The Amazing Spider-Man Possible plot leaked!!!

doc ock is controlled by his arms, is unhinged by the loss of his wife.
loved loved LOVED this change, so much more three dimensional than the comic

No, it's not. He lost his fiancee and his mother in the comic, and he wasn't influenced by A.I. in the comics in order to turn to the dark side. I've got tons of scans from the comics to back this up if you doubt me.

I love movie Doc Ock, but the changes to the character were not better than the comics. Some people even call it a rip off of The Lizard's story!

Last edited:
I slightly prefer movie Ock just because of the sympathetic side. Molina is a badass anyway. Comic Ock is great too, in his own way I suppose. I didn't want to see that in a movie.

This already sounds better than all three Raimi movies.

tying sandman to to the death of uncle ben.
...WHY? HATED this change.
what purpose does it serve? you mean to tell me there was no other way to get eter angry at sandman, he was wearing the black suit for pete's sake he didn't NEED a motivation to get angry at sandman.

While it wasn't 100% necessary, I see why they did it. Peter was being selfish over the death of his Uncle, thinking every criminal was kind of like black and white, no in betweens. They thought it would be good for him to step up in responsibility and forgive the person who killed his Uncle, because even though the death was his indirectly fault, it's selfish to act like the killer was heartless and inhuman without further investigation.
Dennis the carjacker, Peter, and Flint are all guilty in playing in the death. The carjacker was dead, and pretty much an *******. So they couldn't bring him back and have Peter forgive him. He was the element of evil in the whole ordeal anyway. They added Flint as the element to the origin for Peter to face and forgive. While that wasn't needed, the forgiveness aspect was nice.

The problem with Sandman's redemption is that it was...contrived.

I wasn't crazy about it when I first heard the rumor. I thought it'd kind of ruin the point of the origin (indirectly causing Ben's death). When I read the truth, I was actually okay with it. Just had to accept it.

I like both the Kick Ass comic and movie. It would be difficult to choose one over the other...

They are both good really. I just really like the movie changes.

The problem with Sandman's redemption is that it was...contrived.

That and the fact that Peter stood there with his mask off, granting sandy forgiveness and lets him float away. Jeeeeez. Makes you wonder wtf kind of spidey comics Raimi supposedly grew up reading.

It would have been awkward for Spider-Man to like...capture him (like he could). I mean, the guy wasn't really BAD. Spider-Man said he had done "terrible things too". We all do them.

While it wasn't 100% necessary, I see why they did it. Peter was being selfish over the death of his Uncle, thinking every criminal was kind of like black and white, no in betweens. They thought it would be good for him to step up in responsibility and forgive the person who killed his Uncle, because even though the death was his indirectly fault, it's selfish to act like the killer was heartless and inhuman without further investigation.
Dennis the carjacker, Peter, and Flint are all guilty in playing in the death. The carjacker was dead, and pretty much an *******. So they couldn't bring him back and have Peter forgive him. He was the element of evil in the whole ordeal anyway. They added Flint as the element to the origin for Peter to face and forgive. While that wasn't needed, the forgiveness aspect was nice.
I actually completely agree. Do I think it's contrived? Yeah. But there's something nice about the fact that the trilogy ends with Peter getting some kind of closure for the death of his Uncle Ben. Because this isn't a story about revenge, it's a story about Peter trying to do the right thing.

Peter had closure in SM-1 when the guy he thought killed Ben was dead. There was no reason to resurrect the death of Uncle Ben plot. It was a cheap plot device to make Sandman personally connected to Peter.

That's all.

perfer the kick ass movie romance to what happens in the comics. the girl in the comic is a total b*****

wow, this is news to me. what issues does it happen?

Several different titles covered it:

Spider-ManUnlimited03.jpg

Spider-ManUnlimited18.jpg

Spider-Man%20Doctor%20Octopus-Year%20One.jpg

If there's any villain that deserves to be brought back, it's Doc Ock. The guy is cinematic gold and that's just strictly speaking from a visual perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"