Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

This next poem is called "Ave Maria..." (finger snaps)

Nethery_10075-18_10.jpg

Can we take the time to respect that Edward isn’t a nerdy or gross dude. He’s just non-descript, like most serial killers. This isn’t a ASM2 Electro, Carry’s Riddler, or what-have-you situation.

He looks pretty nerdy.

Riddler_1645720903650_1645720916108.jpeg
How. He doesn’t have fake teeth, braces, dumb hair, a speech impediment, or any countless of other things they’ve used like even Iron Man III.

Yes, he has glasses like 60% of society. This dude is basic. He’s a nobody, a nothing. Like BTK, probably like Zodiac, like Ted K. His damage is inside… Reeves is smart. He didn’t need to project his damage to the surface like most comic book films do with character types like this.

I just want to punch Dano's smug face during that reveal scene. Ugh, I'm gonna really hate his version of the Riddler and when Batman finally apprehends him it's going to be so satisfying.

He looks pretty nerdy.

Riddler_1645720903650_1645720916108.jpeg

How. He doesn’t have fake teeth, braces, dumb hair, a speech impediment, or any countless of other things they’ve used like even Iron Man III.

Yes, he has glasses like 60% of society. This dude is basic. He’s a nobody, a nothing. Like BTK, probably like Zodiac, like Ted K. His damage is inside… Reeves is smart. He didn’t need to project his damage to the surface like most comic book films do with character types like this.
I dunno. I think Dano's Nashton comes off nerdy here. It's just subtle. It's just not the cliche and over the top nerd stereotype that crap like Iron Man III and Big Bang Theory perpetuate.

The hair style and costuming is all meant to play up Dano's boyish face and build, which comes off nerdy by Hollywood standards. Just compare how he is styled in character above versus how he dresses him on the red carpet:
4651c6ada09fe508f47ccf6fa81c7d87

If Dano's Nashton stepped out of his apartment, surrounded by policemen and with one of them holding a laptop in a plastic bag, you would not be surprised in the slightest.

My God the fact that this theme is a twisted version of Ave Maria. Is hunting and Paul performance as The Riddler is jarring. There’s a horror vibe to the way he plays the serial killer/ Zodiac esk criminal. He believes that he is patriotic figure to the citizens of Gotham, by exposing the criminality of Gotham City within every level of influence from the city officials, to the cops and rich elites.

Last edited:
The confession scene in Arkham was brilliant and very reminiscent of the comics. I like how Dano was able to incorporate a sense of insanity in his delivery as he regales Batman in his tale I was glad Bats played it cool up till a certain point.

I really dug danos serious zodiac style riddler way more then carreys over the top. My only wish is every kill he had he would add a question mark to his jacket and get it closer to the comics outfit

If only Nashton had more followers. But on the real, Paul Dano nailed the Riddler. He had this creepy menace about him and I can already tell that his getup is gonna inspire legions of cosplayers the same way other comic book movies inspire other cosplayers.

To see him finally unmasked and see the range we know that Paul Dano has was great to see and I liked that we didn't just have one or two riddles, but riddles throughout. Whether we see Dano's Riddler in another film or HBO Max series, he put his stamp on the character for sure. Have this guy be the antagonist for the next Saw film.

Seeing Paul look so giddy on the red carpets is rad... he's been an indie darling for a decade, and now he's getting his time to shine in the spotlight.
Yes! I've been a fan of his for years. So glad he's got such a high profile role. And he was fantastic in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"