The Amazing Spider-Man Possible plot leaked!!!

But there's a new villain apparently called ''*****e Hairstylist." Spider-Man's most dreaded foe. :rolleyes:

I like the possible leak, but doubt very much its the actual plot, Barely any screen time for Dr. Connors in his Human form? Barely any fleshing out of the character of Connors? No mention of the spder bite all be in in flash back? plus no mention of where the suit came from.

I understand this being a reboot they'll change direction but a lack of where the webs come from (organic or mechanical), lack of spider bite and not to mention a very easily beaten bad guy in the final act make me personally think this is just a very well written fan fiction.

Not to mention the inclusion of Osbourne at the end feel's (as cool as it sounds) a little too like the closing Joker scene in Batman Begins.

I like the possible leak, but doubt very much its the actual plot, Barely any screen time for Dr. Connors in his Human form? Barely any fleshing out of the character of Connors? No mention of the spder bite all be in in flash back? plus no mention of where the suit came from.

I understand this being a reboot they'll change direction but a lack of where the webs come from (organic or mechanical), lack of spider bite and not to mention a very easily beaten bad guy in the final act make me personally think this is just a very well written fan fiction.

Not to mention the inclusion of Osbourne at the end feel's (as cool as it sounds) a little too like the closing Joker scene in Batman Begins.

True, but a lot of what you mentioned could be cleared up by the fact that the reboot is so soon after the last series. They might leave certain bits out to let the audience make certain assumptions, in reference to his webs/the bite etc, because we have already seen all that before. You could even say, in reference to Connors, that we saw a lot of him in the other films and therefore re-introducing him heavily wouldn't necessarily be a necessity.

I'm not saying this is definitely the plot but I don't really think that what you have mentioned would need to be shared in a reboot, that occurs, so soon after the last film.

Last edited:
I asked before, but is Andrew's Peter Parker already Spider-Man when the movie starts?

i hope so. I have no desire to see the origin again.

Thanks. Could I get a link to the source if anyone has it?

It's hard to actually give you a link because the only thing given to us about that is Sony's press release about the reboot last January where they said it would explore Peter's earlier years as Spider-man in high school. It's naturally assumed he's Spider-man

This old thing again? I like aspects of it, but it seems like Connor's gets little true development AS Connors, the cold case idea is stupid (Spider-Man IS a detective in part, but not a cold case detective...plus, seeing this become X-Files with a new file and villain popping up every film would be stupid as hell). I also HATE the spy parents angle, and the ghost freak outs seem stupid. There is no reason to do this to Spider-Man. Hallucinations should only happen in a film about Mysterio. Not cause he is "haunted by his parents" :dry:

And yes, I KNOW he saw Unlce Ben in his mind, but he didn't have physical freak outs or see him outside his own thoughts or in public. Why are his parents haunting him now? So many years after they died? I could see maybe him getting some info on it and getting curious, but the ghost thing appears to be stupid and lazy writing.

That said, action scenes are good, Capt Stacy is well done, and there is stuff to like here. But, there is a lot that makes me scratch my head and feel this is an attempt to Batman-ify Spider-Man, which is STUPID!

Batman-ify or Twilight-ify that is the question, how do you people keep going from Batman (gritty) to Twilight (hair) is beyond me. But no less humorous.

I hope that´s not it.
It´s cool and all, but why reboot Spider-Man if they are not going with a new origin movie?
They could very well just make Spider-Man 4 if the plot is like that, why not just continue the franchise if they are not to actually restart it?

If this is not a restart, if this is not an origin movie, i can care less about it.

Isildur´s Heir;19459716 said:
I hope that´s not it.
It´s cool and all, but why reboot Spider-Man if they are not going with a new origin movie?
They could very well just make Spider-Man 4 if the plot is like that, why not just continue the franchise if they are not to actually restart it?

Because most characters of relevance are already dead, Parker was left looking like an idiot because of SM3 and we got a loose Gwen Stacy out of the blue after Mary Jane is well stablished as Peter's girlfriend and there were made changes that damaged that movieverse's canon (Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer).

Just because you have no origin story doesn't mean that you can't (and don't want to) start on a blank plate. Why would you want to see the exact same origin again, with a bunch of different actors? You already know what happened, roll the story forward and tell us something new...

