The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly sounds encouraging. I'm hoping he stays on for a few movies yet. Though reading that I can't help but wonder if maybe he would consider directing a Wolverine movie at some point.

It's funny, with Les Miz being such a success, I was almost hoping this was maybe the beginning of the end for Hugh as Wolverine. I've seen him on stage a bunch of times, I know there's a lot more stuff he could be doing beyond this character that I'd love to see...

...then, after leaving Les Miz for third time, with my mom and I still knee-deep in the ugly cry after that damn ending, all I could think was "Thank god there's another Wolverine movie coming out soon..!" :funny:

Is the teaser being attached to Die Hard confirmed? Or just rumor?

Bummer about the Superbowl. Everything gets shoved in there though, they will probably get more attention doing something seperate a week later.

It's funny, with Les Miz being such a success, I was almost hoping this was maybe the beginning of the end for Hugh as Wolverine. I've seen him on stage a bunch of times, I know there's a lot more stuff he could be doing beyond this character that I'd love to see...

...then, after leaving Les Miz for third time, with my mom and I still knee-deep in the ugly cry after that damn ending, all I could think was "Thank god there's another Wolverine movie coming out soon..!" :funny:

I'm somewhat jealous that you've seen Hugh on stage. He seems like he'd be great to see on stage. I still haven't seen Les Miz either, sadly.

Is the teaser being attached to Die Hard confirmed? Or just rumor?

Bummer about the Superbowl. Everything gets shoved in there though, they will probably get more attention doing something seperate a week later.

Can't recall where, but I read the trailer should be with us on the 12th of Feb. I don't think I've seen the Die Hard rumour confirmed, but it sounds reasonable if the trailer is out then.

I'm somewhat jealous that you've seen Hugh on stage. He seems like he'd be great to see on stage. I still haven't seen Les Miz either, sadly.

If you ever get a chance to see him on stage, go! He's awesome on stage. His singing and dancing is amazing, and it's a show where gets to interact with the audience, it's hysterical. He'll make a whole production over an audience member turning up late, or go into the audience to pick someone to dance with but he'll pick the bored-looking husband instead of the wife begging to go up on stage with him. The last time I saw The Boy From Oz, a stagehand snuck out on stage to clean up some broken glass - Hugh stopped the show, introduced the stagehand, and then took the broom and tried to clean it up himself. :funny:

Les Miz is my favorite musical, I've seen it on stage nine times. Didn't matter, the movie still left me sobbing by the end...

That sounds great. I've always wanted to see a production where one of the stars has a bit of fun. I love hearing anecdotes of stars who have pulled pranks onstage.

Glad we have a date for the trailer. Excited to see what this looks like.

If you ever get a chance to see him on stage, go! He's awesome on stage. His singing and dancing is amazing, and it's a show where gets to interact with the audience, it's hysterical. He'll make a whole production over an audience member turning up late, or go into the audience to pick someone to dance with but he'll pick the bored-looking husband instead of the wife begging to go up on stage with him. The last time I saw The Boy From Oz, a stagehand snuck out on stage to clean up some broken glass - Hugh stopped the show, introduced the stagehand, and then took the broom and tried to clean it up himself. :funny:

Les Miz is my favorite musical, I've seen it on stage nine times. Didn't matter, the movie still left me sobbing by the end...
I ditto that fact, if you ever have a chance to see Hugh on stage. The charisma just oozes out of him (see the quotes in my sig LOL).

Too bad Daniel Day-Lewis and Lincoln came out this year because I totally believe he would win that Oscar for Les Mis (he did win a Golden Globe for it).

I ditto that fact, if you ever have a chance to see Hugh on stage. The charisma just oozes out of him (see the quotes in my sig LOL).

Too bad Daniel Day-Lewis and Lincoln came out this year because I totally believe he would win that Oscar for Les Mis (he did win a Golden Globe for it).

Is it just me or is this oddly worded or have I missed some news? lol

That last quote by Anne on your sig also made me really lol too.

Not premiering the trailer during the SuperBowl is a miss opportunity. Some studios are willing to spend a lot of money so those 100 million viewers would see the ad of their upcoming movies. But FOX, they are not even trying.

