Official UFC Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rousey is a great fighter, but she runs her mouth like a Diaz brother. As entertaining as talented as she may be, I can't help but pull against her.

But since I brought up the Diaz brothers, I actually don't even find them entertaining. I don't like their "throw my hands up and talk ****" style, especially when Nate does it, as he is the lesser of the two brothers. They are the kind of people that I hate knowing could brutally kick my ass because I hate just the idea of them so much. I was actually at the Fight Night when Maynard/Diaz was the main event, and the crowd was just getting furious at how awful that fight was. It was like both guys would stop and throw their hands up like "come on!" but neither one of them actually wanted to fight. Since then, with the Edgar fights (and trying his best to make Guida engage) I have softened up a little bit on Maynard, but I still hate Diaz.

Rousey is a great fighter, but she runs her mouth like a Diaz brother. As entertaining as talented as she may be, I can't help but pull against her.

But since I brought up the Diaz brothers, I actually don't even find them entertaining. I don't like their "throw my hands up and talk ****" style, especially when Nate does it, as he is the lesser of the two brothers. They are the kind of people that I hate knowing could brutally kick my ass because I hate just the idea of them so much. I was actually at the Fight Night when Maynard/Diaz was the main event, and the crowd was just getting furious at how awful that fight was. It was like both guys would stop and throw their hands up like "come on!" but neither one of them actually wanted to fight. Since then, with the Edgar fights (and trying his best to make Guida engage) I have softened up a little bit on Maynard, but I still hate Diaz.

I have to agree with the Rousey point. But Nate Diaz has killed his last three opponents. I like that style.

Can't wait until Diaz becomes LW champ.

(if only he was better at finishing opponents and submission defense)

LOL everyone is eating out of Rousey's hand.

Rousey is the only reason people care about the Strikeforce fight this weekend.

No offense to Sarah Kaufman, but when she won the title in a boring as sin fight, NO ONE GAVE A ****! Strikeforce didn't even promote it.

Strikeforce had two awesome things going for it: its heavyweight division and the women. Now it just has the women and outside of title fights, they don't even show those on the main card of any events.

I do have to pull for Brunson this weekend, though. We both wrestled in NC in high school and were the same grade. He also lived with one of my good friends in college (they wrestled together there), so I feel a connection to him, even if it is a small one.

Umm they have three female fights on Saturday. All of them are being broadcast.

Donnie Darko before the ZUFFA buyout we'd be lucky to see two women's fights on one card.

Think about it. Remember Kaufman's title win? Exactly. It was relegated to a Challengers event and they didn't even promote that fight!

I thought only the title fight was on the main card shown on Showtime?

Only title fight but all the prelims are broadcast on Showtime Extreme.

Two - three years ago that was not the case.

ZUFFA's at least made the women the main event on these shows this year.

I had no idea about the Showtime Extreme stuff. I don't have Showtime anymore, so will need to go watch it at someone's house. I was pissed when I saw that Meisha Tate was fighting, but wouldn't be on tv. Now I can calm down a bit.

Buffalo Wild Wings shows the Strikeforce fights if you have one by you. You can just sit at the bar and watch them and just get a soda or something if you don't want to eat and spend a lot of money.

Not sure if they show prelims on Showtime Extreme though.

Last edited:
That's kind of why I love it. Some of it is so absurd and outlandish that I keep coming back for more.

Guys, just so you know, Cassius Clay he formed that whole Muhammed Ali persona as well. He based his public persona off of either Gorgeous George or Freddie Blassie, a pro wrestler.

Sonnen is smart because this is what people want. People don't want sport, they want SPECTACLE! They want good guy vs. bad guy. They want an escape.

And Sonnen is also smart because everyone is hanging on his every word whenever he makes an edgy, risque Tweet. When he called Jon Jones a dork and said he'd steal his belt like stealing a kid's halloween candy, everyone went nuts.

MMA fans and MMA media are marks and eat out of the palms of the hand of guys like Sonnen.

Rousey is also a genius because she gets it too. No one cared that she was one of the few Americans to medal in Olympic judo it's when she nicknamed herself after Rowdy Piper and became the arm collector that people started giving her more attention.

And there is nothing wrong with this. It's fun and it brings in more viewers and interest. We can get the sport and the spectacle together at the end of day. I say just enjoy and don't take all this too seriously. Sonnen clearly isn't, he's just trying to get paid.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Last edited:
Sonnen truly is talking his way into big paydays. I will be pissed, though, if he manages to talk his way into a LHW title shot IF he beats Forrest.

Yeah, Sonnen is already starting that campaign and he will get the title shot too. He's the only guy that is really marketable in the LHW division now. Everyone is soon to be beaten, although I hope Hendo comes through with an H-bomb. But yeah, I think if Sonnen beats Forrest, which he probably will, he'll get the title shot. I can't be mad at it either. Who else is there?!

Why? It would be a fun fight and fresh match-up for Jones. I doubt he'd get a title shot after just one win at light heavyweight either.

Let's say he beats Griffin, why not have him face say the winner of Gustafsson/Shogun to get a title shot? Wouldn't be so bad.

:yay::hrt:
582822_10151141329144382_1348779495_n.jpg

Kaufman is about to get murdered. I feel sorry for her already.

And Kaufman is victim #6.

Also, Rousey called out Cyborg after the fight. That's who Rousey wants next.

nice edit brainchild ate your words? lol

damn ronda made that way too easy i have never seen a fighter make 2 former champs look like such amateurs with only 6 fights lol

fight did'nt even go 1 minute

lol I don't know what you're talking about :ninja:Yeah I thought she was gonna get K.O.ed but I was wrong as hell. Her takedowns & armbars are unstoppable. Good win.

Where the hell is Tara Larosa?

Size and reach played a huge part. Like one journalist said Kaufman was able to powerbomb out of an armbar attempt before I mean . . . did you see who Kaufman actually did that too compared to Rousey and Marloes Coenen? Those gals are freaking built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"