The Dark Knight OPINIONS...LEARN TO RESPECT THEM (Every Batboard poster read this!)

As have I, and it will be handled. Unfortunately, like I said, it will seem like we will be doing it to the positive people a lot more as there are a lot more of you, many of whom do not know how to be civil.

This I understand. I've never had a problem being civil on these boards. I just was saying I hope this does not become one sided. But thanks for the answer.

No I did not mean a people with just a different opinion. Some seem to use that plea and from many posts I've read of their history I know they do it just to get under people's skin. The people I'm talking about still lurk around. I guess what I'm saying i some people with "different opinions" use that plea when they are really trying to stir the pot.

Best way to put it, I hope the uncivil reguardless of opinion will be taken care of. Because I've seen uncivil on both sides just as much on the other.

It'll cut both ways, i know the poster you are talking about, I think what a lot need to do is not let him get under your skins, he's just not worth it.

It'll cut both ways, i know the poster you are talking about, I think what a lot need to do is not let him get under your skins, he's just not worth it.

You always make clear calm sense Hunter. But I understand what you guys want. So no worries.

I'm reposting this from the Batsuit discussion thread because it seems relevant:

All these differing opinions almost always boil to something ugly because no one really accepts the validity of the other's viewpoint. The popular majority thinks they are right because, well, they are the majority. The unpopular minority thinks they are more demanding, intelligent and have better, more sophisticated tastes than the "Nolanite sheeps". I mean, it is downright impossible for many posters around here to properly grasp the fact that there is possibility of people genuinely liking or disliking something without being conformist lemmings or holding deep-seeded biases towards certain films or filmmakers.

I mean, if you hate Heath's interpretation of The Joker, then it must mean you've got a hard-on for Burton. Like the fight scenes in Begins? How is that taste of sucking off Nolan? Well...you get the idea.

Not like that at all, nowhere in this thread did Matt say you can't put a counter point to another point, just do it without flaming the person, personally if someone made a post like you just mentioned I'd not even waste my time typing out a response.

Matches Malone made that very point at BOF and he's a darn moderator over there. Talk about the nuts running the nuthouse at BOF. The funny thing is the owner is the most ardent supporter of Nolan yet he has a bunch of nitpicking, glass half-empty types moderating the forums.

I'm reposting this from the Batsuit discussion thread because it seems relevant:

All these differing opinions almost always boil to something ugly because no one really accepts the validity of the other's viewpoint. The popular majority thinks they are right because, well, they are the majority. The unpopular minority thinks they are more demanding, intelligent and have better, more sophisticated tastes than the "Nolanite sheeps". I mean, it is downright impossible for many posters around here to properly grasp the fact that there is possibility of people genuinely liking or disliking something without being conformist lemmings or holding deep-seeded biases towards certain films or filmmakers.

I mean, if you hate Heath's interpretation of The Joker, then it must mean you've got a hard-on for Burton. Like the fight scenes in Begins? How is that taste of sucking off Nolan? Well...you get the idea.

Very well said. It does seem to be like this on both sides. But very well said :up:

Love your avy by the way. Reminds me of TLH.

It seems to be from TLH I meant to say, but with animation. lol

All this goodwill in thiss forum looks more out of place than the regular hatespeeches that fill this forum up. :(

You guys deserve medals, except Lee. That old **** needs to retire. :p

I did retire......but everytime I think I'm out.....they pull me back in.

Oh dear.

This happens all the time in Hype Community, but because the Mods have there favorites it get ignored, deny it all you like but the mods do have the favorites, posyters who getaway with what they like. Ganging up on posters happens and mods turn a blind eye because they like that poster.

Only a few weeks ago a gay person on the hype (who's name escapes me) showed a picture of himself dressed rather camp, to which Brutal asked 'oh your oneof those are you' to say the person was offended isa understatement yet brutal continued.

