Comics Official CABLE and DEADPOOL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cerealkiller182 said:
Wasnt there some legal trouble with having a comic named Deadpool? Same with Cable? So they found the loop hole to make Cable & Deadpool.

I think this was when Cable was being called Soldier X and Deadpool got turned into Agent X (the book, Deadpool himself was never Agent X... entirely :confused: ).

Don't quote me on this but if I remember right Marvel changed the names so they didn't have to pay the character's creator money.

The Infernal said:
I think this was when Cable was being called Soldier X and Deadpool got turned into Agent X (the book, Deadpool himself was never Agent X... entirely :confused: ).

Don't quote me on this but if I remember right Marvel changed the names so they didn't have to pay the character's creator money.

But way I understand it any writer that creates characters for Marvel forfeits royalty rights to said characters (though this is second hand info so I could be wrong).

And Cable and Deadpool got re-labeled to the X brand to make them more identifiable with the X-Men comics (which were popular) not to avoid paying money.

I've been with this book since issue 1, and have been loving it.

That being said, I hope we come across a "guest artist" who can surpass Zircher. Soon.

The penciler on #28 was better than the guy for the last two issues, but I'm still not feelin' it. Maybe the next issue's guy will kick some ass?

Not enough Cable in #28. :o Deadpool was hilarious as usual. :up: Weas is back, I see. And I felt there were way too many voice-overs from Domino. Voice-overs are alright, but they suck when they're being overdone. No more, please. Cable is the new leader of Rumekistan? This sounds interesting. Can't wait for #29.

Oh, and I liked the art, too. Didn't really like the art in the Cable versus Captain America issue.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Not enough Cable in #28. :o Deadpool was hilarious as usual. :up: Weas is back, I see. And I felt there were way too many voice-overs from Domino. Voice-overs are alright, but they suck when they're being overdone. No more, please. Cable is the new leader of Rumekistan? This sounds interesting. Can't wait for #29.

Oh, and I liked the art, too. Didn't really like the art in the Cable versus Captain America issue.

Ah, dang. Still haven't received my issue 28. Thing is though, when voiceovers are done by DP...he can do as many as he wants, hilarity always ensues.

But yeah, stayed with the series since the first issue. If there's one comic I can only purchase when I go out, it'd always be C&D.

I like how Cable can just take anything over he wants, and anyone who gave a **** to try and stop him, failed.

It's kind of amusing if you ask me.

I want to see Prester John really let go. He seems like a powerful guy. i dont know that much about him, but he has something to do with myths, right?

Hee! Even the recap page on this book is funny. :D

squeekness said:
Hee! Even the recap page on this book is funny. :D
Yes, it was. :p

God, I love those recaps. And the Q&A, too.

Sugarculted said:
Ah, dang. Still haven't received my issue 28. Thing is though, when voiceovers are done by DP...he can do as many as he wants, hilarity always ensues.

But yeah, stayed with the series since the first issue. If there's one comic I can only purchase when I go out, it'd always be C&D.
Don't get me wrong. I love it when Deadpool does those hilarious voice-overs. I just didn't feel the same hilarity vibe when Domino did them.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Don't get me wrong. I love it when Deadpool does those hilarious voice-overs. I just didn't feel the same hilarity vibe when Domino did them.

When i started also, i had to catch up on like 26 issues (approx) and the narration I found got so boring. It was so wordy and there was so much. Plus i think DP is funniest when interacting with others.

Hee! :D

deadpoolmarvelgirl.jpg

This is probably a stupid question, but DPs scarring is because of his healing factor right. Something about his cells continually healing (whereas Wolvies only heals when it really has to) that it makes his skin look scarred.

cerealkiller182 said:
This is probably a stupid question, but DPs scarring is because of his healing factor right. Something about his cells continually healing (whereas Wolvies only heals when it really has to) that it makes his skin look scarred.
I think so. It was a side effect of his having gone thru the WeaponX program. He had cancer or something so he traded cancer for ugly but being able to heal. Something like that. :) It's been a while since I've read thru his first solo book.

squeekness said:
I think so. It was a side effect of his having gone thru the WeaponX program. He had cancer or something so he traded cancer for ugly but being able to heal. Something like that. :) It's been a while since I've read thru his first solo book.

It was a side effect of the healing factor dealing with the cancer, I think.

CABDPL031_col.jpg

CABLE & DEADPOOL #31
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
Penciled by STAZ JOHNSON
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
CIVIL WAR TIE-IN!
"FOR KING AND COUNTRY"
DEADPOOL vs. the RENEGADE HEROES! Can the government’s newest Superhuman Marshall buff his badge and kick some butt? And what’s CABLE up to? Well, with two countries to run, he wouldn’t have any interest whatsoever in using this whole Superhuman Registration Act for his own advantage, would he...? No, not our Cable... that would just be so... insidious...
Part 2 (of 3).
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99​

Thanks, Specter. :up: Good to know they'll acknowledge Civil War in C&D.

squeekness said:
Bwahahahaha! :D:up: I loved that part.

squeekness said:

The greatest part is that those yellow underwear show up again in the series.

Don't believe me?

Just read when DP meets the BAD Girls for the first time.

Wolverazio said:
The greatest part is that those yellow underwear show up again in the series.

Don't believe me?

Just read when DP meets the BAD Girls for the first time.
iconcheesylaugh0ji.gif

1deadpool1dm.jpg

Deadpool is cool. :p

Just read #28 and I'm kinda surprised that more of you guys didn't like it. I like that they're sticking with Cable's "savior" persona and having him put his money where his mouth is.

I <3 this book so much.

I didn't mind the constant Domino narratives. That's basically how 28 was set up, and how I imagine 29 will be set up. More so, the narratives were set up along the lines of a journal or mission log. I think it works, but probably mostly because I'm a writer myself and Fabian can weave words so well. :up:

And I love the hidden relationship of messiah and tyrant.

- Cable/Deadpool will continue as a series, despite the fact that Cable will be joining one of the core X-Men teams.

:up:

Slott said that GLX will appear in Thing #8, which is the poker game issue, and the final issue of the series. After that issue, the writer said, they will no longer go by the name "GLX." The team, such as it will be named; will soon appear in Cable/Deadpool #31.

Just thought you guys might appreciate seeing some of my pencils for the upcoming C/D #30. Here you go, hope you like them.

Holy ****. Those are awesome. A C&D writer on the Hype? Sweet. It's nice of you to share your pencils with us. Much appreciated. I can't wait for this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"