*Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Ghostvirus, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradoxium Making Your Head Explode

2. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

1. I'm not a waiter. Never have been. There's lots of different positions in a restaurant. :)

2. What's wrong with hitting on girls when they come into the restaurant? I see it happen all the time. Sometimes it's successful, sometimes not, just like anything.

3. What's wrong with trying to hook up with girls that you work with? Again, I've seen it happen tons of times.

4. What's wrong with hitting on a waitress? I mean, I know they get that crap all the time, but that's not to say it can't work, if you present yourself right. Everytime I go out with my brother, he gives me crap if I don't start talking to and hitting on the waitress or bartender. And my brother is not a guy who's ever had problems with women. He's currently married, 7 years, very happily.

3. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

There isn't anything wrong with it, but unless you're a celebrity or rich (ie, they notice that you tip VERY well), they won't give you the time of day. They're waitresses, their job is to be nice and/or flirty with men so they'll get tips. They get hit on ALL THE TIME, believe me.

I mean, I guess hitting on a waitress is good practice to get you to talk to women in general (they won't shoot you down too badly because they still want your tip), but if you really do want to get her number or get a date, it's likely not going to work.

4. katie_girl09 All kinds of smexy.

Hooking up with a coworker should be avoided if possible. If things don't work out, your professional life is going to get pretty awkward.

5. E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

LMAO!:hehe:

6. amazingfantasy15 Registered

Sex Panther! 60% of the time, it works every time.

7. Paradoxium Making Your Head Explode

Oh lord, I hate girls and workplaces (well the younger ones). I've tried consciously to avoid girls at workplaces... and what happens? It often creates the opposite god damn effect. I don't understand girl logic, the majority of guys liked her, flirted with her and was after her. So what the hell does she do? She pours her efforts on the one guy who avoids her like a disease. :wall:

Had to be hot and single too :waa:

#11557 Paradoxium, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  8. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

Which is why I rarely hit on waitress girls anymore, unless it's just for general conversation / practicing on talking to women and feeling comfortable.

But if I ever go out with my brother, he's always telling me "You need to be hitting on her!", and he's calling me out if I don't ask for the waitress / bartender's # before we leave.

He worked in the restaurant business for probably about 10 years, and I guess apparently plowed about every hot chick he ever worked with, so he thinks I should be following in his foot steps I guess.

9. katie_girl09 All kinds of smexy.

Your brother sounds like a great guy. :awesome:

10. katie_girl09 All kinds of smexy.

11. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

He actually is.

He and I are just 2 completely different people in about every possible regard to life, and so sometimes I don't think he understands why I'm not always out hitting on every hot girl I ever meet.

12. Dark Phantom Sing for me!

Dude, I am so with you. I'm a freshman in college. So far I'm making a conscious effort not to hit on any girls and try to enjoy my time without any complications. However, I'm surrounded by really attractive girls that I wish I could date. At first they seem interested in me because I'm not showing interest. but once i show no bite, they leave me alone and go after one of my guy friends....where was i going with this?....oh yeah, i hate relationships...

13. Wylie Times Registered

Geez yall don't know basic stuff....You're supposed to ignore hot women....Well not ignore them totally but show a degree of indifference. That how you gain their attention and even then once you have it don't go breaking your neck to tell her how into her you are....Patience, good conversation skills, and restraint are the key.

14. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

So are you saying that I -shouldn't- ask out the pretty girl in my English class to accompany me to the drama performance tomorrow night?

15. Dark Phantom Sing for me!

what are you high?! FRIGGIN' ASK HER!!!! :doh:

16. Wylie Times Registered

Do you have any sort of relationship with this girl besides just being in the same class as her? :huh:

17. Speedball Don't. Blink.

God... so I've met two 31 year olds this week who were kinda into me.
    One I met saturday at a bar, he's kinda cute... but don't know that much about him. The other guy I met last night, and he's pretty much the man of my dreams, but I don't think anything will happen there at all.
    He lives in philly, while I live in bumf***, virginia.
    God... Is it sad I'm ready to settle down with someone already, and I'm only 23?

18. SLVRSR4 Registered

I'm twenty and looking to settle down:o
    Anyway as i posted earlier it's really awkward around the lesbian I was trying to get with. There was some sliver of hope there before that she might be into me, but now there's nothing. Maybe i was just having a bad day, but they were trying really hard to make sure i was happy and still remain friends with them. I don't know what to do and i'm not even sure why i'm posting this.

19. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

No.

I'll walk with her from our English class to her next class before I head out for my break, so we have some small conversations between classes and stuff, but no, no "relationship".

20. Shuley Registered

You guys need to look past thier hot looks...yes you are worthy of hot women,but you have to talk to them and create a connection, not every girl is going to be attracted to you...the relationship starts the very second you walk over and say Hello!. Look at her in the eye and don't break eye contact first,she'll be more drawn to you.So you guys need to stop walking around with your penis in your hand (I don't mean literally) and start really listening to her,then take the conversation to a deeper level...that's how women talk to each other...they talk about one thing and then talk to to death then change the subject...guys talk,we are all over the place...we change the subject 18 times in 10 mins.

21. amazingfantasy15 Registered

Well, you're a guy and she likes girls, so I don't understand how you even thought there was a chance.

Why not just go for it? The next time you're walking between classes ask her, can't hurt.

22. Shuley Registered

Nothing is going to happen until you ask,Just like AF15 said..just ask,but look at her in the eyes and say something like "hey I gotta run,why don't you give me your number and we'll talk more about {insert subject topic} later? This will work since you are commanding her,your not giving her the option..which is usually no.

23. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

:woot::woot::woot::woot:

:word::word::word::word:

Done and done.

24. katie_girl09 All kinds of smexy.

You mean that you STILL haven't asked her?! Now she may say "no" because it's such short notice! :doh:

25. katie_girl09 All kinds of smexy.

Double.

#11575 katie_girl09, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.