Punisher: WarZone Trailer Anticipation thread

Yeah, but still had someone not sold him out, nothing would have happened. FBI and other police organizations tend to be pretty good about protecting their undercover operatives.

The 04 Origin IS implausable. What are the odds of Castle's ENTIRE family gathering on a deserted island with no police presence a few days after his last assignment in which a mobsters son is shot...not by Castle, but by a completely different character.

I agree that yes, this would turn Castle into the Punisher...but I don't believe that Saint would kill his entire family over something that he only really had a minor hand in. The odds are too slim for all these events occurring together and I just never bought it.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the 04 film, I just never really liked the idea of taking a distinctly NY character out of NY. I'm looking forward to War Zone because they're playing up that gritty NY scenery...not beautiful, sunny, summer bloom Miami.

A Punisher film should feel dirty...like there's crime on every corner...by watching the film, you should be in Frank's mindspace and not only understanding him, but sympathising with his crazy fugged up state of mind.

Well, Mickey told Bobby about this Otto Krieg character. Bobby wanted to make a deal with him. And despite the fact that Castle didn't kill him, you could argue that he was indirectly responsible for his death: No Krieg, no deal, no Bobby getting shot by accident.

Not having him in New York wasn't really a problem for me. The budget prevented them from filming there(blame Lions Gate) so they had to work it into the script. Not really a bad thing though. The film states that Castle's an FBI agent who moved around alot. The solution? In the sequel state he was born and raised in New York. He was only in Florida and that area because of Howard Saint due to the incident with his family.

The new film is cool because of New York and i'm sure it'll look great, like most of the interview with the cast say it is. But after reading the script, it feels like an extreme version of Death Wish IV:csad:

It was actually Artisan.

The violence is petty laughable in most parts.

The problem with the 04 origin is it makes it a personal revenge/vendetta story, even though the movie really tries to drill it into your head that it's "not revenge". I mean, I get that no matter what story they used it would be like Castle avenging his family, but making Saint murder Castle's family out of revenge as well kind of hurts the character, IMO.

The Central Park origin is a random shooting that could've happened to anyone; a wrong time and wrong place. It's all about how Castle reacts to it. To me, that's more deep than:

"You killed my son!"
"You killed my family!"
"You killed my other son!"
"Ya and now I killed you after makin you kill your friend and wife!"
"Well...you're a poop face!"
"No, you!"

I've beat into the ground how the '04 origin works on a different level, I'm not even gonna bother with it. The random act of violence is important, but I'm not losing sleep over it not being in the movie. His family is killed, he decides to become a vigilante, that's basically the core of his origin.

What he does is revenge really, only he's taking his pain out on all criminals but you know the Revenger doesn't have same zing as the Punisher. Take The Cell Castle goes and gets the people who were directly responsible for his families death, I'd say that's getting revenge.

And I would say he did punish Saint in the movie. He drove Saint to his own destruction.

sure it works, on a lesser level. the random act of violence killing his family is what makes frank hate all criminals. sure he's getting revenge in the cell, but technically he would have killed those dudes one way or another just for the pure fact that they were in fact criminals. it's not just about his own personal pain, it's about how pathetic those criminals are and punishing them not only for their actions but for the fact that they're just pure evil. that's a vital aspect of the character that 04 missed, and probably just because hansleigh was too lazy to go anywhere else and attempt to make it look like new york. the budget was too low? isn't warzone's budget even lower?

:pal:

I'm not saying the 04 movie sucked or anything, I still really like it.

I just think in terms of Frank's transition into The Punisher the random act of violence is important. The random act of violence really puts into retrospect why Frank hates all criminals, because really the whole concept of a "criminal" is what got his family killed.

In the 04 movie, the reason why he decides to become The Punisher is barely there at all. He just gets revenge for his family, then for some reason decides to become a mass murderer. It's not strong enough, IMO.

I always saw that since he didn't get any justice for his families murder, he saw how the law failed him and inadequate it is.

In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law-to pursue…natural justice.

I think it really just depends on how you want to interperate the character. Both points you guys make work well for his persona, they're just different ways of looking at him.

So now we know the trailer will be released within the next three weeks. Could it be with the Hulk? What other movies are coming out?

So now we know the trailer will be released within the next three weeks.

C'mon guys, lets actually post the articles on the forum instead of assuming that everyone knows what you're talking about right off the bat.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/punishernews.php?id=7313

Julie Benz (Rambo, "Dexter," "Angel") hit the green carpet of The Incredible Hulk premiere Sunday night at the Universal City Walk to support Gale Anne Hurd, who not only produced this Friday's Universal release, but also Benz's upcoming action-thriller, Punisher: War Zone. Benz, who confessed she's a "big Hulk fan," stopped to chat with ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! about the new "Punisher" film, for which the trailer should be out "within the next three weeks," according to Hurd.

CS/SHH!: What can you tell me about "Punisher: War Zone"?
Julie Benz: It comes out in December and you're going to see a much darker, edgier Punisher than you did in the past.

CS/SHH!: Did being a brunette help you get into character for the film?
Benz: Oh yeah. I play this kind of New York Italian cop's wife and had to do an accent and everything. It was great. I've never been brunette before and I loved it.

CS/SHH!: Tell me more about your character.
Benz: I have a small daughter in the movie. Stuff happens and I get very angry.

CS/SHH!: Why do you get so angry?
Benz: There's no good guy to me. Everyone is bad.

So three weeks, it looks it'll be with Midnight Meat Train which comes out on August 1st.

Regardless of what movie the trailer is set for, Midnight Meat Train is the more anticipated summer movie in my book over Hulk.

Midnight Meat Train looks like it could be decent.

But, I'm gonna guess that the trailer will be online only.

I'd rather it be online only, that way there's a good chance of it being red band ala the Tropic Thunder trailer.

Redband trailer would rock. Don't they usually release both around the same time though?

If it's with Hulk I hope my theatre shows it on both screens. Usually for bigger movies they show it staggered on two different screens, with different trailers for each showing. They didn't show Hulk at both Iron Man showings, so I was disappointed the first time I saw it.

It would be so stupid on their part to not show it in front of TIH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"