Comics Official X-FORCE Discussion Thread - Part 1

UncannyX-Force01RonGarneyVariant.png

Bwahahahaha, and then he'll be going to jaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiilllllllllll.

Spiral looks a little too happy on that cover. I wonder how Betsy will react to being on the same team as her given their history. It seems as if they are bound to have an inevitable fight at some point\

Not feeling Storm's hair but digging the costume. Id love it if this became her new default look instead of the Davis design. Ditto on Psylocke, who's been long overdue a new costume. Unlike the last series, I hope this new costume makes its appearance outside of simply this title with the bathing suit being retired, at least for now

Not feeling Storm's hair but digging the costume. Id love it if this became her new default look instead of the Davis design. Ditto on Psylocke, who's been long overdue a new costume. Unlike the last series, I hope this new costume makes its appearance outside of simply this title with the bathing suit being retired, at least for now

Totally agree. As much as my horny 15-year old self loved that look, my matured 31-year old self rolls my eyes at it. I like the idea of her having a suit more like a ninja outfit. It makes more sense and fits her character. This isn't the 90s TnA era anymore.

I just hope that if this is supposed to be Storm's new look, hair and all, that it's reflected in all the other books. Not that I liked the Astonishing look, but Bianchi was the only one to use her all white, African goddess look that it eventually was forgetten.

The Bianchi design was terrible though so in glad it was short lived. Thankfully it looks like I got my wish as the first image of Copiel's X-men was released today and both women are sporting their new looks

Spiral looks a little too happy on that cover. I wonder how Betsy will react to being on the same team as her given their history. It seems as if they are bound to have an inevitable fight at some point\

Totally agree. As much as my horny 15-year old self loved that look, my matured 31-year old self rolls my eyes at it. I like the idea of her having a suit more like a ninja outfit. It makes more sense and fits her character. This isn't the 90s TnA era anymore.

I just hope that if this is supposed to be Storm's new look, hair and all, that it's reflected in all the other books. Not that I liked the Astonishing look, but Bianchi was the only one to use her all white, African goddess look that it eventually was forgetten.

Alonso, I think, said back when the mohawk returned that eventually her new look would roll over into all the other books with time.

Good. I hate the lack of continuity when characters look drastically different from book to book and it goes unacknowledged

So it seems that Ororo and Betsy are now on TWO female-centric teams...

UXFORCE2013004covV3.jpg

UNCANNY X-FORCE #4
SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • RON GARNEY (A)
Cover by KRIS ANKA
Variant Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
• The first arc comes to a crazy climactic end!
• What have Fantomex and Cluster been up to while Bishop has been killing the rest of X-Force?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

CABLEXF007covcol_Edit.jpg

CABLE AND X-FORCE #7
DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
MANY ARMORS OF IRON MAN VARIANT BY Dale Eaglesham and Val Staples
• Cyclops comes face-to-face with his son Cable.
• Colossus isn't faring well in prison.
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

Fantomex is back? I thought he was dead. When was he resurrected. And that girl's name is Cluster? Wasnt that Fantomex's name? Who is she?

Fantomex is back? I thought he was dead. When was he resurrected. And that girl's name is Cluster? Wasnt that Fantomex's name? Who is she?

In the last issue of UXF, they took his body to a machine he had to clone him back to life, but the fact that he actually had three brains was read wrong by the computer in the machine, so it cloned three new bodies. One just kinda like the snarky original, going by just Fantomex, one for his darker side with a inverted color uniform going by Jean-Phillippe, and one for his "good and noble" side that also happens to be female, known as Cluster.

prv14916_cov.jpg

prv14916_pg1.jpg

prv14916_pg2.jpg

prv14916_pg3.jpg

prv14916_pg4.jpg

prv14916_pg5.jpg

prv14916_pg6.jpg

prv14916_pg7.jpg

UNCANNY X-FORCE #1
Sam Humphries (W) • Ron Garney (A)
Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
Variant Cover by RON GARNEY
design variant by Kris Anka
Blank Cover Also Available
Young Baby Variant by SKOTTIE YOUNG
THE DARKEST CORNERS OF THE MUTANT UNIVERSE: EXPOSED! The X-Men: sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them. UNCANNY X-FORCE: charged to deal with situations the X-Men fear and hate! Psylocke and Storm lead a new team of outcasts and scoundrels, including fan-favorite Puck, the villainous Spiral, and the mysterious Cluster. The first adversary to strike out from the darkness? X-legend BISHOP!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

That first line that Psylocke says, was the writer watching Pulp Fiction at the time he was writing that?

Haha appears that way doesnt it.

Art looks good.:up:

Loved the first issue of UXF. Betsy's goen crazy! Books gonna get down and dirty.

In the last issue of UXF, they took his body to a machine he had to clone him back to life, but the fact that he actually had three brains was read wrong by the computer in the machine, so it cloned three new bodies. One just kinda like the snarky original, going by just Fantomex, one for his darker side with a inverted color uniform going by Jean-Phillippe, and one for his "good and noble" side that also happens to be female, known as Cluster.
Ugh! I hated Fantomex. The last thing I wanted was three of them. I just read the end of UXF and didnt like that revelation.

Whats even more bizarre is that it seems [blackout]Fantomex is having a sexual relationship with his clone. WTF?!?! Thats the most incestuous pairing since X-man and Madelyne. I really hope that kiss is the extent of how far that relationship has gone[/blackout]

I don't really see Fantomex, Jean-Paul, and Cluster as clones, as much as siblings. Fantomex had 3 brains, each a unique "personality," and when they separated I saw it as three siblings... each brain could finally act on their own. It was wierd, especially since Remender wouldn't be able to follow up on it, but I was cool to see how it went. Then when I saw the little revelation in Uncanny X-Force I was just like... uh... what?

So yeah, that sorta turned me off of the book for a while. I'll stick with it to see where it goes but I didn't get a good taste in my mouth with that reveal.

I don't really see Fantomex, Jean-Paul, and Cluster as clones, as much as siblings. Fantomex had 3 brains, each a unique "personality," and when they separated I saw it as three siblings... each brain could finally act on their own. It was wierd, especially since Remender wouldn't be able to follow up on it, but I was cool to see how it went. Then when I saw the little revelation in Uncanny X-Force I was just like... uh... what?

So yeah, that sorta turned me off of the book for a while. I'll stick with it to see where it goes but I didn't get a good taste in my mouth with that reveal.
same difference. EVA described them as clones when they were introduced. Clones are genetic twins, hence genetically, they'd be closest to siblings. In any case, [BLACKOUT]being sexually involved with your "sibling" is just as gross as your clone. I dont think categorizing them as siblings makes it any less incestuous[/BLACKOUT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"