Official UFC Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overeem is out of the Dos Santos fight with injury.

Hunt has said he’d take the fight if offered.

That could be a potential upset right there.

Sighs... injuries. 2012 was plagued with them. I just hope Aldo-Pettis goes off smoothly.

Overeem just doesn't have his horse meat anymore. He really isn't doing the UFC any favors.

LOL, GSP and Diaz were going at it today on the UFC 158 conference call. GSP called Diaz uneducated and said he speaks English better than Diaz. Diaz called GSP a "pampered mother *blank*."

Yeah, it was awesome! WAR DIAZ! Can't wait to watch this fight.

Diaz has not had marijuana for weeks and he's got withdrawal hate force!

That Conference Call was hard to understand, Diaz just talked the most amount of random bollocks I've ever heard. GSP actually says to him several times he doesn't understand what he is waffling on about & encourages Diaz to listen to himself.

Anyway, good, I hope they nearly fight at the weigh ins & I hope GSP does what he is capable of & absolutely obliterates Diaz & makes an example of him.

GSP is gonna get KNOCKED! Don't know what you're talking about.

Diaz has nothing but mean mugs and **** talk for GSP. He's going to get killed because GSP is far and away better at everything that Diaz does besides offensive submissions. It's MMA, anything can happen, but Diaz has been a big fish in a small pond for a while GSP is one of the best fighters of all time.

Diaz has nothing but mean mugs and **** talk for GSP. He's going to get killed because GSP is far and away better at everything that Diaz does besides offensive submissions. It's MMA, anything can happen, but Diaz has been a big fish in a small pond for a while GSP is one of the best fighters of all time.

Ehhhhhh. I'm not a big fan of Diaz, but you'd be lying if you gave GSP the stand up edge. Diaz has great boxing. His BJJ ain't too shabby either.

GSP couldn't finish Dan Hardy. GSP doesn't like getting hit and Diaz is going to hit him. Alot. Diaz is active as all hell off his back, he's not going to just lay there. Could GSP hold him down for 25 minutes? Sure. But I think Diaz is going to put the hurt on him and finish GSP.

^go watch ben henderson vs nate daiz

same exact thing will happen

Ehhhhhh. I'm not a big fan of Diaz, but you'd be lying if you gave GSP the stand up edge. Diaz has great boxing. His BJJ ain't too shabby either.

Diaz has no boxing at all. He just throws a lot of punches and has a great chin to beat a bunch of mediocre strikers and guys who gas quickly like BJ and Daley. The guy has literally no footwork, no head movement, and his only game plan is to walk toward the other guy and throw punches. GSP on the other hand has great footwork, he has a damn good jab that's going to shut down Diaz all night, and on top of that he has a lot better defense than Nick. Nick couldn't deal with Condit throwing multiple strikes and moving, and unlike BJ and Daley GSP is not going to gas because he's better conditioned and much smarter than that.

On the ground Diaz is good. There's no doubt that he's no joke there, but neither is GSP. GSP has one of the best top games in MMA regardless of whether or not he gets finishes. The guy works out things to a T, and I don't see him getting caught by Diaz there. It's possible, but GSP knows how to stay out of subs.

Also it's funny how it was brought up a few posts above that GSP couldn't finish Hardy. All Hardy did was lay on his back and defend the whole time, but even then it's no big deal. Going by that logic Diaz couldn't beat Condit, or Karo, or Sherk, and GSP beat them all without any doubt.

In before "1,2,5...":whatever:

HAHA! GSP couldn't even finish a proper armbar or kimura on Hardy who literally has NO GROUND GAME! Meanwhile, GSP has a black belt in BJJ. If all Hardy did was lay on his back and defend, GSP should have finished him. I mean, the dude literally had Hardy on the ground for basically all of 25 minutes. GSP was getting busted up on the feet by JAKE SHIELDS! Go and watch that fight, go ahead, I'll wait. Tell me whose face looks worse at the end of it. Diaz has no good footwork or head movement?! You're CRAZY! He has some of the best slips and counters in MMA.

