Psych

I didn't even know Brad Dourif was in this until the opening credits. It's weird, they kept hyping up Molly Ringwald, but she had nothing really special to do in his episode. She seemed...a bit wasted on this role.

Otherwise, probably one of the funniest episodes so far. I don't care if that crazy chick thought she was Frank, I totally would've smashed on her.

Yeah, that Vivan girl in the ward was REALLY hot. Man, oh man. I loved that Gus just didn't give a damn! :woot: Episode was all right. Not as good as some of the others this season but it definitely had its moments.

I was also disappointed that there were no Chucky references! :csad:

I loved the slow zoom-in to Gus' face followed by his trademark "hello." :funny:

I think the best part was how gus kept hyping up frank just to convince himself that getting with her is ok.

I wonder if Vivian will make any more appearances on the show. Because she was really hot! :wow:

You know, I just realized tonight, reading a discussion about police procedurals, that there are now TWO shows on CBS that either bite off Psych's premise, or Shawn's abilities.

We all know about the Mentalist, but now there's Unforgettable as well. Just like Shawn, the main protagonist has photographic memory. Now, I must admit, I've never watched either CBS show, so I don't know exactly know exactly how the perfect memory thing is used in Unforgettable, but it's the whole show's premise. I mean, I know Agent Dunham from Fringe also has photographic memory, but the ability is not the focus of the show, unlike in either CBS ripo...I mean shows.

i think the best thing about shawns abilities are not simple as....well i was born like this....it was that he was thought from a very young age by his dad. that's why i like the show, while its the focus, it always has a reason because of the flashbacks.

I don't know how feasible it is in reality to teach hyperobservance, but I like that aspect of the show as well. It adds some depth to Henry and Shawn's relationship too. It'd be too easy to just write Henry off as a terrible father if Shawn didn't constantly not only use but thrive on the stuff Henry taught him as a child.

You know, I just realized tonight, reading a discussion about police procedurals, that there are now TWO shows on CBS that either bite off Psych's premise, or Shawn's abilities.

We all know about the Mentalist, but now there's Unforgettable as well. Just like Shawn, the main protagonist has photographic memory. Now, I must admit, I've never watched either CBS show, so I don't know exactly know exactly how the perfect memory thing is used in Unforgettable, but it's the whole show's premise. I mean, I know Agent Dunham from Fringe also has photographic memory, but the ability is not the focus of the show, unlike in either CBS ripo...I mean shows.

Well, I believe it's in the first season of Psych they make a joke about the Mentalist.

I've watched the first couple seasons of the Mentalist and I wouldn't call it a rip off..so much as a project that kind of was out around the same time frame.

As far as this other show, Unforgettable, I've never seen it before so I can't judge. I'm sure it's a "drama" so it would be difficult to compare.

But no matter what uncreative people do in the television/movie business there is ALWAYS the original and it's ALWAYS the better of them all. There will be nothing like Psych no matter how hard they try!

Pysch has done a lot of prod and jokes directed at Simon Baker and the Mentalist, it's pretty great.

Damn, can't believe it's the fall season finale already.

Damn, can't believe it's the fall season finale already.

February seems like a very long wait for new Psych episodes.:csad:

I guess Shawn was planning on proposing to Juliette but then his Nintendo DS with the engagment ring was stolen, sadly for Gus he was the one who found it & knew right away that he would eventually lose Shawn if he gave it back to him, so it will be interesting to see how this tension will effect their relationship.

Great ep last night

Kinda bummed that there isnt a Christmas ep though :(

February seems like a very long wait for new Psych episodes.:csad:

I guess Shawn was planning on proposing to Juliette but then his Nintendo DS with the engagment ring was stolen, sadly for Gus he was the one who found it & knew right away that he would eventually lose Shawn if he gave it back to him, so it will be interesting to see how this tension will effect their relationship.
The best part was that we couldn't even tell that's why he was so upset about the DS until Gus opened it. Based on what we know about Shawn and Gus so far, it'd be entirely reasonable for them to be devastated by the loss of a DS, even though they could easily just buy new ones.
:funny:

Heh. I know. I loved when he ran up to that kid and just snatched it from him. "Shawn you're acting like a child." "I am not acting!" :awesome:

Definitely surprised at the twist and now we see why he wanted to talk to Gus so bad. I loved that they were staring into each others eyes and knew what they were thinking. I can do that with a couple friends of mine. You just know exactly what the other guy is thinking from hanging for so long.

With Shawn, I bet "waffles" is a pretty safe bet most of the time. ;)

The finale was a good one for sure. I lold when Shawn used Gus' ID. But Gus' face at the end, he looked so sad. It's going to be interesting to see what Gus does with this.

Great, GREAT finale...I kind of hope Shawn doesn't get married because it would change the whole show.

Speaking of Hashtag did any of you ever play the #Hasghtag Killer game on their website?

Shawn is a player, unlike Gus *thinks* he is. #burn

I think it is the other way around. Throughout the series, Gus has had more success with the ladies than Shawn. Shawn is just kind of a dork.

Juliet is all a man needs.

But this season has been consistantly great so far. Not a weak episode in the batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"