Days of Future Past Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask - Official Thread

If hes a main villain, then either someone involved with Sentinel creation or a CG character would be my guess. Maybe a new political character? Really have no idea. Good to hear he will have an important role though. :up:

A time traveler...or maybe if he's Brainchild... mutants are hiding in the Savage Land from Sentinels in the dystopian future..

"It is unknown at this time what character Dinklage would be playing but sources have told Variety it would be the main antagonist."

Amazing. :up:

I hope he's Trask.

Well I guess now it's safe to say that his character will be an amalgam of some kind. Like certain other villains in marvel movies. But its hard to speculate as to who since we don't know if Dinklage's character is human or mutant.

I would love it if he were playing an amalgam of Trevor Fitzroy/Bantam. Fitzroy in my opinion is the best villain for this plot. Not only can he open time portals but he's also a descendant of Sebastian Shaw.

How they manage to shoot this with all these busy actors must be insane, and Im sure theres more to come! They're going to have to shoot this Sin City style or something haha.

It is unknown at this time what character Dinklage would be playing but sources have told Variety it would be the main antagonist.
4db26bb112d790b56fcaa934bad0b78808828b10.gif

How they manage to shoot this with all these busy actors must be insane, and Im sure theres more to come! They're going to have to shoot this Sin City style or something haha.

As long as it doesn't feel like a series of vignettes or action pieces like X3, I'll be happy.

Apocalypse...lol

Whoever he is, this is exciting news! He can pull off a masterfully memorable villain with the right script. Stop making people excited more by the day SINGER!

Collider is reporting it too so I guess it's true

http://collider.com/peter-dinklage-x-men-villain/

According to Variety, Dinklage will play the “main antagonist”. I’m not sure if that means he’ll be the only bad guy, but all of the other X-Men films have had a lead bad guy and then powerful underlings (even if they weren’t acting under their own volition like in X2). At the very least, we know that the Sentinels (giant robots who exterminate mutants) will be a “big feature” of the story. So who will Dinklage play? Devin Faraci over at Badass Digest made the interesting argument that the villain could be the bizarre Mr. Sinister. Even though Sinister doesn’t factor into the Days of Future Past comic book, Singer isn’t being precious with the material. I think if we did see Mr. Sinister, it would be so far removed from what we’ve seen in the comics that it would render the character nearly unrecognizable. He’s simply too outlandish to bring to the screen even if you did motion-capture. Perhaps, as Devin argues, Sinister could be a neat stepping stone to Apocalypse, but I have a different theory.
I think Dinklage will play Bolivar Trask, the creator of the Sentinels. I believe the Sentinels will be the major foe because we can only see mutants fighting mutants so many times. Furthermore, the sentinels lack personalities, so it’s up to a great actor like Dinklage to provide the emotional aspect of the threat. It would also be a nice touch that if Trask was Dinklage’s size (he’s not in the comics), then he would devote his life to creating gigantic machines as a way to realize the physical strength and power he lacks.

They have a good point with the size thing :hehe:

I don't care who he plays I'm so excited he's in the movie. Still shocked how ****ing awesome this has the potential to be :funny:

ETA: Sorry I though I was editing that last post :doh:

At this point Trask or a character similar to him does seem the most likely...never know though.

Peter Dinklage is such a good actor, he could play Juggernaut and have you believe it!

"It is unknown at this time what character Dinklage would be playing but sources have told Variety it would be the main antagonist."

Amazing. :up:

I hope he's Trask.

More and more I think he Is playing the human villain.Maybe Trask or someone created for film.He Is working on projects against Mutants.He Is target of
Magneto's assassination.Basiclly Instead of having Nixon be target(standing In for Kelly) this character(maybe Trask) Is targetet for death.And Brotherhood wants to do publicly.

So In 2 timeframes the X-Men have 3 things to battle

1:Sentinles In future
2:New Character(or Trask) Involved In antimutant projects for Nixon White House.
3:Brotherhood who learns about these projects and targets new character(or Trask) In retalation.

Remember In x2 just because you had Stryker as main villain didn't mean Magneto was turned Into good guy.

If Peter Dinklage Is playing someone from comics my money Is on Trask.

The more I think about It It seems like Bryan Singer Is looking for Irony as well as a great actor(Like Ian Mckellen and Brain Cox) as villain.

To have Peter Dinklage who Is dwarf playing Boliver trask would give great irony.Someone who Is considered different being antimutant and Involved In
antimutant projects would speak to prejudice allegory at heart of X-Men.Plus him design plans for sentinles that are huge when he Is dwarf would also be
seomthing.

In reality Trask was killed In Comics shortly after he was Introduced so casting a dwarf as a character who Is regurly sized In this case Isn't as much a factor.This Is one case where changing character to fit Dinklage(assuming Bryan Isn't going to use CGI to make him look bigger In final film) won't hurt character.

There Is chance Dinklage will have scenes with Jennifer Lawrence If Mystique goes undercover to find out what Is going on In govenment(you just know they will try to find to jennifer appear without blue makeup)

Trask has already been in the movies what is everyone talking about? Singer came into this movie to clean up continuity errors not add new ones...

I will say It again.Bill Duke's character In Last Stand was credited Trask not Boliver Trask.And no hint of him being scientist or Involved with sentinles.That was merly someone with name of trask not Boliver trask.

Thanks. But marvelrobbins like I said, that's adding more confusion to the series. It's the same as saying the Emma at the end of Origins wasn't Emma Frost. Why do it again? Bring Bill Duke back if Trask must be in it...it will make X3 more important in retrospect.

But she wasn't Emma Frost, she was Emma Silverfox. ;)

DOFP past take places In 1973.The Last Stand Is most likely In mid to late 1990's.

But leaving Boliver trask and playing key role In film with sentinles because of what Brett Ratner Isn't a good Idea.

The Last Stand can't be the mid 90s... X1 was the not too distant future from the year 2000. N'sync played in X2... The Last Stand is likely 2007 or 2008 as it says the not too distant future, not the mid-90s in the subtitle.

Singer already said he's not ignoring any of the previous movies, that would likely include the fact that Trask was around in late 2000s. He could still be present in the movie, who is to say he wasn't building Sentinels during the events of The Last Stand?

But she wasn't Emma Frost, she was Emma Silverfox. ;)

I havent seen that movie since the workprint copy. But was she ever called Emma in that movie? Cuz as far as I care to know, she was just Kayla sister with diamond skin powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"