Yeah, GSP has a good jab. But he's so scared of the counter, that the jab is all he throws. Jab, jab, jab, jab. Throw a cross and hook in there! If GSP did that, he would have finished Koscheck inside that first round.

Being realistic, of coarse, GSP is gonna win this fight. But by 25 minutes of working a conservative top game. He isn't going in there to stand up with Diaz. If you think he is, you're crazy. Granted, I do wish Diaz had better takedown defense, but he really doesn't evolve that part of his game, because he's a killer on the ground.

GSP will stand with Diaz. He's going to jab him in the face a lot, but he's going to stand with him for two reasons.

1. Diaz has no defense whatsoever, and he'll be an easy target on the feet.

2. Diaz will have a good enough ground game to warrant that GSP stand with him to score some points that way. It might not be the whole fight because GSP likes to mix it up, but he'll stand with Diaz a good amount of the time. Hell he stood with Condit a lot instead of just shooting in for the takedown right away, and he got the better of Condit on the feet outside of that sick kick that Condit landed in the third. GSP will stand with Diaz at least 40% of the time and outclass Diaz on the feet. He even has longer reach than Diaz too, so it's not like he won't be able to get in his range.

Diaz's wrestling and takedown defense is terrible and it's always been terrible.

Carlos Condit's biggest weakness is his takedown defense and that is GSP's whole world. GSP will win.

GSP is an underrated striker. He's lightning fast and has great technique.

Hunt by knockout. And then the title shot! If Velasquez still holds the belt, which he will, he will beat Hunt though.

EDIT: I wonder why Dana was saying that Hunt turned the fight down though?!

Because he or his management probably did. And then Hunt heard the news and probably changed his mind. Who knows. And really who cares?

We got the fight. Now I hope it just stays intact. Hunt is pushing 40 and pretty injury prone.

Guys turn down fights. Whatever, it's part of the business. Shogun turned down a fight with Teixeira which IMHO was probably a good move because looking at how lazy he's gotten, he would've gotten murdered. He had trouble dealing with Brandon Vera who he beat, but not before Vera still was able to bust him up.

Hunt was the one that said after Fuel TV 8 he wanted to fight again soon since he took over a year off.

Hunt vs. JDS is the next best thing since he's still a good striker. I think JDS will win though. Hunt's cardio hasn't been good because he's old, and I don't think he'll be able to keep up with JDS' speed. Time will tell, and Hunt is on a damn good streak right now.

Diaz has no boxing at all. He just throws a lot of punches and has a great chin to beat a bunch of mediocre strikers and guys who gas quickly like BJ and Daley. The guy has literally no footwork, no head movement, and his only game plan is to walk toward the other guy and throw punches. GSP on the other hand has great footwork, he has a damn good jab that's going to shut down Diaz all night, and on top of that he has a lot better defense than Nick. Nick couldn't deal with Condit throwing multiple strikes and moving, and unlike BJ and Daley GSP is not going to gas because he's better conditioned and much smarter than that.

On the ground Diaz is good. There's no doubt that he's no joke there, but neither is GSP. GSP has one of the best top games in MMA regardless of whether or not he gets finishes. The guy works out things to a T, and I don't see him getting caught by Diaz there. It's possible, but GSP knows how to stay out of subs.

Also it's funny how it was brought up a few posts above that GSP couldn't finish Hardy. All Hardy did was lay on his back and defend the whole time, but even then it's no big deal. Going by that logic Diaz couldn't beat Condit, or Karo, or Sherk, and GSP beat them all without any doubt.

In before "1,2,5...":whatever:

That's The Diaz way though. It's not that Nick and Nate can't (they do possess good movement) -- it's the Diaz machismo that gets in the way of the Diaz Bros undertaking a 'smart' [aka technical] fight, and winning a major title. Don't underestimate their style. They've caught fighters like Bendo, Gomi, Cerrone, Penn, Condit, MacDonald, Guillard, etc with numerous clean chin and body shots. They can throw punches in bunches and not tire as fast as most other fighters. It's arrogance that holds back The Diaz Bros, not their skillset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"