Pacific Rim - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the middle kaiju is the one
in the beginning with the Jaeger brothers. But the crocodile looking kaiju is one that we haven't seen or heard of.

Actually, yeah, that makes sense. I thought that one was the second one was the other Kaiju in the Hong Kong battle, but he looks like this:

pacific-rim.jpg

The last one might be in the end battle, there are a lot in that part, so I forget.

How many kaiju are there total?

There's the one in SF in the opening narration, one in the Ocean with the Becketts, one seen in Australia on the news, one in Mako's flashback, 2 in Hong Kong and then a third that pops out after the battle, and I think 6 just before the crack.

so about 13(more or less), but it's very possible I missed some.

I have a question for the poster who saw this movie. Does Idris die in this movie?

I have a question for the poster who saw this movie. Does Idris die in this movie?

[BLACKOUT]Yes[/BLACKOUT]

I also got a question about Idris Elba. What Jaeger does he pilot?

He pilots his own early on in the movie. They don't really show it in action or say a name, they just show him step out of it. But later on in the movie he pilots the Striker Jaeger.

i am not reading spoilers.

but for the ones who do. why not ask arman200 to writte the whole movie in one short post. or will you everyday ask 5 questions? hahaha :)

New Poster. I love how this Jaeger is just too damn tall.
521362_490228147710154_358309707_n.jpg

me too looks killer in the Russian wilderness. Hope it has some cool weapons.

Well, the blueprints say it has
Tesla-coil infused fists.
Probably coolest weapon since Thor's hammer. ;)

Well, the blueprints say it has
Tesla-coil infused fists.
Probably coolest weapon since Thor's hammer. ;)

I was aware of that. Looks like the huge tube that goes around the neck might be a flame thrower. Hope it has something powerful stored in the head.

It looks like the shoulder things in Alpha are weapons. The one on the right seems to have fire coming out of it or something.

Words can't describe how excited I am for this. This will probably be the closest thing we ever get to seeing a big budget, Hollywood produced, live-action Evangelion/Kidou Senshi Gundam film.

Part of me hopes this does well at the BO and part of me doesn't...this is the type of thing that can burn out very easily and vey quickly if Hollywood creates a bubble.

Only these two, but it seems we're getting one every day now.

We still need:

Gypsy Danger
Crimson Typhoon
Striker Eureka

I hope they thrown in posters for Tacit Ronin and Diablo Intercept. Though it's very unlikely. But I'll hope for it anyway.

So a trailer after those three are released?

Words can't describe how excited I am for this. This will probably be the closest thing we ever get to seeing a big budget, Hollywood produced, live-action Evangelion/Kidou Senshi Gundam film.

Part of me hopes this does well at the BO and part of me doesn't...this is the type of thing that can burn out very easily and vey quickly if Hollywood creates a bubble.

One can also hope that the aesthetics of this will open the gates for more anime-esque movies over here. The colour palette and designs in some of the shots for Pacific Rim looks really interesting.

On another note, live-action Evangelion would be a dream come true, especially if it is in todays' quality...

I hope the movie is good and I hope that it does well mostly because I would like to see GDT have more than 1 film come out each half decade.

Thats his choice more than the studio's choices. It seems like every studio in the world wants him for movies.

Thats his choice more than the studio's choices. It seems like every studio in the world wants him for movies.

I can't imagine having At the Mountains of Madness crumble out from under him while he was location scouting was his choice. A legitimate blockbuster under his belt would certainly reduce the chance of such a thing happening.

a new trailer for MOS may come out next month and if so I dont see why there wont be a new one for this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"