• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poltergeist remake...

I'm not afraid of clowns or anything although I have no liking for them either. I've never understood the fascination with them although I can see why people fear them.

The urban legend about the clown statue is what got me. :csad:

Looks like a too-faithful remake, by the looks of it.

the whole point is to have similar scenes . how else would you get the old fans to watch the movie?

as Devin Faraci said. the problem will be the finale. it will be a big action finale. and we know its true.

poltergeist_1sht_vera1_large.jpg

Good poster, very homage to the original.

i really like the original

hopefully this one delivers. the pics that were just released do look a bit creepy which is a plus :up:

Trailer looks as pointless as the decision to remake it.

The trailer was actually pretty good. The shot of the little girl at the end was creepy as fudge.

Not into horror and I never watched the original but this looks good. Maybe I'll cowboy up and watch it when it comes on DVD.

simple question. who buys a scary clown for their kids? :wow:

a little to much jump scares.

Best thing about that trailer was Jared Harris's pirate impression.

Not as bad as I was expecting. Still doesn't look like it will even touch the original's greatness, but...

simple question. who buys a scary clown for their kids? :wow:

a little to much jump scares.

Parents buy creepy **** for their kids all the time.

Again, like the official stills, the trailer looks way too faithful to the original -- even with the technological updates.

They should have went all out for this remake and have Sam Raimi secretly direct it.

This gave me the feeling it was part of the Paranormal Activity series.

Please FFS, leave films of the past alone - originality for the love of god....

I'm just glad they didn't attempt to replace Zelda.

The actual characters of Shaggy and Scooby should've in here. Image if they just...randomly appeared. Image the money!

This looks utterly pointless...

Am I the only one that is on board with this remake? I'm excited for it I think it looks really good. I love the original and I love remakes as well. Sometimes remakes are better than the original, like Carpenter's The Thing. Heck I thought Evil Dead remake was better than the original as well. You can jump on me if you want but I'm excited for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"