Pacific Rim - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legendary Pictures Buys Pacific Rim

Source: Deadline New York
May 28, 2010

Legendary Pictures has purchased Pacific Rim, a 25-page science fiction treatment by Travis Beacham for development into a tentpole feature, reports Deadline New York.

Beacham, who was the first writer on the recent Clash of the Titans remake, will script the project which sees a future Earth defending itself from attacking creatures. There is no word on the origin of these beings, though the title suggest that they may come from beneath the sea.

The Chinese Jaeger looks like Shockwave.

Posting the Jaeger Designs we have for the new thread

United States
JaegerGipsyDanger-550x773.jpg

China
crimson-pacific.jpg

Australia
PacRimBlueprintViralJaegBigfull04-550x768.jpg

Japan
ppdc_blueprint_jaegercoyotetango_large.jpg

Russia (my favorite so far)
cherno-small-550x773.jpg

Last edited:
And, apparently that's not even all of them! I read somewhere that Del Toro said there are supposed to be 11 total, one for each major country! :wow:

The other 180 countries suddenly feel very anxious about whether or not they're included.

Would the 11 countries be the 11 biggest markets overseas? They have Japan/China/Australia/Russia covered. Will there be one from Spain, South Korea, or Germany?

Has the American Jaeger been released?

Yeah Gipsy Danger is the American Jaeger stationed up in Ankorage.

So does the Chinese Jaeger have two arms on one side or is it just showing the arm in diff positions

Looks 3 to me, maybe that's why they have 3 pilots.

So Jaegers aren't mass produced like modern day tanks and jets right? There's only 1 per major country?

Yeah they're a last ditch effort. From what I've heard at the time of the film, the Kaiju have been around and have already F***ed stuff up for some time.

Ya for about 20-30 years. The main characters remembers the first attack as a kids.

Seems like things happen like this:
2013 first attack
2016 first jaeger
2025 movie

I wonder what the 'one of a kind' Jaeger is that Hunnam ends up piloting. In the synopsis for the movie it mentioned some revolutionary Jaeger?

I wonder what the 'one of a kind' Jaeger is that Hunnam ends up piloting. In the synopsis for the movie it mentioned some revolutionary Jaeger?

Isn't it the Gipsy Danger?
They've said its an old and obsolete one. My money is on that it is a Mark I, which we havent seen yet. And I dont think we will until in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"