Days of Future Past Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask - Official Thread

They already had Emma in X-Men Origins. As far as I'm concerned, Bill Duke is Trask in name only.

I'm not sure if this is fact-based but one of the reports on this new casting, from ScreenRant.com says:

According to insiders however, who heard of the casting just before Singer confirmed it, Dinklage is taking on a “key role,” whatever that means.

Well you never heard the name Boliver trask In Last Stand.It could be an emma frost situation where you never heard the name In film.Problem with mastermind Is Bryan changed that with X2 to Jason Sstryker so he might not be Intrested In bringing him In.

It defently possibly It could be trask.He could be working on earlyd esigns of sentinles.But It takes years for them to be perfected.Of course he could simply be aide to Nixon.

They already had Emma in X-Men Origins. As far as I'm concerned, Bill Duke is Trask in name only.
This time around Singer made it a point that he would respect the continuity established in the prior films.

This time around Singer made it a point that he would respect the continuity established in the prior films.

That's what I'm thinking too, even saying he'll respect the deaths in X3.

Bill duke's character was addressed as secretary rask and listed In credits as Trask.Not boliver trask.That gives them leaway.And seriously why eave out trask from proper use In films because Brett Ratner had character named Trask In
Last Stand.

If Screenrant Is right he's probally playing Trask or someone close to Nixon.

Well you never heard the name Boliver trask In Last Stand.It could be an emma frost situation where you never heard the name In film.Problem with mastermind Is Bryan changed that with X2 to Jason Sstryker so he might not be Intrested In bringing him In.

It defently possibly It could be trask.He could be working on earlyd esigns of sentinles.But It takes years for them to be perfected.Of course he could simply be aide to Nixon.
Nixon pretty much hated everyone. I highly doubt Nixon would have a midget be his chief of staff.

Bill duke's character was addressed as secretary rask and listed In credits as Trask.Not boliver trask.That gives them leaway.And seriously why eave out trask from proper use In films because Brett Ratner had character named Trask In
Last Stand.

If Screenrant Is right he's probally playing Trask or someone close to Nixon.
Or he could be playing Gateway, a mutant responsible for the time travel in this adaptation. Sounds like it would be a key role to me.

Bryan Singer may use CGI effects to have him appear normal size In final film.I think some are limiting the role he could be playing.There Isn't really a key role he could be playing from X-Men lore.Bryan Singer cast Peter Dinklage because he's a well regarded actor.

EDIT:Just realized who he is.

Last edited:
Bryan Singer may use CGI effects to have him appear normal size In final film.I think some are limiting the role he could be playing.There Isn't really a key role he could be playing from X-Men lore.Bryan Singer cast Peter Dinklage because he's a well regarded actor.
You're assuming "key role" means that he would have to be playing a well known character from the comics. It could mean that he is an integral part of the film's plot.

Seems like a waste of CGI imo. And I dont think it sends a good message having a little person digitally altered to make him look "normal".

He was cast in Game of Thrones mostly because of his size. It's a bonus that he's also a great actor.

Seems like a waste of CGI imo. And I dont think it sends a good message having a little person digitally altered to make him look "normal".

He was cast in Game of Thrones mostly because of his size. It's a bonus that he's also a great actor.

I agree. They are not gonna cast him to play a normal-size or a tall person. Thats like casting a kid to play a father.

Well In Lord of the rings and hobbit all of them were normal size playing small character.
SO maybe now the reverse Is happening.

gateway would be bad role.Because taking a ethic character(Non white) and making him
white Is bad Idea.

Well In Lord of the rings and hobbit all of them were normal size playing small character.
SO maybe now the reverse Is happening.

gateway would be bad role.Because taking a ethic character(Non white) and making him
white Is bad Idea.

Gateway is a bad role because his power fits the storyline and Dinklage's stature fits the character? I really don't think his race is important at all..

Very interesting! Dinklage is amazing on Game of Thrones. And his character could well be someone who makes time travel possible.

I critze filmmakers for turning white characters Into black so I would have to critize turning nonwhite Characters Into white here.

Gateway doesn't scream critical character since he Is mostly silent In COmis.And I would prefer techinal or telepathic powers for time travel.

white Is bad Idea.
Gateway is a little known character. His ethnicity shouldn't make or break the casting decision.

Furthermore, his ethnicity is Australian Aborginal. There are 517,000 of them left on the planet today.

I critze filmmakers for turning white characters Into black so I would have to critize turning nonwhite Characters Into white here.

Gateway doesn't scream critical character since he Is mostly silent In COmis.And I would prefer techinal or telepathic powers for time travel.

Well, Gateway screams key role to me in a movie about time and space travelling. A time machine would be really lame.

Gateway is a little known character. His ethnicity shouldn't make or break the casting decision.

Furthermore, his ethnicity is Australian Aborginal. There are 517,000 of them left on the planet today.

More reason why a white person shouldnt play an Aboriginal.

He's replacing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

original.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"