Obama Thread 2.0: Presidential Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused with this administration, I wake up.. See a report about senior members of the economic team saying that middle class tax hikes are probably going to be a must.. then hours later a statement says – President Barack Obama remains committed to not raising taxes on U.S. families earning less than $250,000.

I'm so confused!

Why can't these people get on the same page about ANYTHING?!

I'm confused with this administration, I wake up.. See a report about senior members of the economic team saying that middle class tax hikes are probably going to be a must.. then hours later a statement says – President Barack Obama remains committed to not raising taxes on U.S. families earning less than $250,000.

I'm so confused!

Just wait until you see the "talking points" that the Democratic members of Congress were given to regurgitate in their interviews while back in their states in August. Quite confusing......:yay:

I'll see if I can find you a copy that was sent to the members.

Here ya go.....found it.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/do...over-august-insurers-are-the-enemy.php?page=1

You can't compare Bush's first year to Obama simply because Obama has attempted more, much of it out of necessity.

The biggest failure Obama has had is his absolutely failure to attempt to bring in Republican opinion into his White House. When you run on the campaign of "Change" and getting rid of "Politics as usual" and then become a partisan hack giving major legislative projects to NANCY PELOSI, you DESERVE to be called out for your hypocrisy.

When Obama was inaugurated, I gave long speaches to people who probably stopped listening half way through that this was a GREAT election because I believed Obama understood why people were frustrated with our government. I hate to be made to look foolish - Obama has done just that. If Obama did understand the why behind the anger, he has had the arrogance to dismiss it.

Hypocrit? Sure...but a total failure? After 100 days? I'm going to wait and see how things pan out before calling people a failure...especially when half the expectations were created by the media and people...

President Obama has Republicans in his administration. He has continually reached out to the Republicans in Congress as well. Just because it isn't as much as you would like, doesn't change the facts man.

Obama has Republicans in his administration - but simply having Republicans in his administration doesn't mean anything. They are token Republicans.

Obama hasn't made any real attempt to work with Republicans on legistlation. His rhetoric while campaigning the Stimulus was telling Republicans that he won the election so they had to listen to his mandate and all that. That rhetoric is certainly not absurd, it's what you tend to get with any new President - but that's the point. It wasn't different, it was politics as usual.

By giving Pelosi the control of the Stimulus Bill, Obama knowingly intrusted one of the most bitter partisan bombthrowers with what could be the most important legislation of his administration. Don't undervalue the significance of that.

Obama cares purely about getting his agenda through Congress - and as an elected President that is absolutely his perogative. But if he wanted to be the President he ran is, he needed to be less concerned with getting his agenda passed and more concerned about uniting the country. You can't do both.

Hypocrit? Sure...but a total failure? After 100 days? I'm going to wait and see how things pan out before calling people a failure...especially when half the expectations were created by the media and people...

I have not yet called Obama a total failure. I think his Stimulus plan will be ineffective, I think his economic policy in general is dangerous and I think he is proving to be POLITICALLY immature and foolish - but with three years left in his administration you cannot call his term a total failure by any means.

Don't, however, blame the media and the people for his high expectations because he put those on himself - and he should have. Obama is disappointining not because his expectations were too high, but because he has gone back on the essential theme of his campaign: Change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"