Days of Future Past X-Men: First Class filming thread: News, reports, images etc.

Just found these pictures of some scene they were shooting in LA: :wow:

6xw75y.jpg

2whp7id.jpg

http://twitpic.com/photos/MuscleNerd

Hmmm

I'm just gonna say it. A reboot with only the original 5 students would be a boring movie, that's why it wasn't made.
That's like saying a Batman or Spider-man movie would be boring with only one hero.

It comes down to the writing and direction, not the number of heroes and villains.

I'd sure as hell take the original five over what we're getting....specially since mags and prof x wouldve been apart of THAT film as well.

I agree with everyone who's just....indifferent to this movie. In a summer where Green Lantern, Captain America, and Thor make their big screen debuts, in a summer where Harry Potter ends and we're getting interesting looking movies like "Cowboys vs Aliens", an X-Man movie without most of its iconic, popular characters....made by fox no less....just aint that exciting on paper.

Well, I love the X-Men, my favorite actor is in it, and I really couldn't care less about Green Lantern, Captain America, Thor and Harry Potter, so... :o

Our first look at Oliver Platt as The Man in Black .. seems pretty ordinary ..

That's like saying a Batman or Spider-man movie would be boring with only one hero.

It comes down to the writing and direction, not the number of heroes and villains.
That's not a good comparison at all. Batman and Spidey were created as solo heroes, who rarely worked with others. The X-Men was one of the first super-teams created.

By the time the first X-Men came out, comic wise, there were at least thousand of X-related characters, and most of the more popular ones were not from the original 5, save for Iceman and Cyclops.
That's not to say an original 5 movie would never work, but it would be underwhelming in terms of the hype for it; especially since the movie was released only 3 years after the end of TAS run.
Is that to say that the movie should be based on the cartoon? No, but that's what the majority of people thought of when the movie was coming out.
It wasn't until BB that everyone got hard-ons for origin movies.

Well I think the pic proves The Man In Black works with Magneto,Xavier,Moira and the X-Men.The pic leads me to believe the government Is Involved with helping set up the school.

As I keep saying even a reboot wouldn't just have the original five.I guarantee you If the reboot care dIs ever used Wolverine and at least one other from the 1975 or later X-Men would be used.For me this Is Magneto and Xavier's film so having any X-Men Is just a plus.Seeing Beast as human looking and showing him becoming blue and furry.Having
Banshee.And having Hellfire Club as villians(with the White Queen version on Emma Frost)
Excites me.And again Thor and Captain America are taking liberties themselves.My faith In marvel Studios has benn damped by the Edward Norton fiasco and Jon Favraru talking about Iron Man as a trilogy and bringing In the Mandiarian and then just walking away.I am more looking forward to First Class.

Well I think the pic proves The Man In Black works with Magneto,Xavier,Moira and the X-Men.The pic leads me to believe the government Is Involved with helping set up the school.

Well yeah, Vaughn did say that the CIA seeks out Xavier and Magneto for help.

I'm just gonna say it. A reboot with only the original 5 students would be a boring movie, that's why it wasn't made.

One of the most exciting X-Men stories is exactly with the original five, and had Neal Adams as the artist.

It would be boring either if the writer had no imagination whatsoever or simply ignored the existence of comic books.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if the man in black morphed into Mr Sinister by the film's end.

There has been some rumors that the Man in Black is secretly in cahoots with Sebastian Shaw and the Hellfire Club.

I was secretly hoping he would really be the Shadow King in Cairo with baby Storm :(:p

In Kevin Bacon's interview he clearly states that when we first meet him in the movie, he is not who he appears to be .. that could mean Shaw is in disguise or by the end of the film Shaw will be revealed to be somebody else .. also in Vaughn's interview he says that Bacon will be a "revelation" .. hmmm the speculation continues ..

In Kevin Bacon's interview he clearly states that when we first meet him in the movie, he is not who he appears to be .. that could mean Shaw is in disguise or by the end of the film Shaw will be revealed to be somebody else .. also in Vaughn's interview he says that Bacon will be a "revelation" .. hmmm the speculation continues ..

The real clue came from Vaughn's interview last year, around the time Inception came out. He had seen it and had to scrap 12 script pages of Xavier in some astral plane psychic battle. I thought Shadow King was definitely the villain of the piece after I read that, but then they announced The Hellfire Club.

I'd LOOOOVE to hear Bacon was actually Shadow King. The battle between him and Charles would quadruple my excitement for this film.

He's secretly Dr. Schmidt, the Nazi scientist who experimented on a young Magneto in the Auschwitz Concentration Camp.

He's secretly Dr. Schmidt, the Nazi scientist who experimented on a young Magneto in the Auschwitz Concentration Camp.

So they're mashing up Shaw and Schmidt like how they mashed up Caliban/Quicksilver/Callisto in X3?

I dont think Bacon isnt Shaw at the end of the movie.

would have been nice if he was Sinister too, but I like the combination of Bacon and January Jones as part of the Hellfire Club.

Im really interested in this whole hellfire plot.

I would hate to find out that a genuine x-man villian (Shaw) ends up being someone else. I hope he's Shaw, and they stick with that.

If they wanted Shadow King, use him. And the idea of the man-in-black (a toss-away character) being Sinister sounds fantastic!

The Man in Black could merely be a government agent studying this new phenomenon of mutant activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"