*Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Ghostvirus, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katie_girl09 All kinds of smexy.

I would also say that it's important to know when NOT to play games. It's kind of ridiculous playing games with someone who isn't playing games with you. You'll just piss them off after a while and they'll move on. I actually lost interest in a guy over such a thing.

2. amazingfantasy15 Registered

I'm not so sure about just continuing a talk later, seems wishy washy, just ask her out.

Yeah, might be good to have a backup date plan.

3. Paradoxium Making Your Head Explode

I KNOW this, but what are you suppose to do when you are trying to achieve the opposite? To get yourself off a girl's radar? Am I suppose to hit on her to get her stop her advances?

4. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

I agree. Fixating only on, "OMG that girl's so hot how do I talk to her" doesn't ever work. If a girl is right for you, then she'll be up for talking to you or even agree to go out, no matter what she looks like. If she shoots you down, then she isn't right for you and you're better off without her. What's the issue here?

5. Wylie Times Registered

I wouldn't even say that's playing games though. If every other guy is hitting on and drooling over a girl, the guy who isn't is more likely to stand out. Obviously there's a point where more interest should be shown. I'm simply saying it's a bad idea for a guy to be falling all over himself to get attention from a woman they barely know but think is "hot".

OH.....just be direct about it and tell her your not interested. I mean don't be mean or rude about it but be direct....Though I'm no expert in this respect because I'm typically unaware of when a woman is hitting on me until she's in my lap. :dry:

6. enterthemadness The Triumvirate

Looking back on it, this is probably the #1 thing I hated about going to Hooter's with co-workers/friends. I much rather have a guy waiter at a other place than go to Hooter's now. :yay: although Hooter's Bleu Cheese Burger...just OMG in my mouth. Me having bleu cheese on my burger is like a cat having cat nip. :o jus *nom nom nom*.

7. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Sure, but it's better to not play games at all and treat her like a person, instead of just a hot mannequin. I think any typically "hot" girl (or any girl with big boobs, judging by y'all's fixations on them :oldrazz: ) is going to easily see through any guys' attempts at gaming, whether you do it by falling over her or ignoring her. (Unless she's stupid. :funny: ) It's much more surprising when a guy just treats her like a normal person, because all girls who are worthwhile are more than just hot.

I've heard from countless well-endowed (and intelligent) girls that they are SICK of guys staring at their boobs all day. If you do so, you're just another guy trying to get them to take their shirts off. Nothing special about that. It gets their attention when someone actually looks at their faces when they're talking. It makes them feel like a person instead of just a sex object.

8. Wylie Times Registered

:doh:

We're basically saying the same thing but in different ways. In my original post I said it's best to show a degree of indifference. Talking to and being around ANY woman is no big deal.

Oh and for the big boobs stuff. I agree, but if a woman is wearing something that shows off a lot a cleavage or is super tight, asking a man not too even take a glace is absurd.

9. Paradoxium Making Your Head Explode

Yea I did that obviously (when asked out for dinner). Also note she is the daughter of someone who is very very important in the company. I eventually quit.

It's easier when it is a girl you don't have to face and deal with everyday. You just "fade out" on her. Like never return calls, emails, and have tons of excuses. This is just a bit more difficult.

10. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Sure. :funny:

And I wouldn't know personally, but I hear that finding stuff that fits and doesn't make one look like a **** or a saggy fat blob is rather difficult when a girl is very well-endowed. Sometimes girls do like to show off cleavage, but sometimes it's not the woman's fault for that, it's just that clothing manufacturers don't design for women who are not a C cup, in either direction.

Maybe it's a test though. Wear something that shows off the girls, and the one guy who DOESN'T ogle at them during conversation is Mr. Right. :cwink:

11. Paradoxium Making Your Head Explode

Oh come oooon. Don't tell the fashion industry is oppressing women with cleavage-candy :funny:

12. amazingfantasy15 Registered

I really don't get the whole Hooter's thing. It's a sports bar nothing more, people treat it like a strip club or brothel, I remember going to one for the first time at a friend's bachelor party, so disappointing. Wow, the girls wear tight shirts and shorts, at one of my favorite local bars, the waitresses wear pretty much the same thing.

13. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

He is such a skatter brain.

"I don't like having women being my waitress at hooters....

...oooh bleu cheese burger....nom nom....

.....Bloo from Foster's imaginary friends...

....friends....I like that guy who played Joey....

....joey is what they call the younger kangaroos.....

:dry:

14. Paradoxium Making Your Head Explode

[​IMG]

15. SLVRSR4 Registered

So I failed at asking out a lesbian, but now her partner is hitting on me like crazy. Anyone been in a love triangle?:o

16. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

Love triangle with lesbians?

Is all up-hill from here.

17. Shuley Registered

If a girl has big boobs pushed up out of thier shirt...and you can hold eye contact and hold a conversation...she'll want you :)

18. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

Unless she's into pervs.

19. amazingfantasy15 Registered

That or they're messing with you. Are you thinking about getting a sex change? That's the only way I see anything happening with these lesbians.

20. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

I should have known better.

So the girl who I finally grew a pair and asked out, and said yes, just essentially stood me up today.

I knew better, I saw this coming as soon as she agreed to go out with me that it wasn't going to happen, I don't know why I allowed myself to believe in the notion that it'd happen. Things never change.

I'm the only person on the face of the planet that can't even get a date, let alone an actual relationship.

21. SLVRSR4 Registered

That's probably what's going on. I'm too delusional to think otherwise though. I've played with the thought of getting a sex change I need something drastic to happen.

#11596 SLVRSR4, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  22. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

You aren't the only one. Dating is tough, but you shouldn't let yourself get frustrated after only one bad outing. Dust yourself off and ask somebody else.

23. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

The problem is, it's not one bad outing. It's the only result I know.

I have been rejected and turned down by every girl I've been interested in since Jr. High. I've had only a handful of dates, with whom all the girls just "wanted to be friends", and apparently never had any romantic intentions. Outside of that, it's a whole slew of girls who I ask out, that say YES, they would enjoy going out with me, but when the times comes to put those plans in action, they flake and I am unable to ever get ahold of them, they avoid me, we don't go out, and yea.

If this was just one time getting turned down, I would be like "whatever, NEXT!", but it's not, it's the same thing that happens everytime, and has been happening my entire life, and it's the reason why I've all but given up on even pursuing girls at all anymore, because in my mind it's like why even bother? I already know what's going to happen, it's just a waste of my time and her time for me to put myself out there like that.

24. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

First off, forget everything before college, because it doesn't count. Maybe you are looking in the wrong places for women. Maybe you should try some sort of social club/activity or even online dating.

Maybe you should even look at the women you seem to have trouble with and possibly yourself. Are you mistaking pleasantries for something more? Do you have only a few small conversations then you automatically ask them out? Maybe you should lay more groundwork. Get them to actually know you before asking them out.

25. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

:funny: You're so right about the pre-college thing. High schoolers honestly are such emotional fools, no offense to any mature high schoolers out there. :oldrazz:

I think that's why online dating worked out pretty well for me, at least in the lack of instances I was stood up - you KNOW that if someone is chatting with you, they're more likely to be interested in dating you. That's the entire reason why they're on the service in the first place!

And yeah, until my current bf I had nothing serious come out of online dating, and I'd been doing it on and off for a couple years. I've probably gone on about 10 or 15 first dates that led to nowhere. Sometimes you just don't match up with another person, no matter how friendly and nice they may be to you. The trick is to not put too much stock in each prospective relationship, especially when it's JUST starting out. Anything can happen in the first couple of dates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.