Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

I’d to hear Reeves talk about it and see if it’s anything more than a coincidence, because I think there’s a lot of classic horror influence in the designs of the characters. Riddler looking The Invisible Man, Bruce with the eye makeup looking like Cesare, Irma Vep with Catwoman.

I’d to hear Reeves talk about it and see if it’s anything more than a coincidence, because I think there’s a lot of classic horror influence in the designs of the characters. Riddler looking The Invisible Man, Bruce with the eye makeup looking like Cesare, Irma Vep with Catwoman.

Definitely, here's hoping for a "Man Who Laugh" type of Joker if the character have to appear further down the road...
What excites me the most about these classic horror references is their expressionistic visual langage. It's something I loved to see used in Burton's Batman films and that I hope to see again...but I digress.

Last edited:
1DBECD82-C97D-47C4-9151-657406763D1A.jpeg
I hope that some of the cards that Riddler leaves are in bizarre/creepy places rather than just out in the open. Or Batman could be made to do something really challenging like having to reach his arm into a device that could potentially sever it in order to grab a card that’s vital to saving a victim, but the device is set on a timer to burn the card if he fails. That would create a lot of suspense.

Got some GA friends who are quite excited about this new version of Riddler.

Got some GA friends who are quite excited about this new version of Riddler.

You and @Boom might remember back in the Nolan days of the Bat boards a popular idea amongst fans was a serial killer version of The Riddler, and it looks like that is what Reeves is going for, there's a John Doe feel to him and a bit of a foreboding Se7en vibe to the teaser trailer.

You and @Boom might remember back in the Nolan days of the Bat boards a popular idea amongst fans was a serial killer version of The Riddler, and it looks like that is what Reeves is going for, there's a John Doe feel to him and a bit of a foreboding Se7en vibe to the teaser trailer.
There was also an idea that involved Edward Nashton working for the FBI who gets brought in to help capture The Batman. Nashton creates the "Riddler" persona to draw Batman out and ultimately succumbs to his obsession.

There was also an idea that involved Edward Nashton working for the FBI who gets brought in to help capture The Batman. Nashton creates the "Riddler" persona to draw Batman out and ultimately succumbs to his obsession.
That's actually a really cool idea. Sorta like L from Death Note, only even more morally unscrupulous.

Watching The Sopranos right now and Paul Dano’s first appearance. I’m thinking it’s funny that nobody ever thought he would play The Riddler. Same thing with Heath in 10 Things lol. Life is funny.

Watching The Sopranos right now and Paul Dano’s first appearance. I’m thinking it’s funny that nobody ever thought he would play The Riddler. Same thing with Heath in 10 Things lol. Life is funny.
You mean back then nobody thought? Yeah it’s weird. But if you mean in general, nah a lot of us thought he’d be perfect for Riddler post-2007.

Last edited:
So you thought around There Will Be Blood era.

Really cool there Will be a darker version of this character, always wanted to see that.

He was in that?! It's been years since i watched the entire show and completely forgot about that.

He was one of AJ’s high school friends. Very minor role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"