Did brutal get banned, probation? no of course he dident. There's 3 sets of people on here the mods, there favorite posters like mee, brutal, Bella, (i have nothing against them but theyare favoured) and theres the unfavoured poster, myself Asteroid man.

It's the way the hype is. and its a shame. you think this post is off topic but what i'm saying is the mods have the power to ban, probate use it with equal use to everyone. Forget who your freiends are for a moment when you see a bad post, if the bad post by a friend treat them as equally as you would someone who is not.

Sadly this is seldom the case though i'm sure i'll get the 'we treat people on a case to case basis' this is not true. The only fair mod i see is HR, more mods should be like him, because at the moment thisthread is pointless, becauseaslong as a poster isa favorite, there going nowhere, they know that, so post what they like.

Matt, thanks for doing this. It's been much needed for a LONG time.

In truth: I like this place.

Why? Well, I am from another forum, which I'll keep anonymous. There, I was browsing through a thread about TDK. I read, I peed myself, and I searched more and more for info on where the viral was at the time. Eventually I found this place and I had funny urges to chat amongst other Bat-fans.

Anyways, at my past forum, it is hell. Admins and moderators there are complete asses. If you were to go against the majority belief, you were attacked and more than likely, the admins would attack you as well. They put their own opinion and such into their priviledge. I am even led to believe they abuse that priviledge. And I'm not even the bad person.

Most act on sudden instinct. Although most actions taken make sense, they are all friends, they are all one, and when that one moderator tries to act as if he woke on the wrong side of the thread and try to establish your ground, the others will notice.

Basically, the people in charge here are great. You do not base your decisions on bias or anything. Although I have not been here long or participated much, everything seems okey-dokey. It's great that my enjoyment of Batman can be safely shared with fellow comrades.

Oh dear.

This happens all the time in Hype Community, but because the Mods have there favorites it get ignored, deny it all you like but the mods do have the favorites, posyters who getaway with what they like. Ganging up on posters happens and mods turn a blind eye because they like that poster.

Only a few weeks ago a gay person on the hype (who's name escapes me) showed a picture of himself dressed rather camp, to which Brutal asked 'oh your oneof those are you' to say the person was offended isa understatement yet brutal continued.

Did brutal get banned, probation? no of course he dident. There's 3 sets of people on here the mods, there favorite posters like mee, brutal, Bella, (i have nothing against them but theyare favoured) and theres the unfavoured poster, myself Asteroid man.

It's the way the hype is. and its a shame. you think this post is off topic but what i'm saying is the mods have the power to ban, probate use it with equal use to everyone. Forget who your freiends are for a moment when you see a bad post, if the bad post by a friend treat them as equally as you would someone who is not.

Sadly this is seldom the case though i'm sure i'll get the 'we treat people on a case to case basis' this is not true. The only fair mod i see is HR, more mods should be like him, because at the moment thisthread is pointless, becauseaslong as a poster isa favorite, there going nowhere, they know that, so post what they like.

Well, I don't frequent this forum, except to moderate it, so I doubt you'll have that problem with me as I do not have favorites here.

Though, it seems you are pretty much whining for the sake of it.

Why wasn't Brutal punished? I dunno, I didn't see the post in question but I'd guess it was because the poster went ahead and posted his picture. When you do that you accept the risk that a few *******s are going to make fun of you. Such is the internet. When you put yourself out there, you acknowledge and accept the risk.

I've read over your infraction and probation record, and you aren't "singled out" or "picked on." You break the rules and you get punished. Plain and simple. You mention Brutal and Bella as our "favorites". Brutal has had more probations than practically anyone on the Hype. Why hasn't he been banned? Simple, nothing he does is ban worthy. Simply probation worthy. As for Bella, Bella has never once stepped out of line on the Hype and I challenge you to find one post that says otherwise. Sure, we miss some things, but it has nothing to do with playing favorites. It has to do with us being human. You are simply so obnoxious and whiney it is easier to find your rule breaking posts as you are usually making a spectacle of them. :yay:

.......did I really just get a warning for "insobordination"?