The X-Men films have never had a super bowl spot.So this Isn't new.Mark my word fox
will use wolverine teaser with new die hard film.

The X-Men films have never had a super bowl spot.So this Isn't new.Mark my word fox
That other site reported today that it would be released on Feb 12, but did not cite any sources as usual.

And they should give the X-Men movies a Super Bowl spot because that would really help the promotion of the movie and give the movie more hype/attention from casual viewers.

X2 and last Stand did very well without them.Plus even If Hugh jackman loses oscar to Daniel day Lewis expect TV ads with oscar nominee Hugh jackman as The Wolverine.

A SuperBowl spot doesn't make a movie successful but what I'm saying is they should get every opportunity to promote the movie.

I highly doubt people care Hugh Jackman is an Oscar nominee for Les Miz. He and the character is already sold.

And they should give the X-Men movies a Super Bowl spot because that would really help the promotion of the movie and give the movie more hype/attention from casual viewers.

There have been 5 X-Men movies in the last 12 years and they've all been successful without ever having a Superbowl spot. Really doesn't make a difference if they have one or not.

I highly doubt people care Hugh Jackman is an Oscar nominee for Les Miz. He and the character is already sold.

Exactly. Both times I saw X-Men: First Class, the audience cheered at his cameo. Hugh playing Wolverine is what gets them in the theater, not that he's now an Oscar nominee (although that part is extremely awesome).

That's true but you can't put It past Fox In TV ads may want to take advantage of Hugh's oscar nomination.

I think The Wolverine will do really well at the United Kingdom at least better than the last two X-Men films. The people from UK love Les Miserables and I think it will attract them to watch Hugh Jackman's next big movie.

There have been 5 X-Men movies in the last 12 years and they've all been successful without ever having a Superbowl spot. Really doesn't make a difference if they have one or not.

I already said a SuperBowl spot doesn't make a movie successful but what I was saying is they should get every opportunity to promote the movie.

I already said a SuperBowl spot doesn't make a movie successful but what I was saying is they should get every opportunity to promote the movie.

I understand what you are saying. Every opportunity they have you think you should take.

But if every opportunity may not be of the biggest benefit in the long run. A Super Bowl spot is $4 million. Will a $4 million be of a bigger benefit in the long run? Fox didn't think so as they feel that franchise, character, and Hugh Jackman is a big enough sell.

Just because the opportunity there, doesn't mean you should take it if it's of little benefit.

But if every opportunity may not be of the biggest benefit in the long run. A Super Bowl spot is $4 million. Will a $4 million be of a bigger benefit in the long run?

Well its a risk that FOX will have to take if they want to know if buying a SuperBowl spot is really worth the money.

The other studios are willing to spend their money for 1 Super Bowl ad to get maximum exposure from the public. For example, Disney with Iron Man 3 and the Lone Ranger and I'm not surprised why their movies in the past ended up selling more than $300 million dollars at domestic box-office and more than $1 billion at worldwide box-office.

Well its a risk that FOX will have to take if they want to know if buying a SuperBowl spot is really worth the money.

The other studios are willing to spend their money for 1 Super Bowl ad to get maximum exposure from the public. For example, Disney with Iron Man 3 and the Lone Ranger and I'm not surprised why their movies in the past ended up selling more than $300 million dollars at domestic box-office and more than $1 billion at worldwide box-office.

They don't have to take the risk, and they decided it wasn't worth it. It's not like X-men is a smaller franchise and it's not like this is an upstart series. Fox simply decided that they believe this movie can and will succeed without and other ways of marketing the movie will suffice. In business, sometimes you have to cut cost in areas that you do not feel that it will benefit you.

Also, you forgot to mention that John Carter and Battleship also had Super Bowl spots. Also, 2011 had Drive Angry, Cowboys and Aliens, Priest, The Eagle, and Take Me Home tonight have Super Bowl spots. A Super Bowl spot doesn't guarantee success.

Super Bowl =/= B.O. results, especially considering that a franchise does not need it.

I already said twice that a SuperBowl spot doesn't make a movie successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"