Why would you want to see the exact same origin again, with a bunch of different actors? You already know what happened, roll the story forward and tell us something new...
So, why make a Spider-Man movie?
We all know he will defeat the villain in the end.
Why make any remake of a movie? We already know what happens.
Why make Alice in WonderLand or another Robin Hood?.....We already know what happens.
See....it´s not about what you know, it´s about how is presented to you, is about understanding what you are watching.
If you just want to watch the fights with a new villain, grab a comic book; if you want to actually see the story of Spider-Man depicted....i don´t understand where your coming from.

Last edited:
I guess people just don't want to have their time wasted watching another origin movie. They want to get stuck into the meat of the story.

Isildur´s Heir;19459906 said:
Why make Alice in WonderLand or another Robin Hood?.....We already know what happens.
See....it´s not about what you know, it´s about how is played out to you, is about understanding what you are watching.
If you just want to watch the fights with a new villain, grab a comic book; if you want to actually see the story of Spider-Man depicted....i don´t understand where your coming from.
So what if Peter is already Spider-Man in the beggining of the movie? It's not like his origin is so hard to guess. There is also the possibilities of flashbacks in the movie. Just chill.

So what if Peter is already Spider-Man in the beggining of the movie? It's not like his origin is so hard to guess. There is also the possibilities of flashbacks in the movie. Just chill.
I´m totally chilled.
What gets on my nerves is missed opportunities.
If they are restarting the Spider-Man franchise, it makes all kinds of sense to want to make it the best, to present the best depection of the character possible, and for that, you need to start from the begining.
There are a lot of ways to improve on Sam Raimi´s movie.......so many ways is not even funny.

I guess people just don't want to have their time wasted watching another origin movie. They want to get stuck into the meat of the story.
Don´t take this personal, this is not my intention, but what is an origin to you?
I said this once and i say it again, a origin IS NOT the 15 minutes it takes to the hero to get his powers, if it was so, it would not be the Origin of Spider-Man (in this case), but the Origin of Spider-Man´s Powers.
To get bitten by a spider or struck by lighting is just a detail of the origin, an important one sure, but a moment nontheless.
An origin starts with the begining of it all, before the superhero, and it ends when the hero is complete, when he/she is what was meant to.
An origin movie can very easily be told in one movie or a trilogy or whatever.
An origin doesn´t ends when Peter Parker puts on the costume and he´s Spider-Man, it ends when he is THE Spider-Man

Spider-Man's origin is him getting his powers and Ben dying. That is what causes the creation of Spider-Man. I am guessing Ajendo is also talking about not wanting to see Peter discover his powers and figure out how to use them.

Spider-Man's origin is him getting his powers and Ben dying. That is what causes the creation of Spider-Man. I am guessing Ajendo is also talking about not wanting to see Peter discover his powers and figure out how to use them.

Exactly!

I don't mind seeing this as some sort of flashback montage during the opening credits but when the film starts, I would prefer to not waste 40mins or so watching all the pre-spider-bite stuff and coming to grips with his powers. At the very least, when the film starts I want Peter to already be spider-man, I don't care how long he's been spidey just so long as he's already established.

The origin in SM1 was pretty much what it needed to be as far as I'm concerned. No need to retread that. Plus, SM1 came out in 2002 to instant popularity around the world. The origin is technically still fresh in people's minds.

A montage during the opening credit sequence that's similar to TIH is a good way to go.

Isildur´s Heir;19459906 said:

Why make a Spider-man movie with an origin?
Why make superhero movies?
Why make movies based on other media?
Why even make books?
Etc...

Is this really the argument that you're trying to follow? Because it can be applied just as much to your "I want a movie with an origin" deal.

Origin movies follow a set of rules where you have to stablish the hero's powers and his motivation. With Spider-man, we don't need that because we're already exposed to his backstory (If there's one thing that the Raimi movies did well it was the origin bit). With those out of the way, you have more time to explore the side characters, introduce a complex villain or expose an intricate plot line (things you really wouldn't have enough time to in an origin flick).

If you still want to throw the cavemen a bone, you can easly get the origin part over with in an initial credits sequence like TIH did (and well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"