Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by TheGuy, Oct 17, 2019.

1. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

I think this is looking more likely (at least in terms of inspiration), especially with that shot in one of the TV spots that seems to indicate
    Nashton knew Bruce as a kid.

craigaat likes this.
  2. WatchProtect Registered

I mean besides knowing Bruce as a kid though theres not anything else.

I don't see a visual similarity anymore than I see one for like Hush and Black Mask.

3. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

Maybe "combining" is too strong a word, but I could see them taking a few influences.

4. Mindreaper21 ?????

Is anyone else trying to solve Riddler’s riddles on rataalada?

5. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

From Morris (@SketchedBat) on Twitter:

20220127_100131.jpg

jnqptfs_sfbssbohf.jpg

Jermobooka likes this.
  6. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

I’m confident Dano is going to turn in a legendary performance here that will be respected similar to Joaquin and Heath as Joker.

7. Mindreaper21 ?????

Yeah, this round of riddles were a bit more challenging this time, but I ended up finding it out. What I love is how the riddles are more subtle rather than a bunch of questions that rhyme.

AndyTrevino likes this.
  8. RokMeAmadeus Registered

I just hope this ain't spoiling all the riddles in the actual movie lol

9. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

10. WatchProtect Registered

I like how even the children book is maintaining the mystery of not showing his face lol.

AndyTrevino likes this.
  11. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

THIS FRIDAY LET'S GOOOOOOOO

20220201_111613.jpg

12. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

hottest mixtape bought to drop

13. Closerframe Registered

Unlike Nicholson and Pfieffer, I don’t think Hardy is universally loved for his role as Bane. At least from what I remember when TDKR first came out. I thought his physicality was great (despite Hardy’s small stature), but the voice and love story aspect really didn’t lend to the character’s menace.

The Riddler in The Batman is literally being modeled after the Zodiac Killer and for once, is making the character terrifying which I can’t really say has been the case for any incarnation.

14. RokMeAmadeus Registered

Bane was pretty much perfect for me... RIGHT up until that last reveal lol. And then he just adruptly gets like blown tf up because, well, **** it, movie's ending so might as well lol. But tbf I didn't care for the idea of him being Ra's Al Ghul's son either

TheBagman and Rick190293 like this.
  15. ironwez20 Registered

Meh I didn’t like bane at all. But then again I found tdkr to be a terrible film.

16. Rick190293 Registered

Agree. Hardy nailed it, but the mastermind reveal sucked.

TheBagman likes this.
  17. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

Hardy's Bane had freakin' SWAG. I mean, it's Tom Hardy doing what he does best. He's become synonymous with 'weird choices that somehow work'. He's hamming it up a bit and having fun with it (in a way similar to how I think Farrell is with Penguin), but he's also extremely menacing and monstrous when he needs to be. His deliveries during the Batman sewer fight felt like Knightfall come to life. Like him or not, you can't deny that the voice became iconic. It's already worked it's way into other adaptations like Lego Batman and Harley Quinn. It's just an amazingly fun voice to do. The austerity and gentleman-like quality of it juxtaposed with such a monstrous visual. It's amazing. Everything he does with is eyes is also brilliant.

In a way, I think Bane was kind of the ultimate Batman movie baddie. He had the intimidation factor, evil as could be, the fun scene-stealing factor, grandest plan seen yet in a Batman film (yes, he and Talia were co-conspirators, it's literally established in the opening scene that the LOS guys are willing to DIE for him on the spot if he says so). Not saying he surpassed Ledger's Joker, but for me he was the best possible follow up because of how different it was.

#1092 BatLobster, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  18. Blade Hoarder Registered

19. WatchProtect Registered

I loved Bane. I was 12 when TDKR came out and I was watching and reading superhero stuff already but I wasn't like asking to go to the theater or anything. But i remember people making fun of Banes voice and then I eventually saw the film and was so confused because it sounded awesome to me lol.

AndyTrevino and TheBagman like this.
  20. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

I thought Bane was fantastic from the moment I saw the prologue. I remember being really hype by this photo.

[​IMG]

It felt so inspired to me. The first time I did hear his voice was a set video when he was at the Gotham football stadium, but that was before all the post production was done. When the prologue was released, there was complaints that you couldn't understand him (which ultimately led to them fixing that), but I thought it was so creepy. There was a layer of mystery to Bane, and the voice coupled with the music just added to how intimidating this guy was. As stated above, there were numerous nods to Knightfall, and I feel like people never acknowledge that. Same for his "love" for Talia in Bane of the Demon, which I feel is a very overlooked story too. I don't really get why some people claim Bane "sucked". I mean, sure he wasn't this massive hulking figure, but that wouldn't have fit Nolans world. Plus, come on, that sewer fight was BRUTAL. You can feel Batmans desperation and Bane being pretty much unstoppable.

Interestingly, I ran into Graham Nolan a few years back at comic con and he actually said he wasn't a fan of the film version.

21. Rick190293 Registered

Begins and The Batman'04 were the responsibles to reignite my interest for Batman. I loved it at the time and it's a shame it got in the shadows of TAS.

TheBagman likes this.
  22. Rick190293 Registered

Didn't Batgirl came at season 3 and Robin at S4? I think it had a nice amount of lonely Batman adventures haha. I need to see those seasons, in fact, after finish my current BTAS watch.

Babillygunn and TheBagman like this.
  23. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

24. Erik Lensherr Registered

So he's singing in The Batman?

[​IMG]

25. Bruce Wayne obligatory anime seizure attack!

Unless it's one of those William Shatner-styled 'spoken word' performances, then yeah, looks like it.