So ok. I'll play ball.

Suppose someone comes onto the forum and says the most rediculous stuff we've ever heard.

Example:

(Taken from an actual post)

"A hair was out of place on Bale's head!"

I kid, I kid.

How about: "Bale's head in the new cowl! The Bat-Egg!".

What's a SHH Poster to do?
Report him? Just agree with him and defeat actual opinion?

Maybe instead of dropping a "probation" hammer you could try some positive re-enforcement? Suggesting ways to deal with such comments? Obviously, they'll need to be addressed as there is no real "minority". There's about a 60% to 40% siding. That's not too much of a difference and some people like me (who stand middle ground on a lot of things).

What's a way to handle these problems? Obviously fighting fire with fire won't work.

Saying, "No I think the hair is not misplaced on Bale's head. It is merely a refraction of the light on the lens which was discolored during color correction in post production resulting in a distorted part of the image."

Maybe some tips in handling this will be the best way to go about it?

(This is all honest and sincere, no sarcasm. What would u like us "to do" as opposed to what "not to do".)

- Jow

I see no problem disagreeing with the person you described above, and I see no problem in saying that you disagree with them after quoting them....

BUT, within your disagreeing post, if there is namecalling, flaming, etc....then yeah, you are going to get an infraction, probation....depending on the level of the offense......

But, as we all know on these boards....people's opinions tend to get VERY PASSIONATE, and they sometimes tend to take things of a disagreeing nature personally......THAT is when the problems begin...

The person you described above Jow, simply needs to be ignored....I mean............why would you even respect the post enough to even quote it?????

Debate all ya want, but really.......what is debate worthy in what the person posted? absolutely nothing......why would you stoop to that level of intelligence......???? Ignore it and move on to a more worthy debate and discussion.

Bottomline is this.....debate and discuss to your heart's content.....post, and before replying read your post.........take out the namecalling, flaming, etc.....and then hit "submit reply"....

#1. Makes your reply in the debate much more worthy of an intelligent retort...
#2. Keeps you out of trouble....

Seems pretty simple to me.

Well that's enlightened me, let's all go have pie.

Well, I don't frequent this forum, except to moderate it, so I doubt you'll have that problem with me as I do not have favorites here.

Though, it seems you are pretty much whining for the sake of it.

Why wasn't Brutal punished? I dunno, I didn't see the post in question but I'd guess it was because the poster went ahead and posted his picture. When you do that you accept the risk that a few *******s are going to make fun of you. Such is the internet. When you put yourself out there, you acknowledge and accept the risk.

I've read over your infraction and probation record, and you aren't "singled out" or "picked on." You break the rules and you get punished. Plain and simple. You mention Brutal and Bella as our "favorites". Brutal has had more probations than practically anyone on the Hype. Why hasn't he been banned? Simple, nothing he does is ban worthy. Simply probation worthy. As for Bella, Bella has never once stepped out of line on the Hype and I challenge you to find one post that says otherwise. Sure, we miss some things, but it has nothing to do with playing favorites. It has to do with us being human. You are simply so obnoxious and whiney it is easier to find your rule breaking posts as you are usually making a spectacle of them. :yay:

Care to elaborate on that? show me some recent posts?

Care to elaborate on that? show me some recent posts?

Naaah, I better not. I could...but why stoop to your level and drive this thread further off topic. Either play by the rules or leave TDK.

Good thread, Matt :up:

I don't think calling a poster 'obnoxious and whiney' fits into it very well though lol! :D

:)

Good thread, Matt :up:

I don't think calling a poster 'obnoxious and whiney' fits into it very well though lol! :D

:)

No, I suppose not...but when a poster get disciplined on a monthly basis for flipping out over little things and then calls us biased for it, I think we should be able to explain why he gets in trouble often :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"