Obama Thread 2.0: Presidential Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0709/58_of_GOP_not_suredont_beleive_Obama_born_in_US.html

58% of Republicans and 7% of Democrats polled are doubtful that Obama was born in the U.S. Wasn't someone in this thread trying to claim that the "birthers" are just a fringe group? Just proof that racism is still a very mainstream problem. People can try to sweep it under the rug all they want, but it's still there.

To me, it doesn't matter if they're a "fringe group" or not. There is evidence that Obama was born in Hawaii. The same cannot be said for his being "born" in Kenya, or anywhere else.

Those that believe the latter to be true are ****ing crazy

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0709/58_of_GOP_not_suredont_beleive_Obama_born_in_US.html

58% of Republicans and 7% of Democrats polled are doubtful that Obama was born in the U.S. Wasn't someone in this thread trying to claim that the "birthers" are just a fringe group? Just proof that racism is still a very mainstream problem. People can try to sweep it under the rug all they want, but it's still there.
The ideal that the "Birthers" is just a "Fringe Group of Republicans" is a LIE. 58% is NOT a "Fringe Group", It's a majority of the party and it's the reason the party is becoming a joke.

As Supe just said, 58 percent is the majority of the party. That's a far cry from 'fringe group'.

Kos/Research2000 isn't the most accurate or unbiased polling group.

Kos/Research2000 isn't the most accurate or unbiased polling group.

PPP didn't believe the results of that poll, so they did one on their own, and came back with similar results in the state of Virginia. Coming from Alabama, I know a very large number of Republicans who believe Obama wasn't born in the United States.

And on that note, looks like the birthers proved Obama was born in Kenya:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105764

Wanna know the best part? There was no "Republic of Kenya" in February 1964, when this "birth certificate" was issued. I'm also interested in knowing why this was issued two and a half years after Obama was born.

Sigh...even if Obama were born in Kenya, he would still be an American citizen because of his mother who is an American citizen. Jesus T Effing Christ are people ******ed when it comes to American citizenship.

And on that note, looks like the birthers proved Obama was born in Kenya:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105764

Wanna know the best part? There was no "Republic of Kenya" in February 1964, when this "birth certificate" was issued. I'm also interested in knowing why this was issued two and a half years after Obama was born.

googling-

Wiki:
The first direct elections for Africans to the Legislative Council took place in 1957. Despite British hopes of handing power to "moderate" African rivals, it was the Kenya African National Union (KANU) of Jomo Kenyatta that formed a government shortly before Kenya became independent on 12 December 1963. During the same year, the Kenyan army fought the Shifta War against ethnic Somalis determined to see the NFD join with the Republic of Somalia. The Shiftas inflicted heavy casualties on the Kenyan armed forces but were defeated in 1967.

US Dept of State webpage:
Government
Type: Republic.
Independence: December 12, 1963. Constitution: 1963.
Branches: Executive--president (chief of state, commander in chief of armed forces), prime minister (head of government), and two deputy prime ministers. Legislative--unicameral National Assembly (parliament). Judicial--Court of Appeal, High Court, various lower and special courts, includes Kadhi (Sharia) courts.
Administrative subdivisions: 140 districts, joined to form 7 rural provinces. The Nairobi area has special provincial status. The government has gazetted 37 new districts. The process of establishing these districts is ongoing.

Yahoo answers:
Did you know Kenya was a British Colony in 1961?
Obama's father, was a British citizen from Kenya a colony of the UK, who traveled to Hawaii to go to the University. Obama was born in Hawaii. His father was a British subject (just like the founders of the US) and his mother a US citizen from Kansas.

The British kept immaculate records in their colonies. If Obama was born in the British colony of Kenya, there would be a record of it.
So did you know that Kenya was a British colony in 1961?

9 months ago
Additional Details
The British have no record of a Barack Obama being born in their colony of Kenya in 1961.

Conclusion/opinion.
Document is fake. There was no "Republic of Kenya" When Barrack was born.

It STILL doesn't explain how there IS documentation from Public sources in 1961 in Hawaii?

I need a smiley beating its head against a wall. This 'Obama was born in Kenya' crap is really grinding my nerves.

I need a smiley beating its head against a wall. This 'Obama was born in Kenya' crap is really grinding my nerves.

A few more fun facts about this "birth certificate":

-It is signed by E.F. Lavender, which is coincidentally a popular brand of soap in Kenya
-The file number is 47,044. Obama coincidentally happens to be 47 years old, and the 44th President of the United States.
-Officials at the hospital Obama was "born" in say that they have no record of Obama being born there, and that they DO have records of all births dating back to Kenya's colonization.

