Possible new DC titles....

hippie_hunter said:
I'D LIKE TO SEE A BARRY ALLEN ORIGN STORY SOMEDAY.

AN AQUAMAN: YEAR ONE TOO! :up:
They'll never do that second one. They've shown us where they want to take Aquaman, and that is in the direction of an ambiguously gay, whiny, Smallville/Spider-Mannish, incompetent, ineffective teeny-bopper with less pathos than a marble pillar. They won't risk losing any sales on that brilliant marketing scheme by confusing things with Year One for Real Aquaman. If they did, they'd probably call it Dweller in the Depths: Year One. Or maybe, Hahaha You Guys Should Have Appreciated The Real Aquaman But You Didn't So We'll Make You Regret It For The Rest of Your Comic-Buying Lives: Year One.

King Ruler said:
And let's get "Teen Titans: Year One" and maybe even an "Infinity, Inc.: Year One".
Not everything has to have a Year One! I can't believe there was actually a clamoring for Metamorpho: Year One! This is out of hand. If everybody has to have a Year One for everything, then could we at least make it an ongoing series? Instead of all these jillion minis, let's just have an ongoing series, Year One, which has arcs for different characters/teams?

Dwarf lord said:
No. He had his shot and he took away literally all the charm of the character. No trick arrows, lack of political appeal. It wasn't good at all. I guess that comes from the fact that I didn't like his view of GA in the first place.
Lack of political appeal? It just didn't hit you over the head with its politics! It was very political. Saying that Grell's Green Arrow isn't political is like saying Delano's Hellblazer isn't political. It may not have the title character ranting on and on about the evils of conservatism, but a much more mature and subtle point is made.

By the way, can we stop overusing the term "literally"? You can't use that word when dealing with abstracts like "awesome" and "charm".

Superman vs Duck Dodgers is a possible DC title.

Like he cares, because he'll just pull another name.

they erased it, that was fast

Dwarf lord said:
No. He had his shot and he took away literally all the charm of the character. No trick arrows, lack of political appeal. It wasn't good at all. I guess that comes from the fact that I didn't like his view of GA in the first place.

Trick arrows are okay once in a while, but i like dthe dark and Gritty Grell series

Well you can blame Frank Miller for the whole year one thing. I agree that there is WAY to many "year one" s out there. Don't get me wrong I am all for seeing these types of stories but why does it need to have year one in the title? It dosen't make the book any better trying to cash in on Batman Year One's success.

Well you can blame Frank Miller for the whole year one thing. I agree that there is WAY to many "year one" s out there. Don't get me wrong I am all for seeing these types of stories but why does it need to have year one in the title? It dosen't make the book any better trying to cash in on Batman Year One's success.

I want to see ION as a possible new Ongoing title I think it has lots of potential.

I couldn't see an ION ongoing. Too much for him and such. It would be like a Galactus ongoing. What really stands in Ion's way?

you mean to tell me that in a universe of unimaginable size that there is nothing to challenge kyle? please...

Ion isn't that powerful.

He hasn't done anything that he didn't do as a Green Lantern, he's just done it easier. He is NOWHERE near as powerful as when he was Ion before. He seems more like a Green Lantern and a half.

There is plenty of stories out there for him. You just have to use your imagination.

yenaled said:
Ion isn't that powerful.

He hasn't done anything that he didn't do as a Green Lantern, he's just done it easier. He is NOWHERE near as powerful as when he was Ion before. He seems more like a Green Lantern and a half.
so hes GL 1.5?
ewwwww that just wreaked of JQ...

Aside from freshly being the most powerful being in the universe? The fact that he ripped an armada apart (not to mention it was someone who was just gleaning his energies from him a little bit), while having a non-focus fit? The only one we've seen do ANYTHING is a guy who was stealing a fraction of his power, until Kyle came along and fixed it. Not to mention the Guardians seem to believe his power is on their level.

Plus, doing something easier than a Green Lantern is one, a rather large task, as Green Lanterns are pretty much the big boys of the universe, and two, he hasn't had much to do with that power yet. But everybody, and that means everybody, seems to be worried about it.

For a start, yes that was Nero who teared through the Armada... and Nero in everyone of his appearances has shown enough power to do that. In his first appearance he tore through the JLA, plus Guy and Alan Scott.

I don't see your point anyway. Kyle is an intergalatic hero fighting huge threats, not a streetlevel hero. He isn't going to be fighting bankrobbers and the odd supervillain.

Over at Marvel; Nova seems above Kyle in power and he has an ongoing coming out.

yenaled said:
For a start, yes that was Nero who teared through the Armada... and Nero in everyone of his appearances has shown enough power to do that. In his first appearance he tore through the JLA, plus Guy and Alan Scott.

I don't see your point anyway. Kyle is an intergalatic hero fighting huge threats, not a streetlevel hero. He isn't going to be fighting bankrobbers and the odd supervillain.

Over at Marvel; Nova seems above Kyle in power and he has an ongoing coming out.

Yeah, and now he's taking Ion's power, since apparently he didn't have enough of his own for the people who made him. And if Nero was so ungodly powerful, and ION handled him like a child, which he did, then ION would...well...be plenty more powerful than Nero.

And I don't see what you mean about he's not busting street level problems. He never did, I don't know why you bring that up. He's meant to handle intergalactic problems for the most part, though he's been known to stop the stupid villans in the past.

And at Marvel, Nova seems to actually be under Kyle, since most lanterns could do things that only Nova Prime could do. Like taking out entire fleets of warships, and opening long range warp gates for big objects.

And a Nova ongoing will probably be interesting since Nova can't, and probably won't, go all out from the dangers of having that much Nova Force inside of him. Two totally different things for the most part.

Kyle has done a lot of crazy stuff before, but never with the clear amount of ease that he's shown as Ion. If the absolute upper limits of his power as Green Lantern -- which he is usually shown performing with extreme effort and concentration that could shatter at any moment -- is relatively effortless for him to perform as Ion, then it stands to reason that he's far, far more than just a Green Lantern 1.5.

Man, Tocchini is doing a ****ing bang up job.

Man, Tocchini is doing a ****ing bang up job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"