Comics Official X-MEN: LEGACY Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that covers beautiful.
has me more interested in the style.

is that gonna be the regular coulourer on X-men?
Never normally a fan of Bachelos work oat all, but on reflection.. with the right colourist it could be good.

Yeah that art is quite impressive.

So for clarification on my part...when is Milligan's last issue?! I need this new creative team NOW!

Specter313 said:
Still, the reason why I created these official threads, and why I let everyone vote on whether or not to create them, is so that we wouldn't have a new thread for every single piece of upcoming artwork or whatever that comes out. If you want to bring up something like that, copy the art, and say what you want to say in the official thread for that title.

Here it is, 8 hours later, and still no one really talking about the subject matter of the cover art (X-Men #190).... What a jip.

There are plenty of topics in this forum that are generalized questions, yet all conform to the same thing... X-Men comics. And if asking a general question in a more broader thread is the thing to, why not have one mega-thread called "X-Men" and everyone ask their questions there if that's the case.

And although I don't believe you're singling me out, the fact that my specific question is asked about the impending relationship between Iceman and Mystique is placed in a topic that generalizes the upcoming X-Men issues is ridiculous. That's like me asking "Do you think Rogue & Gambit will get back together, now that he's a horseman" and putting it in this thread... It just doesn't make sense. If my thread was deleted because you wanted credit for posting the cover first, then please step up to the plate and say so.... I copied it from elsewhere before I came into this forum.

Nonetheless, I'm sure this cover will be lost amongst the many multiple pages of generalized questions and meaningless ramblings in the next few days and weeks, and it'll be forgotten about... What a shame. :( :down

ProfeZZor X said:
Here it is, 8 hours later, and still no one really talking about the subject matter of the cover art (X-Men #190).... What a jip.

There are plenty of topics in this forum that are generalized questions, yet all conform to the same thing... X-Men comics. And if asking a general question in a more broader thread is the thing to, why not have one mega-thread called "X-Men" and everyone ask their questions there if that's the case.

And although I don't believe you're singling me out, the fact that my specific question is asked about the impending relationship between Iceman and Mystique is placed in a topic that generalizes the upcoming X-Men issues is ridiculous. That's like me asking "Do you think Rogue & Gambit will get back together, now that he's a horseman" and putting it in this thread... It just doesn't make sense. If my thread was deleted because you wanted credit for posting the cover first, then please step up to the plate and say so.... I copied it from elsewhere before I came into this forum.

Nonetheless, I'm sure this cover will be lost amongst the many multiple pages of generalized questions and meaningless ramblings in the next few days and weeks, and it'll be forgotten about... What a shame. :( :down

This has nothing to do with "who posted first" or singling you out. If anyone else did anything similar, I'd say the same thing, and the mods would probably close it too.

Did you ever think that not that many people are even that interested in what that cover meant? It's just as likely that your thread would have died a quick death even if it was kept open. And no one's probably talking about it here because no one brought up what you did either.

These threads for each ongoing X title are meant to be anything BUT a FYI or generalization thread. They're meant to have full discussions of what all is going on the title, past, present, and future, and not just say, "Oh, such and such happend" and "Oh, here's art for the upcoming issue", but to talk as fully as possible about them and not clutter up the board with multiple threads that essentially talk about the same things.

I never expected there to be a smooth transition into using these threads like that, and I'm surprised it went this long without having something like this happen. But again, this is why I put up a vote for these threads to be created, and pointed out specifically the stuff that would be included in them that shouldn't have extra threads made, and told people to include their ideas if they didn't like something that I put up. I have no idea if you voted yes or no, because I wanted the votes to be kept private so that should the idea pass, the ones that voted no wouldn't think that I was singling them out should they do continue to make separate threads in the future. So, if you felt this strongly, you probably could have gone ahead and said something to this effect in that thread, and I would have taken it into consideration, but neither you, nor anyone else, did, so I am just going by what was laid down then. If you don't like it now, there's not much to be done but try and make it so that your ideas are heard greater in these threads and not let them be such "generalization" threads like you think they are.