SO... this lawyer who apparently thinks this is real is obviously the biggest moron who ever lived.

The pictures looked like a bad photoshop.

And why is world net daily pushing this ****? They checked out Obama's birth certificate from Hawaii and said it was legit.

(even though it says "certificate of live birth", it is a birth certificate. Or does everyone born in Ohio and Florida have fake ones, since Ohio and Florida only use the certificate of live birth form)

Last edited:
Obama could hand these idiots a long-form birth certificate and they would claim it's a fraud. He's black, has a foreign last name, and is a Democrat. Therefore, he's an evil anti-American manchurian candidate who is plotting to destroy the United States. The sad part is, many Americans are ignorant enough to believe this stuff because they hear it from their equally ignorant co-workers and neighbors and read it in emails sent from wacky fringe groups. Sadder yet, media personalities like Lou Dobbs, who already riled hatred against minorities during the whole illegal immigration tirades, are jumping on the "Obama is a secret muslim" bandwagon. So now, the mainstream media is feeding this monster, meaning more and more people are hearing this, and those people are stupid enough to believe anything as long as it paints government in a bad light.

Lou Dobbs is hardly the pinnacle of excellence in journalism. He has reduced himself to a one issue 'Andy Rooney'. No one really listens to him anymore.

But idiots still watch his show, and treat whatever he spews as the gospel. Lou Dobbs is what Glenn Beck will be in five years.

But idiots still watch his show, and treat whatever he spews as the gospel. Lou Dobbs is what Glenn Beck will be in five years.

No matter what level of progress this country reaches with respect to equality, there will always be a small percentage of ignorance.

So what is everybody's opinion of President Obama's job so far? Do you approve? Disapprove?

Personally, I disapprove. The stimulus plan backfired. Unemployment is up, and will continue to go up. The new healthcare proposal is, in my opinion, absolutely awful, and will only make things worse.

What are the thoughts of some of you guys?

frusty.gif

There you go.:woot:

I think assessing Obama's "performance" in July, other than on the political stage, is kind of silly from a logical standpoint. It's very much a work in progress. Ask me in 2011.

He's made a few political gaffes, and had to deal with a few relatively meaningless scandals, but nothing I'd consider major.

I can't blame Bush personally for the economy tanking, and I can't blame Obama for it not roaring back to life. The stimulus was a risk, but it wasn't only Obama who wanted it done, and I don't know that the full effects of that will be known for a long time. Jobs were likely saved by it, some very visibly, and some were probably lost. But I shudder to think about what would have happened to the economy, at least in the short term, had certain banks and automakers simply collapsed. At this point, after absorbing enough expert testimony, etc, I feel like it was a neccessary evil.

The Health Care Reform Bill is a risk, a massive one, but I certainly cannot assess the quality of it yet. All I know about it are soundbytes. I don't think anyone really knows if it can work, how it will work, etc, at this point.

So what is everybody's opinion of President Obama's job so far? Do you approve? Disapprove?

Personally, I disapprove. The stimulus plan backfired. Unemployment is up, and will continue to go up. The new healthcare proposal is, in my opinion, absolutely awful, and will only make things worse.

What are the thoughts of some of you guys?

I keep hearing this "Stimulus plan - backfired / failed".

It's always said as an absolute/matter of fact way when the reality is it saved us from our second great depression. (You dispute this,.. list examples of how it backfired and I'll List the thousands of Jobs saved by the hundreds of companies/businesses that were not allowed to go under.)

Unemployment was said BY OBAMA, to clear 10 percent BEFORE it got better EVEN WITH WHAT HE PLANNED - BEFORE HE WAS ELECTED, so the whining about how it's geting worse is just folk who didn't listen to what he originally said.

In ref to Obama?
Everything he's doing - All gambles where the man has been fighting people who have been digging their heels in and screaming like children from the time he threw in his hat to become president. EVERYTHING he does is being spun in a negative light by people who can't get a real handle on him because bottom line,.. he's not messing up.

So we have to suffer people doing evals on his personality based on how he has his burger, Listen to people say what he will do with somalia pirates (As in he will wimp out.), waste days calling him a deviant or photo op hound because he doesn't try very hard to keep the media out of his face, listen to most of the Republican Party whine about how he's not even an American???

The new health care plan?
the upper ten percent of our society is stirring crap and foaming the water to stop something that if done AS originally proposed will in the long run save us BILLIONS, because doing so will take money out of their pockets.
All this talk of "controling your health coverage" and " Some government lacky will decide to let you die to save money." is all scare tactics on the scale of "Obama is really a muslim and will be giving the country to the terrorists."

