*Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Ghostvirus, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terry78 I'm not cap'n crunch, fool

This thread must be nommed for thread of 2009 when the awards start up again. It's got something for everyone.

2. enterthemadness The Triumvirate

Bleu Cheeze burgers are soooooo good. Much more appealing than a woman in a bikini. Just...:awesome::yay:

I am a skatter brain. And I love taco bell. Just....OMG.

:o Joey was awesome in LOST IN SPACE. So were the FX/CGI.

3. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Don't talk to me in the confines of my thread.

4. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

erz, ive tried everything that i know. i have tried girls at work (apparently a bad idea), ive tried girls at school, tried friends of friends, tried girls ive met at parties. ive tried taking it slow and forming a friendship first and ive tried asking a girl out as soon as i meet her and everything in between. and no i dont take pleasantries as anything more than that, but when you are asking a girl out you are typically going out with a new person you dont much know and pleasantries is about all you have to go off of.

5. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

My point is you have to get to know them and lay the ground work. Establish some sort of rapport. I think you go in so cold with most of these women, that you don't really have an "in" most of the time.

But if you have exhausted all your outlets, you might want to try and use some sort of online dating service.

6. enterthemadness The Triumvirate

Fat liar pants...u didn't make this thread.

7. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I have the most posts in this thread. It's essentially my thread. I've helped singles and singles of people here. :o

8. amazingfantasy15 Registered

Yeah, I've had luck with the online dating services and some friends have had great luck with them. You've got to use one with a subscription fee though, like Match or eHarmony, makes a difference in the quality of girls there and what they're looking for. It shouldn't be the only thing, but just another avenue to meet someone. I also think joining a club, recreational sport or something is a good way to meet people, plus you'll already have something in common. If nothing else it may help increase your pool of friends.

9. enterthemadness The Triumvirate

Can I thread hijack it and post a thread hijack pic, cause I kinda hijacked that being single thread?

10. amazingfantasy15 Registered

I think the batting average on this thread is actually really low. However, that's mostly because no one listens.

11. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Let me think.

No.

12. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

People ignore our sound advice. :csad:

13. enterthemadness The Triumvirate

......u = no fun.:o

14. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

It's good that you're trying different things, but you really must be aware that whatever doesn't work for one girl, might work for another. It's really about individual personalities. I know for me, I simply don't go out with people I've talked to for 5 seconds. That happened to me once - someone just asked me out while I was walking around, and I'm sure he was likely perfectly nice. But I turned him down because I literally talked to him for FIVE SECONDS (I was in a hurry and needed to get somewhere), and that isn't enough time to figure out if he's a crazy stalker or not.

Each girl is different. I dunno if some guys are just completely clueless when it comes to social boundaries, but I think with some observation, it's easy to tell which girls are open for bold moves and which need a little familiarity first.

I met my bf on Plenty of Fish. I dug through a lot of messages, but it's probably the same anywhere. I've heard enough horror stories about eHarmony to know that it's overpriced for what you get. :funny: Match.com is probably a good middle ground, although I've also heard that sometimes they bait men with pictures of women who don't actually have active profiles.

15. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

The world could end tomorrow, that could've been the man of your life right there!!

16. terry78 I'm not cap'n crunch, fool

On December 31, 2011, I am sleeping with everyone I see. Just in case. :o

17. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

That's a smart choice my friend. You have a whole year to ****e it out.

18. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

:funny: I know, right?

I didn't really regret it afterwards, though it was flattering that someone would just ask me out like that. Maybe he were like, totally totally hot, I would have accepted.

That's right, I'm shallow like that. :o

19. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

I knew it! I have found a crack in your system. I knew you were just like the rest of us. That is why i love you.

And it took me more than 5 minutes, wich gives me a tiny chance. :awesome:

#11619 RKO, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  20. BillyZaned Registered

so what exactly happened with this one... I want the play by play... how did you approach her, what was her reaction... how did she stand you up.... I think I know what's going on with you, I just want some more background before I state what I think... because the way you look, and sound... you seem like one of my old friends, Mike...

21. BillyZaned Registered

Well, I'm gettin' something really special too. And by special I don't mean special like that Kleinaman boy down the street. More special like... like Special K, the cereal. Hey, what do they do with the regular K? And for that matter, what ever happend to K. Ballard? You know, if you said mallard and you had a cold, it would sound like ballard.

22. BillyZaned Registered

and now their contemplating suicidr... way to go Dr. Love

23. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Win-win.

24. BillyZaned Registered

touche

25. SuperHeroHype SHH! Creator

This thread has been closed due to long loading times that are slowing down our servers. You are welcome to start a new thread on this topic. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.