Official UFC Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^imo he does have power he dropped ben on his ass in both fights while ben could'nt even hurt frankie

and ko'd gray

^imo he does have power he dropped ben on his ass in both fights while ben could'nt even hurt frankie

and ko'd gray

You can notice the difference in power when Gray hit Frankie (which wasnt often post 2nd round in both fights) & you could notice the power difference in Henderson's kicks.. Not so much his hands. Frankie definatly has the power to drop someone if he catches them right.. But for me it just doesn't look like he has that 1 punch power that can end a fight or badly hurt his opponent.

Hendo nearly KO'd Frankie with an upkick & for a good round layed some punishment on Frankie till he recovered in their first bout.

You can notice the difference in power when Gray hit Frankie (which wasnt often post 2nd round in both fights) & you could notice the power difference in Henderson's kicks.. Not so much his hands. Frankie definatly has the power to drop someone if he catches them right.. But for me it just doesn't look like he has that 1 punch power that can end a fight or badly hurt his opponent.

Hendo nearly KO'd Frankie with an upkick & for a good round layed some punishment on Frankie till he recovered in their first bout.

Frankie isn't gonna be gaining power if he drops down in weight....so, it'll even more difficult to finish someone. I think he should actually put more muscle on and stay at 155.

CrypticOne maybe not more power but it would be easier for him to beat up or knock out smaller guys. Plus 145 is like a trip to the sauna for him and he could probably get it off no problem.

Edgar is very tough but he's been getting very beat up in these fights a lot too.

CrypticOne maybe not more power but it would be easier for him to beat up or knock out smaller guys. Plus 145 is like a trip to the sauna for him and he could probably get it off no problem.

Edgar is very tough but he's been getting very beat up in these fights a lot too.

He's only been really "beat up" in three fights. The two Maynard fights and the first Bendo fight.

I just hate guys dropping down, and it is really unhealthy to do. Plus, it makes guys look weak to me. I like guys like Edgar who fight at their current weight. It makes for exciting fights because he is fighting guys who are bigger than him and he is beating them. Maynard walks around at 200 pounds and Bendo does also.

Their are still fights for Edgar at 155. And I'd like him to stay there.

Frankie isn't gonna be gaining power if he drops down in weight....so, it'll even more difficult to finish someone. I think he should actually put more muscle on and stay at 155.

No, but the competition will be smaller, meaning the power that he already has will be more damaging & capable of putting guys away.

Putting on weight to remain at 155 I don't think would aid him, infact I think it would hinder what makes him a good LW. He'd lose some speed & would tire quicker because he'll be carrying more muscle all for a small boost in power. The truth is he weighs 155lbs & that should be his weight class, however because the guys that fight at 155lbs are guys that cut about 20lbs to get there, 145lbs would be probably his ideal weightclass.

While I do want Frankie to drop weight, I feel like he has a better chance to actually regain a title at 155 because, you know... ALDO.

Oh golly. Chael's already started the trashing on Jones.

Anyone see the next FOX card?! Bendo VS Diaz. Penn VS MacDonald.

dont forget shogun vs Gustafsson

also chael is going back to 205 he said he is gonna face forrest in december

UFC on Fox 5 is on my birthday and is better than the vast majority of pay per views. Happy birthday to me.

And yes, Chael and Jones went back and forth all day yesterday, but the odds of them ever actually fighting seem slim. Either Sonnen needs to win quite a few, or Jones will need to drop the belt, because Sonnen, even with a win over Forrest, wouldn't be near the front of the line for a LHW title shot.

Title shots already basically lined up...

1. Jones vs Henderon
2. Machida
3. most likely, Shogun/Gus winner

I would say Chael/Forrest Winner could fight could fight Rampage/Glover winner, and that person would be on their way to a title shot eventually (even though Rampage is likely gone after this fight), but we still don't know where Rashad stands (205 or 185), and there is always the chance of people like Phil Davis and Lil Nog working their way into the title hunt.

*sees the early fights for the Fox card and passes out due to awesome*

unfortunately, there is about a 70% chance one of those fights won't happen, due to injury

If Chael talks the right game, which he will, he may be given a title shot after beating Forrest. If he does beat Forrest.

Frankie got more beat up in that fight than Bendo IMHO.

Also Bendo never hurt Edgar? Look what he did with his legkicks and how he messed up Edgar's leg. If you guys don't think that stuff never hurts, that's nonsense.

Frankie got more beat up in that fight than Bendo IMHO.

Also Bendo never hurt Edgar? Look what he did with his legkicks and how he messed up Edgar's leg. If you guys don't think that stuff never hurts, that's nonsense.

Dude, what are you talking about?! Bendo only used those leg kicks in the first round. And yeah, they hurt, I should know. Bendo got DROPPED! That means he got his jaw ROCKED! At least twice, in this second fight. Plus, Edgar was hitting Bendo with leg kicks and making his legs crumple. Go watch the fight again.

Meh he didn't get dropped twice only once. Ben didn't look like he got a lot of damage in that fight. Edgar's face and leg were clearly jacked.

I only recall Bendo making Edgar's legs keel. Whatever. What's done is done. Edgar lost the fight. I'm not saying he needs to move down, but even his coaches are aware how much harder it is striking and grappling with these bigger guys cutting down from like 200 lbs.

I still haven't watched this fight, but I don't feel bad about Henderson getting the nod if it was really close, since I thought he won the first fight convincingly and didn't need to rematch Frankie anyway, and I actually like Frankie (he won me over when he came back from the dead in Edgar-Maynard 2).

IMHO Frankie lost the first fight to Penn anyway.

That one was really close for me, like I didn't know who to say, mostly because it seems like neither guy really did much of anything. The second fight, though, was all Frankie.

This second fight between Edgar and Bendo wasn't close at all. Every time I watch the fight, I score rounds 2, 3, 4, and 5 to Edgar. Edgar was the more aggressive/active fighter, landing more. The only thing Bendo did was land some hard leg kicks in the first round. I'm not even a big Edgar fan, but he won this fight. Bendo just throws one strike at a time. Edgar throws combinations. And he had Bendo on the ground at least 3 times in 3 different rounds. MMA judging sucks. You would think boxing judges would get these scores right since the fight took place, the majority of it, on the feet.

The first Penn/Edgar fight I thought went to the right guy, but it was close enough that I could see arguments made for B.J. That's how I feel about this second fight with Bendo. The fight was close, but Frankie took over in the latter rounds. I feel bad for him because he's now in a tight spot. Does he stick around in the deep class because he's elite enough to beat some guys and warrant another shot, or does he move down and face the tough task of Aldo. As a fan I want to see that Aldo fight more just because featherweight is pretty thin right now, and I'd love to see Frankie's speed and wrestling against Aldo's seemingly impenetrable...well everything.

Ronda Rosuey Quote From Press Conference:lmao:
"Sarah Kaufman should be thanking her lucky stars that MMA is properly regulated in California. I respect her so much that I'm not taking any chances: If i get her in an armbar I'm going to try and rip it off and throw it at her corner, if I get her in a choke I'm going to hold it until she's actually dead. And if I get a knockout I'm going to actually try and pound her face into the ground. She's relying on the competence of the California athletic commission to walk out of that cage alive. That has nothing to do with whether I like her or respect her, she seems like a nice chick, but I go into every fight like my little sister's life is depending on it. And in that kind of situation, no one can ever beat me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"