SIGH.

Look,... contrary to what OBVIOUSLY too many people would like:

1. Obama was Born in Hawaii,... Two Newspapers documented it, The British commonwealth has no record of his birth in Kenya.

2. The Stimulus plan that Obama pushed for immediately after election DID save us from a worse alternative. People try to wiggle and whine about it,.. but I understand enough to know that this country would have had a cascade failure of our economy that would have made everything we are suffering now seem like a walk in the park.

3. It is NOT reality to believe that one president can undo 12 plus years of greed, corruption, and degradation of the US infrastructure in SIX MONTHS.

Only the people that didn't want him there in first place put time limits and limitations on his actions to give valitity to their belief that he shouldn't be there in the first place. When I read history and get irritated at the amount of MESS that previous presidents either rode thru or resolved in four years what others expect Obama to do yesterday?

To answer your question - 6 months is too soon.

V.

the thing i find funny about all this is that bush's presidency is judged on things that happened 9 months-2 years into his presidency, but people are chomping at the bit to call obama a failure after 100 days

People were calling Bush a failure long before 9/11.

the thing i find funny about all this is that bush's presidency is judged on things that happened 9 months-2 years into his presidency, but people are chomping at the bit to call obama a failure after 100 days

You can't compare Bush's first year to Obama simply because Obama has attempted more, much of it out of necessity.

The biggest failure Obama has had is his absolutely failure to attempt to bring in Republican opinion into his White House. When you run on the campaign of "Change" and getting rid of "Politics as usual" and then become a partisan hack giving major legislative projects to NANCY PELOSI, you DESERVE to be called out for your hypocrisy.

When Obama was inaugurated, I gave long speaches to people who probably stopped listening half way through that this was a GREAT election because I believed Obama understood why people were frustrated with our government. I hate to be made to look foolish - Obama has done just that. If Obama did understand the why behind the anger, he has had the arrogance to dismiss it.

I think assessing Obama's "performance" in July, other than on the political stage, is kind of silly from a logical standpoint. It's very much a work in progress. Ask me in 2011.

He's made a few political gaffes, and had to deal with a few relatively meaningless scandals, but nothing I'd consider major.

I can't blame Bush personally for the economy tanking, and I can't blame Obama for it not roaring back to life. The stimulus was a risk, but it wasn't only Obama who wanted it done, and I don't know that the full effects of that will be known for a long time. Jobs were likely saved by it, some very visibly, and some were probably lost. But I shudder to think about what would have happened to the economy, at least in the short term, had certain banks and automakers simply collapsed. At this point, after absorbing enough expert testimony, etc, I feel like it was a neccessary evil.

The Health Care Reform Bill is a risk, a massive one, but I certainly cannot assess the quality of it yet. All I know about it are soundbytes. I don't think anyone really knows if it can work, how it will work, etc, at this point.

By 2011, your questioning will be too late....

I look at bills slammed through Congress, I look at the Stimulus Package, I look at what is about to come out of the Cap and Trade legislation, the Health Care legislation, etc.....and I think I can come up with a solid opinion of how he is doing...

As a Fiscal Conservative who voted for Obama, I'm not happy at all. I would put him at about a 45% approval rating for me......as far as Social Policy, some of the spending in some of these areas takes me down alittle in the approval rating, but I'm pretty much Socially Liberal, so if he can prove to me that the money he will be spending in some areas is warranted, and will be spending it efficiently and effectively, I'll be fine in that area. As far as the Health Reform bill, I see the whole thing as pretty silly considering over 70% of the people in the US are happy with their health care.....IF HE WOULD put some major, major, major tort reform within this bill, I would be much more positive. So right now, 45% approval rating from me......

You can't compare Bush's first year to Obama simply because Obama has attempted more, much of it out of necessity.

The biggest failure Obama has had is his absolutely failure to attempt to bring in Republican opinion into his White House. When you run on the campaign of "Change" and getting rid of "Politics as usual" and then become a partisan hack giving major legislative projects to NANCY PELOSI, you DESERVE to be called out for your hypocrisy.

When Obama was inaugurated, I gave long speaches to people who probably stopped listening half way through that this was a GREAT election because I believed Obama understood why people were frustrated with our government. I hate to be made to look foolish - Obama has done just that. If Obama did understand the why behind the anger, he has had the arrogance to dismiss it.

President Obama has Republicans in his administration. He has continually reached out to the Republicans in Congress as well. Just because it isn't as much as you would like, doesn't change the facts man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"