The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Paul Giamatti IS Rhino - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Giamatti in Talks to Play The Rhino in 'Spider-Man 2' (Exclusive)

Paul Giamatti is in talks to join The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to play the villain known as The Rhino while Felicity Jones also is negotiating for an unspecified role.

The duo will bolster an already impressive cast. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are back as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, Jamie Foxx is portraying bad guy Electro, Shailene Woodley is Mary Jane Watson and Dane DeHaan is Harry Osborne.

The Rhino first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #41 in 1966 as a thug from a Soviet Block country who wore a superhuman suit that made him invulnerable while giving him super-strength and super-speed. It also had a deadly horn on top.

In more recent comics, he became a sympathetic figure who found himself allying with Spider-Man.

The character that Jones would play has not been revealed.
The sequel, being directed by Marc Webb, is eyeing a February production start.

Giamatti last appeared in Rock of Ages and is currently shooting the JFK drama Parkland with Zac Efron and Jacki Weaver. He is repped by UTA, Kipperman Management and Sloane Offer.

British actress Jones may be best known for starring in Sundance darling Like Crazy and also appeared in Hysteria, the period romantic comedy about the invention of the first vibrator. She is repped by WME and Jodi Peikoff Law.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/paul-giamatti-talks-play-rhino-415899

I have mixed feelings regarding Rhino. On one hand I'm happy he's appearing in TASM2 and can't wait to see him since he's a classic Spidey character and we've never seen him on screen before but on the other hand I don't really care how they portray/handle him as long as it's obviously Rhino :p
Exactly.
I can't see them screwing up Rhino really..

Exactly.
I can't see them screwing up Rhino really..

Unless perhaps he's just Paul Giamatti in a shirt and jeans with a waffle cone strapped to his forehead.

Unless perhaps he's just Paul Giamatti in a shirt and jeans with a waffle cone strapped to his forehead.

Haha and football pads as his R.H.I.N.O. "armor"..

Consider it done.

PaulGiamattiAmericanSplendor.png

Last edited:
I for one think that Rhino should have an element of goofiness into him

I mean, of course he should be shown as a true menace, a guy that destroys everything in his path, but he also should be portrayed as a kind of a dumb person that Spidey can easily make fun of

I mean, of course he should be shown as a true menace, a guy that destroys everything in his path, but he also should be portrayed as a kind of a dumb person that Spidey can easily make fun of

yeah i agree :)

He definitely should have that goofy/dumb vibe, it's like his main trait.
What I'm concerned about is this new vision that Marc had, and has introduced..kinda has this "serious" vibe to a lot of things including villains. I hope if Rhino DOES has this goof vibe, that the seriousness of the first movie carries on well to the second movie, even with Rhino being dumb in the sequel. Because Rhino being goofy, comes off as funny.

so these electro electric eel rumours, if true, go towards supporting the likelihood of rhino being a cross species.

hope this is not the case lol

If Oscorp is experimenting on the inmates at Ravencroft, then it seems likely. I think they will somehow make the Rhino a suit/cross-species hybrid though.

If they go cross species, they should consult with whoever did the CG for "Ruffalo Hulk"'s face because it will suck if we get a DERP-y looking Rhino lol.

If they go cross species, they should consult with whoever did the CG for "Ruffalo Hulk"'s face because it will suck if we get a DERP-y looking Rhino lol.

Agreed.

Been coming to this site for years but never registered for an account. So this is my first post. Hey everybody.

Agreed.

Been coming to this site for years but never registered for an account. So this is my first post. Hey everybody.

And what a great thread to dive into first. Welcome to the world of mystery and mayhem that is "Rhinomatti"...or is it..."Giarhino"?

Feel free to post erotic fan-ficition about "Rhinomatti" as much as you like.

Just kidding. But yes, welcome! :)

i'm rhino agnostic at this point. i'm gonna avoid speculating how he fits into the story etc until we get some form of official confirmation that he is in the movie.

EDIT: speak of the devil lol

[YT]LcS74Q1Y_jA[/YT]

Last edited:
Yeah, nice catch, definitely a stunt guy with a prosthetic mask to look more like Giamatti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"