Prometheus - Part 10

The creation of the Alien from the Alien franchise that. Was so shoehorned in. It seemed out of place with the rest of the film.

Guy Pearce did do a decent job but you can still tell its a man in old man makeup.

I just get I wasted two hours of my life, I think it promised sone thing and didn't really deliver

The creation of the Alien from the Alien franchise that. Was so shoehorned in. It seemed out of place with the rest of the film.

Guy Pearce did do a decent job but you can still tell its a man in old man makeup.

I just get I wasted two hours of my life, I think it promised sone thing and didn't really deliver

The make-up was terrible tbh. The old man prosthetics they used to fool people on jackass was actually a lot more convincing.

The make-up was terrible tbh. The old man prosthetics they used to fool people on jackass was actually a lot more convincing.

Ha ha yeah totally agree :up:

I even think David Lopan's old man makeup in Big Trouble in Little China is more convincing.

Yes, you could see he had a cap on over his hair. His head looked huge in some shots.

I enjoyed this film, but it was full of flaws.

I loved the film, underrated and overhyped at the same time. I think future installments will create a trilogy worthy of the numerous other sci-fi trilogies out there.

Well, considering it wasn't the xenomorph from the Alien franchise that shouldn't be a problem. It is the Deacon. Different head, mouth, and tale design. There was more info on all of that , and it was much less muddled and ambiguous originally, but like I said it got tinkered to hell.

Show's how much I know. Had no clue Guy Pearce played Weyland

Well, considering it wasn't the xenomorph from the Alien franchise that shouldn't be a problem. It is the Deacon. Different head, mouth, and tale design. There was more info on all of that , and it was much less muddled and ambiguous originally, but like I said it got tinkered to hell.

Ahhh right sounds like what happened to Hector Hammond in the GL script.

It didn't suck, but it was uneven and inevitably disappointing given the expectations attached to it. Some of the criticisms leveled at it are childish (it doesn't actually explain the meaning of life), while some is pedantic (Holloway should have turned left slightly at 01.23.56), and that is because more is expected of Ridley Scott, I suppose.

Nevertheless, other criticisms are valid. There are some stock characters who produce a lot of extraneous material; I think one of the least convincing examples was the brief Charlize Theron/Idris Elba thing. More problematic is the way that the internal mythology seems flaky. Why to the Engineers behave like that, and what is the goo actually meant to do? It's fine to leave open questions, but sometimes inconsistencies seem to arise.

All in all, I still like it, and I m looking forward to its sequel. There are fewer films every year of which I say that.

I'm still hoping Scott does his usual schtick and releases a Director's Cut. That's the only way I'd watch this film again. Theatrical was shoddy, and is worse the more you think about it.

WOW, I can't believe I gave this movie a 1 rating, since I bought it on Blu-ray, I've watched it 5 times and right now it's one of my favourite movies of the year(I would give it a 9 score).I gave it a 1 rating right after I got back from the cinema and was expecting an Alien movie.What we got is better than an Alien movie, we got a whole universe with new characters and better origin for the Alien species(compared to the one in AVP). I love this movie, it completely changed my mind on repeated viewings!
Now that I think about it, I was pretty drunk when I went to the premiere...That's my bad, can't wait for the second part.

I think a lot of people saying that "it sucks" are really underselling. Despite its flaws, the visuals, acting and a few key scenes all make it worth more than a lot of dumber fanboy movies this year. I'd certainly rather watch Prometheus again before I ever return to Dredd, The Amazing Spider-Man or The Hobbit. Oh well.

I actually really like Prometheus despite its flaws, missed opportunities, and frustratingly unanswered questions.

I had longer, more involved discussions about it with my friend coming out of the theater than I have with any movie for a long time (and not nitpicking flaws, but discussing our ideas about the Engineers, Xenomorphs, etc.).

As DACrowe said, the visuals are great, and I really find Fassbender's David fascinating. Rapace is good too (sometimes I think she goes underappreciated for the intensity she brings to that C-section scene).

Oh yes, the acting from both Rapace and Fassbender was phenomenal in this film.

IF anyone is interested I made a short little cartoon actually about Weyland in Prometheus. As old as he was to be acting that mentally stable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkCdxpva5VE

Not really that funny, but hey, I'm working on it. And I'm sure there are a thousand reasons as to why a INCREDIBLY wealthy man could be that mentally healthy in the future. Just thought it was a funny idea.

I did enjoy the film quite a bit. After re watching it a few times it does age better and a few more questions answered I think would have helped with the general public.

I actually really like Prometheus despite its flaws, missed opportunities, and frustratingly unanswered questions.

Likewise, with the exceptions of the questions. Honestly I was satisfied with what answers I was given. It's all in the film for me.

I had longer, more involved discussions about it with my friend coming out of the theater than I have with any movie for a long time (and not nitpicking flaws, but discussing our ideas about the Engineers, Xenomorphs, etc.).

As DACrowe said, the visuals are great, and I really find Fassbender's David fascinating. Rapace is good too (sometimes I think she goes underappreciated for the intensity she brings to that C-section scene).

Couldnt agree more, this was the only movie this summer that I couldnt get out of my head for weeks, it got me thinking that much. Aside from that I loved the movie both times in the cinema and love it just as much when I have watched it on BD, overall probably seen it 8 times now.

I watched Alien the other night as well and IMO it makes that movie more of a wonder, as if the movie wasnt superb anyway, I find it even better now, wondering about the ship and the aliens, and more.

I agree with both of you.

This movie is great just based on Fassbender and Rapace alone, I love everything about the movie and i'm very excited about the next installment(s). I didnt care about questions being answered by the end of the film as I was loving the story presented.

Idris Elba and Charlize Theron was a nice bonus to have.

Still flawed, still a masterpiece, as far as I'm concerned.

This movie is great just based on Fassbender and Rapace alone, I love everything about the movie and i'm very excited about the next installment(s). I didnt care about questions being answered by the end of the film as I was loving the story presented.

Idris Elba and Charlize Theron was a nice bonus to have.

:up: Spot on, I loved all of the stuff with the Engineers as well, loved the way they gave us tidbits of info which just left us wanting more. Cant wait for the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"