anxious.. give us something (and not another angry Wolvi please)

Hey... Mangold wrote on twitter today something about the trailer..

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld @Sleepyrocko_O yes, sleepy. But not as soon as some speculate. We have something strong but I don't want the VFX half baked.

Not as soon as some speculate?? GRR perhaps it wont debut 12 or 14 this month after all... im getting anxious.. give us something (and not another angry Wolvi please)
Here's more:

Alex Townsend ‏@ALEXTownsend6
Super glad @mang0ld isn't the head of Fox marketing. I think we still get a trailer on the 12th.

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld
@ALEXTownsend6
I'm glad too, Alex. Don't hold your breath on the 12th or 13th or the 14th. Predict all you want, I got the facts on my side.

@mang0ld
Damn. Oh well. Hoping it's sooner than later, I reeeeally want to see what you got cookin'. I'm sure it's gonna be good :)

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld
@ALEXTownsend6
JM Priorities 1) Make intense film w/ integrity. 2) Don't let marketing drive process. 3) Ignore fear, panic & random dates.

At one point we were supposed to get a first look tonight. :csad:

Here's more:

Super glad @mang0ld isn't the head of Fox marketing. I think we still get a trailer on the 12th.

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld
@ALEXTownsend6
I'm glad too, Alex. Don't hold your breath on the 12th or 13th or the 14th. Predict all you want, I got the facts on my side.

@mang0ld
Damn. Oh well. Hoping it's sooner than later, I reeeeally want to see what you got cookin'. I'm sure it's gonna be good :)

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld
@ALEXTownsend6
JM Priorities 1) Make intense film w/ integrity. 2) Don't let marketing drive process. 3) Ignore fear, panic & random dates.

I'm ALEXTownsend6. I was shocked me replied to me. I went on to compliment him and say I'm sure he's keeping it on the good track First Class put the franchise back onto.

I just want something. :(

I'd take a picture of Silver Samurai's helmet or something, or even just Sanada in costume would be kinda nice(or do we have these and I'm just out of the loops?)

Yeah, I don't get the attitude. A trailer comes out looking rushed and and terrible, and you're all out on a ledge like the world is about to end. Now he's making sure it's going to look good, and we're still complaining? :huh:

The CGI claws in Origins were terrible. I've seen better from a 12year old using some basic After Effects.

Meh, it's a pity we're not getting a glimpse of the movie in two weeks.. But I have to say I'm glad Mangold simply stated the facts - or I would've been one disappointed Wolvie-fan on the 12th.

You came across as a little insulting tbh

i think he came off just honest...

some people sound like horrid suck up's or star-struck when talking to notable people... I think he came off like he was treating mangold like a real person rather than an Icon.

but maybe that's just me.

The CGI claws in Origins were terrible. I've seen better from a 12year old using some basic After Effects.

Any instance of CG in Origins was cringe inducing. I can't believe how badly they dropped the ball.

i think he came off just honest...

some people sound like horrid suck up's or star-struck when talking to notable people... I think he came off like he was treating mangold like a real person rather than an Icon.

but maybe that's just me.

Seriously,
everyone's so damn sensitive on the x-boards
I, and even Mr. Mangold it seems, appreciate his candor.

Seriously,
everyone's so damn sensitive on the x-boards
I, and even Mr. Mangold it seems, appreciate his candor.

yeah, Mangold didn't seem offended...

and it's not just the x-boards but the hype in general. When Dan Slott would come on the spidey boards... and if posters didn't agree with what he had to say.. many backlashed at him. It's like... he's a big boy, he can deal with it. You don't have to bow down to someone just because they've got a much more public career...

Just saying. "oh boy glad you aren't in charge" and "bet there's still a trailer even if the director says otherwise" doesn't exactly come off as friendly. But whatever.

Just saying. "oh boy glad you aren't in charge" and "bet there's still a trailer even if the director says otherwise" doesn't exactly come off as friendly. But whatever.

Yeah, but he wasn't terribly obnoxious in his replies. Once he got responded to, it was a pretty normal conversation.

It's the general attitude when it seems the entire online community thinks the world is going to end if they don't get their trailer RIGHT NOW that makes no sense. Would you rather get a crap trailer now, or wait until its ready? After the way the last movie turned out, wouldn't it be worth it to wait?

I didn't mean it in a dickish way honestly, though rereading it i can see it coming off that way. After a reread I could've rephrased the first tweet a bit better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"