Specter313 said:
Did you ever think that not that many people are even that interested in what that cover meant? It's just as likely that your thread would have died a quick death even if it was kept open. And no one's probably talking about it here because no one brought up what you did either.
It's hard to say if anyone would comment on the subject matter, because it was closed two posts after it was opened. And the first post was yours on wanting to close it before it even got started. So that makes it pretty hard to find out if anyone really wanted to talk about it.

Specter313 said:
These threads for each ongoing X title are meant to be anything BUT a FYI or generalization thread. They're meant to have full discussions of what all is going on the title, past, present, and future, and not just say, "Oh, such and such happend" and "Oh, here's art for the upcoming issue", but to talk as fully as possible about them and not clutter up the board with multiple threads that essentially talk about the same things.
There are hundreds of things that have gone on in the past, present, and future of the X-Men. Most of them having little to no stimuli or contribution to the X-titles whatsoever. And how many character vs. character threads have you seen here? Those seem to go on for pages and pages of posters name calling, and heated debates, yet somehow in the scheme of it all, they're considered to be seperate from anything posted in this thread.

Specter313 said:
If you don't like it now, there's not much to be done but try and make it so that your ideas are heard greater in these threads and not let them be such "generalization" threads like you think they are.
The "idea"... My idea, was to ask what people thought of two completely different characters starting a tumultuous relationship with no real understanding or merit. Especially with Sabertooth being on the same team as them, already having a previous relationship with Raven... If that doesn't set my topic apart from anything else said in this thread, then I don't know what does.

ProfeZZor X said:
There are hundreds of things that have gone on in the past, present, and future of the X-Men. Most of them having little to no stimuli or contribution to the X-titles whatsoever. And how many character vs. character threads have you seen here? Those seem to go on for pages and pages of posters name calling, and heated debates, yet somehow in the scheme of it all, they're considered to be seperate from anything posted in this thread.

I'm not talking about the X-Men overall. I'm talking about this ONE X-Men title. Just look at the first post. Anything that falls under this title should be discussed in this thread.

ProfeZZor X said:
The "idea"... My idea, was to ask what people thought of two completely different characters starting a tumultuous relationship with no real understanding or merit. Especially with Sabertooth being on the same team as them, already having a previous relationship with Raven... If that doesn't set my topic apart from anything else said in this thread, then I don't know what does.

But it still falls under this title, so no, it doesn't really set it apart from anything else in this thread. Hence, the reason it should be talked about in this thread and not have its own.

Specter313 said:
XMEM190COVER_400.jpg

X-MEN #190
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
“SUPERNOVAS”
Northstar and Aurora are back! Awoken by a mysterious new threat, the twins have been let loose in the Xavier Mansion, leaving a path way of destruction and death. Their mission: Kill Sabretooth! Part 3 (of 6)!
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

I am really impressed by this cover. The art is great. Mystique and Iceman? :eek:

I still don't know what "off topic" things we've been talking about?

Covers are known to be misleading. It might not mean anything. Wait until you have the issue on your hands to say they're in a relationship, Prof, it might not be anything like that. The art is astounding thoug, Bachalo's improving a lot.

Neptune said:
I am really impressed by this cover. The art is great. Mystique and Iceman? :eek:
Hee! I think it's about time Iceman got laid. Maybe he'll regain his sense of humor. :p

squeekness said:
Hee! I think it's about time Iceman got laid. Maybe he'll regain his sense of humor. :p

If anything, he needs to lose it. I, for one am tired of him being the class clown and background character in almost every issue of any X-book. Maybe this relationship will strengthen his personality and build confidence with his abilities. Maybe Raven will give him a little "tough love". Who knows what'll happen. All we can do at this point is speculate.

Although with Creed and Rogue being on the same team, of course this will pose a problem and add some serious tension amongst the four of them.

I actually enjoyed XFactor quite a bit when Mytique/Sabes/and Wild Child were on the team. I liked the tension and the bickering, it made them seem more human.

