Originally a different villain for S3? Huh?

that would have been interesting but i doubt it would make as much cash as spidey three will.

lol and they went for venom instead.... which isnt all bad but i think it could have been done much better.

? Much better with Vulture, not a chance- Avi was on the right track and led Raimi back onto the track... in a way, Avi helped make Spider-Man 3 the great film that it is. Because without Avi's introduction of the symbiote and Venom to Raimi (who didn't know anything about him at the time), the whole revenge story know actually makes sense.

Imagine Spider-Man seeking revenge, without the symbiote! To me, that would have been on par with killing Xavier and Cyclops. There's just some things that seem out of character and Spidey seeking revenge like a caped crusader is one of them. On the other hand, integrate the symbiote into the whole thing and bring Venom along for the ride- you've got a Peter story that actually makes sense and isn't a deriaviation from the story and character.

Although I find the character to be extremely lame, Kingsley is perfect for the role! Just about as perfect as THC as Sandman. Outside of Venom, Raimi has done a superb job of casting the villains, IMO. I'm relieved to hear that Raimi was planning to use 2 and 1/2 villains all along. I had initially thought that the plan was just to use Sandman and the New Goblin and that Raimi was essentially pushed into sticking in Venom. But I like how Venom is just basically replacing Vulture. Plus, from what I've read, it appears that Raimi was going with the revenge theme all along, with Vulture as one of the villains(revenge for being put into prison by Spider-Man). It makes much more sense to use Venom incorporated into the film if this is the theme being used rather than Vulture. I don't feel Vulture's story should be about revenge against Spider-Man. It looks like it worked out well in the end.

patrick stewart could have done a good vulture too. i mean him and ben kingsly look pretty similar. heck when i was a kid i thought they were the same guy

They could link the Vulture to Uncle Ben and Aunt May in a sequel.They could say that when the Vulture was younger he was obsessed with Aunt May.And the Vulture and Uncle Ben got into a fight over her where Uncle Ben beat him up.

Then the cops come in and break up the fight where the Vulture pull out the cop's gun and fires it at Uncle Ben,but the cop grabs ahold of the gun before the Vulture fires it making the Vulture aim the gun in another direction and it fires killing someone else.

And the Vulture could be in prison all these years for manslaughter.And when he finally breaks out,he wants to get the girl he is obsessed with(Aunt May),and to kill Uncle Ben,blaming him for being in prison.

But when the Vulture finds out that Uncle Ben is dead,the Vulture decides to take his revenge on Uncle Ben's son(Peter).The son pays for the sins of the father.

Then instead of the villain taking MJ as a hostage,the villain would take Aunt May,and maybe this would be where Aunt May finds out that Peter is spidey.

wow
*claps*
horrible

horrible

edit-ok im gonna elaborate

1-wasnt harry ruined after doc ocks accident in sm2, he isnt exactly rich anymore is he? i could be wrong tho
2-i dont think may is over ben yet, why would she start canoodling with this guy
3-why is may at the final battle, and on top of that, there is no way they would ever, EVER, let a villain kill off aunt may in a movie, if she dies its gonna be natural, it only fits her character

It was a VERY loose concept, incomplete, of course. I thought it up off the top of my head. If I truely wanted to I could come up with a stronger idea. Heck, I've been thinking about creating a concept for the next film based off of the first three, but that would require:

1. My having seen film number three!
  2. And thinking about it.

I'm imagining it in my head right now not as a fan but as a moviegoer, and it's not awesome at all. I'm seeing an old man robbing a bank with papier-mâché wings, huffing and wheezing because he can't keep up with Peter. While some people will jump and say "it's the harness-!" I'm thinking realistically of what the average moviegoer will think.

Some people seem to think that every Spider-Man villain works for a feature film, and that SM3 could just include any villain. Some can't, and the movie can't. In this case the Vulture makes no sense- neither does the Sandman, for that case. The only reason I can think of them being here is that Sam has an affinity for the classics...not that I have an issue, just that I'm completely befuddled as to why he's so adamant in only having the classics shine in screen debuts (no, Venom doesn't count- if the Sandman were modern he'd be getting the same amount of attention).

Just because a character is classic or known by the fanbase doesn't automatically mean they will ever have the appeal to hold up a film. Case in point- no one I'm familiar with is going to see this film for Flint's behalf. Characters like Mysterio would drag down a film just in the attempt to adapt them, much less make them appeal to the huge audience the Spider-Man film franchise attracts. Just because smoke and mirrors and harnesses work in the comics doesn't mean it would look good on film. Unless Campbell makes a quick cameo they don't rise above anything but filler material for the notables.

And this is why I fear Spider-Man 4's inevitable production announcement- at some point, Raimi actually thought the Vulture deserved to be in what could possibly be the last Spider-Man film he directs...and maintained the belief that Marko has something to offer.

If Sam Raimi had chosen to use the Vulture, he wouldn't have presented him as a weak old man. He'd probably have made him scarier than Venom. Razor sharp talons and teeth, ripping his victims to shreds.

Just as he adapted Eddie Brock to suit his approach, he'd have done the same with the Vulture. Any character can appear dangerous. It's only limited by your imagination.

If I were to put Venom in a movie...1.) I'd make him have more screen time...have another villain, like Sandman, cuz I don't think Venom could hold up a whole movie as a lead villain; and 2.) I'd have villains like Vulture, Mysterio, Chameleon, Shocker and Rhino in it and have Venom kill them all, :)

I would add Scorpion to the mix, but he actually has a great story, being a B-villain.

If Sam Raimi had chosen to use the Vulture, he wouldn't have presented him as a weak old man. He'd probably have made him scarier than Venom. Razor sharp talons and teeth, ripping his victims to shreds.

Just as he adapted Eddie Brock to suit his approach, he'd have done the same with the Vulture. Any character can appear dangerous. It's only limited by your imagination.

Well, what he does to Venom is perfection for the whole Venom character...he adds parts of Ultimate and regular...and if he "changed" Vulture's look or what not, that'll be like Bane in Batman & Robin...SOME villains shouldn't be in movies, just because they're kinda lame...LIKE Vulture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"