Days of Future Past Official synopsis of the movie is the key !

merbass

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/28...nson-be-cast-as-cyclops-in-x-men-first-class/

It seems that X-men : FC is no longer about Professor recruiting X-men team as it was first announced. The movie will go back way before the X-Academy and incorporated material from X-men origins : Magneto into this movie.

As Brian Singer suggested how he likes JJ Abram's Star Trek style. Remember Chris Hemsworth playing the father of James Character .

The same can be said here. Perhaps Aaron can play Cyclop pre X-men 1 then the movie cuts back to the teen Charles and Magneto.

Official synopsis.
"X-Men: First Class," following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men.

Hmm "The Worlds Greatest threat the World has ever known"? Apoacalypse?

Apocalypse. The story will have him convince Magneto that the World belongs to Mutant's and that humans have no longer the right to control their fates,they will never accept what they dont understand and what they fear. Humans will destroy their threat. So its up to the Mutant's to bring a new World order...everything Magneto strives for and against.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get too caught up in the language of the synopsis.

Here are the synopses to The Last Stand and Wolverine...

In X-Men 3: The Last Stand, the final chapter in the X-Men motion picture trilogy, a "cure" for mutancy threatens to alter the course of history. For the first time, mutants have a choice: retain their uniqueness, though it isolates and alienates them, or give up their powers and become human. The opposing viewpoints of mutant leaders Charles Xavier, who preaches tolerance, and Magneto, who believes in the survival of the fittest, are put to the ultimate test - triggering the war to end all wars.

The war to end all wars? Not really.

Leading up to the events of 'X-Men,' 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'—written by David Benioff ('The Kite Runner,' 'Troy')—tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

Epically violent and romantic? Not really.

Also, "the greatest threat the world has ever known," at that time, may not be as heavy-hitting as Apocalypse.

Now you're getting too hung up on the smaller details..

It's pretty obvious that they're taking it farther back than what people originally thought, but it's still somewhat unclear how much time the movie will actually cover.

I brought this up because people are starting to complain that James Macavoy will be teaching late teen X-men. blah blah blah.

Remember Chris Hemworth plays Chris Pine's father, while Spock Prime met young Kirk.

Perhaps mutant with time travelling ability ?

hmm it just dawned on me that maybe Sentinels could be a threat...before the mutant plight gets out of hand (X1 and X2) Bolivar Trask or Steven Lang creates sentinels to eradicate all mutant life on Earth or to imprison them...and some of the captive mutants could become members of Magento's brotherhood...i.e. Mystique

I could see Steven Lang hating the fact that government was funding programs to work w/mutants ala Styrker/Team X, and his family was killed by mutants so he teams up w/Henry Gyrich, younger Robert Kelly to manufacture Sentinels....

It seems like working backwards in a way. The progression of the story in X1 and/or X2 would've made the appearance of the Sentinels make sense somewhere within the two films. If they go full blown Sentinels even before X1 happens, it would seem kinda weird to me...I mean, the true "mutant phenomenon" didn't appear to really reach that pivotal impact globally until the events near or around the events of X1.

I guess we would have to assume that, if the Sentinels were in, it would be some sort of work in progress sort of prototype/preliminary test program being conducted with super secrecy.

If that's the case, I wonder if they would ever think about getting a younger "Secretary Trask" (Bill Duke) for this, a la a younger Stryker in Wolverine. If they kept with X3's characterization for Trask, I think Richard T. Jones would be good. I liked him in Terminator TSCC.

Last edited:
a lot of ppl tend to think the mutant problem was beginning in X1, not really if u rewatch x1 in the senate hearing Jean was trying to get the council to vote against mutant registration act, and everyone was fully aware of mutants...i do agree w/u yes they are working backwards, but we're getting to see how the mutant problem began, probably in a trilogy up 2 x1 or yrs prior to...

I can see the sentinel(s) being a prototype but the reason i went w/Gen. Lang is that he could be the "hitler" to the mutants, enslaving or killing them "use a mutant to capture/kill a mutant" so that would be a way the sentinels could locate mutants...Gen.Lang could remind Eric of how humanity would never change and he refuses to watch his kind die like in the Nazi's camps...so that could start the rift w/xavier

No I was saying that the mutant problem was reaching its peak in X1, which is what all of the "a war is coming" thing led up to, which, X3 tried to finish off, but, kinda failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"