Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing...did you guys ever hear the rumor than Famke wanted to pull out the film?

Does anyone want to march to Rothman's home and rip his head off?

Can someone give the source, please?

So all the blame goes back to Rothman/Fox. :mad:

damn it -cries on Howlett's shoulder- bring them back. Say it!

J.Howlett said:
One other thing...did you guys ever hear the rumor than Famke wanted to pull out the film?

no, it was a different type of pulling out she was talking about, see, there was a sex scene in it with her and logan and........... yeah, I'm going to stop there........

Essentially, I emailed someone who wrote a scathing review of The Last Stand on one of the sites that everyone frequently visits and this person told me a little bit about the production.

The bit about Ratner wanting to push it back to Thanksgiving was unconfirmed but this person had heard it from several sources.

The one about Famke was told to me via email from someone who actually worked on the film. I will not say who but this person is listed on the imdb credits for working on the film.

JokerNick said:
hey, how did you like x3???

I enjoyed it... I was still disappointed...

I did hear that singer wanted to do x3 and x4 back to back a while ago...but now that we're talking about it, DAMN It!! :(

Famke wanted to pull out? ... hmmm makes sense. Perhaps she wanted her role to expand further throughout x3 and x4. She did say there was so much stuff- material-wise that didn't make it. So stuff was changed. She said that it would have worked if her role as Phoenix and Dark Phoenix was expanded through two films... I WOULD HAVE LIKED THAT. I agree with her. This makes me upset.

I'd say, if Singer decides to go back to X-Men. Make the movie he wants to make and bring back the cast!!!

Say it!!! SAY IT! ...

J.Howlett said:

About time! It only makes sense.. she's a pretty smart woman... I'd say having her stand around for the second half of the movie certainly threw up a red flag... She turned down other roles because she was told that she was being developd into the ultimate antagonist.

Do you have any more on this? I'd love to know what she really thought. She seems like such an easy going person...

Also, has anybody noticed how completely pissed Anna Paquin looks at all of the press events? I'm guessing she's not only dissatisfied with the treatment of her character, but also with the fact that they screwed up the movie completely.

Oh, well. It's already been done. Nothing we can do to reverse it. :)

DarknessOfDeath said:
I enjoyed it... I was still disappointed...

I did hear that singer wanted to do x3 and x4 back to back a while ago...but now that we're talking about it, DAMN It!! :(

Famke wanted to pull out? ... hmmm makes sense. Perhaps she wanted her role to expand further throughout x3 and x4. She did say there was so much stuff- material-wise that didn't make it. So stuff was changed. She said that it would have worked if her role as Phoenix and Dark Phoenix was expanded through two films... I WOULD HAVE LIKED THAT. I agree with her. This makes me upset.

I'd say, if Singer decides to go back to X-Men. Make the movie he wants to make and bring back the cast!!!

Say it!!! SAY IT! ...

I say this, show wolverine waking up in the beginning of x4, and make x3 all a dream........

DarknessOfDeath said:

First we need to let Rothman disappear.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Oh, well. It's already been done. Nothing we can do to reverse it. :)

cough* superman returns * cough

they are making it so that superman 3 and 4 never happened, who's says singer can't do that with x-men, just make it like x3 never happened

don't turn it into a Alien resurection, please don't, don't bring people back from the dead

liamoverson,

That's all I have. Again, the Famke rumor was confirmed on this site actually, on these boards but the thread was locked immediately.

Speaking of Paquin, why do you guys think her role was so small? Because she was shooting another film while doing The Last Stand.

Why? Again, has everything to do with the studio waiting too long to greenlight the damn film.

JokerNick said:
cough* superman returns * cough

they are making it so that superman 3 and 4 never happened, who's says singer can't do that with x-men, just make it like x3 never happened

don't turn it into a Alien resurection, please don't, don't bring people back from the dead
Ah,yes, but that's different.

Do we have to wait 20 years? :o

Who's with me!?! Come on! It must be done!

I agree. ROthman needs to go!!

Please Singer!! Do what you need to do and bring back Famke, James, and Everyone else!!!

Trust me when I say this, Singer did not want to leave X-Men for Superman.

He tried to work out a deal to where he could do both. And the only reason it got like that because Fox wanted too long to get the ball rolling on X3 and conflict between Singer and Rothman.

DarknessOfDeath said:

Please Singer!! Do what you need to do and bring back Famke, James, and Everyone else!!!

You know I think I would do just about do anything. ANYTHING.

I'd donate money to some kind of fund. I'd give thousands to have Singer and the cast come back. I'm totally serious I would actually give thousands.

Oh I didn't know Anna was shooting another movie... but still... it was bad writing... I know you agree... I'm just sayin...

liamoversion,

Yeah, it was bad writing but alot of that had to do with the fact that she was shooting another film during the production of The Last Stand, hence why she's only in it for a limited time.

If you notice the only members of the cast who seem overenthusiastic about the film are Hugh and Halle (and possibly Kelsey) Everyone else seems to be giving polite PR answers. In one video interview Rebecca looked stumped for responses when put on the spot. Famke looks jetlagged in the IGN interview with Jimmy. The only cast member who seems to be happier with Ratner is Halle.

Hugh'sMrs said:
If you notice the only members of the cast who seem overenthusiastic about the film are Hugh and Halle (and possibly Kelsey) Everyone else seems to be giving polite PR answers. In one video interview Rebecca looked stumped for responses when put on the spot. Famke looks jetlagged in the IGN interview with Jimmy. The only cast member who seems to be happier with Ratner is Halle.

Yeah true... not getting a great vibe from the interviews... there's like this dark unercurrent to them... like the cast is just ready to revolt.

Bingo.

Remember, Marsden hadn't been signed yet to do The Last Stand when he got the role for Superman. He basically came out and said he'd do X-Men for free because he loved the character so much.

The only reason he took the Superman role and the other role that he has coming out was because Fox waited too long to get the cast signed and delivered so everyone could devote the proper time to making the film.

Why do you guys think that Jackman was adament that The Last Stand was the last X-Men film?

Again, he owes alot to Bryan for what Bryan did for him on the first film. He's loyal to Bryan and to the character.

The more I hear about what happened behind the scenes, the more I hate X3.

DarknessOfDeath said:

lol, i hope they bring them back.

Seriously, do an extension search online of all the X3 announcements starting from the time X2 was released until the release of The Last Stand.

There's a pattern there.

The main problem came when X3 all of a sudden slowed way the hell down...even after X2 was a serious hit at the box office and critically acclaimed.

Look at what happened from Spider-Man to Spider-Man 2. 2 to 3 months after Spider-Man came out, Raimi and his team were already at work on Spider-Man 2.

Look at what they did with Spider-Man 3. A few months after Spider-Man 2 hit theatres, they were at work again, knowing that Spider-Man 3 was coming out in 2007, not 2006. Spider-Man 2 came out summer of 2004.

Why the long, long wait to greenlight X3. What the hell did Fox do in all of 2004?

I don't hate X3... I wish they went down the route that Singer wanted to do... I still enjoyed X3...but damn!! What a HUGE missed opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"