As for ole Iceman, he's always been funny and for him not to be is him out of character. He doesn't seem like the Bobby I had grown to love. :)

squeekness said:
I actually enjoyed XFactor quite a bit when Mytique/Sabes/and Wild Child were on the team. I liked the tension and the bickering, it made them seem more human.

As for ole Iceman, he's always been funny and for him not to be is him out of character. He doesn't seem like the Bobby I had grown to love. :)

That's the whole point of Casey's run. Too many of us hardcore Iceman fans were complaining about how he's (Iceman) been perceived over the years, being a background character, and not being or taken seriously. He is in serious need of a personality makeover, and his powers should reflect that. After all, after Emma turned his powers back on, and they were still a little screwy, Milligan never mentioned it again. It's things like that - that bug me about writers. Even when he went through that secondary mutation, Milligan never mentioned anything more about it, other than converting him, and that was the end of it. You'd think that Milligan would have shown the human side of him by doing a story on the flesh to ice transformation. Hell, if you were permanently turning into ice, wouldn't you be stressed?... Personally, I'm glad Miilligan is gone. He contributed nothing to the character.

And out of the entire team - all teams for that matter, he's had the most potential with his abilities, but writer after writer has pushed him aside to focus on everyone else. And now is a perfect opportunity for Casey to give this character justice, and a sharper edge (no pun intended). Casey's said it himself in one of his interviews that Iceman has the most unlimited potential of all characters, and he plans on doing something about it in his run. Besides that, he's putting him in a relationship, so we'll see how that turns out.

Yeah, I am looking forward to anything that was better than the Horseman arc. I am ready to read some good writing and I hope things get better. I don't see how they could get any worse. My poor beloved Gambit...:(

Xplicit Content said:
I wonder if Mystique's tongue got stuck like in "A Christmas Story"...heh.
Bwahahahah!!!! Cute. ;)

Xplicit Content said:
I wonder if Mystique's tongue got stuck like in "A Christmas Story"...heh.

For all we know, he could be partially in his flesh form. But at least he looks a lot better than in past issues. I've always admired the spikey/rock-like look on him. Romita Jr. was the last person to do it I believe (Uncanny #302/ Colossus Unleashed).

I also have a theory on the situation on that cover. Maybe he saved her life, and in the process was knocked out or became exhausted, so she craddled him into her arms and kissed him as a reward. And like one of the other members here mentioned, it may not be what it appears to be.

ProfeZZor X said:
If anything, he needs to lose it. I, for one am tired of him being the class clown and background character in almost every issue of any X-book. Maybe this relationship will strengthen his personality and build confidence with his abilities. Maybe Raven will give him a little "tough love". Who knows what'll happen. All we can do at this point is speculate.

Although with Creed and Rogue being on the same team, of course this will pose a problem and add some serious tension amongst the four of them.

Hey, Human Torch is still the team goofball and has a ton of confidence as well. Not to mention, he uses his powers wisely unlike Bobby"throw ice at 'em" Drake.

Eh, I myself think Iceman should be retired for a while. They tried way too many convoluted things with him in the last few years. I think a rest would do him good.

Harlekin said:
Eh, I myself think Iceman should be retired for a while. They tried way too many convoluted things with him in the last few years. I think a rest would do him good.

The same thing could be said about Wolverine Cyclops and Storm. If each of them have been simutaneously in every Marvel comic on the shelf (New Avengers, New X-Men, Black Panther), then they must be tired too... So why don't we just retire them as well. :mad:

At least with Iceman, Casey could give him a new start on life. And since nothing has really been done with him for so long, this could be a great opportunity to do some memorable things with his powers and persona to boost his repect level. For both comic readers, and the characters he interacts with in the comics itself.

Before seeing what they have in store for Rogue and her powers, I would have suggested a little vacation for her too.

ProfeZZor X said:
The same thing could be said about Wolverine Cyclops and Storm. If each of them have been simutaneously in every Marvel comic on the shelf (New Avengers, New X-Men, Black Panther), then they must be tired too... So why don't we just retire them as well. :mad:
A) I think they should retire Wolverine.
B) I hate Storm, so yes, retirement would be great.
C) Cycke was usually handled by capable writers, unlike Iceman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"