Punisher: WarZone Trailer Anticipation thread

Well since Hulk is in three days and not three weeks, it looks like that won't be happening. And to think all the marvel characters have been showing a lot of love towards eachother lately, and Punisher gets outcasted once again.

She did say within three weeks, not in three weeks. 3 days is within three weeks, so you never know.

Hulk is possible but i think it's more likely to be attached to Wanted which is an R Rated film and the target audience for a movie like Punisher.

I'm just glad we're going to finally see a trailer within the next few weeks.Hopefully it will silence the criticasters.:o

God, I hope I can be silenced... :csad:

:p

lol
Looks like the teaser is ready and waiting because they've the music for it is done. Composer Kave Cohen who's scoring the animated series Wolverine and the X-Men and has worked on countless trailers and tv spots has War Zone amongst his recent credits. Found this info on his official myspace.
RECENT TRAILERS, TEASERS & TV SPOTS

Eagle Eye

Punisher: War Zone

The Strangers

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Scorpion King 2

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

The Happening

Wall E

X Files 2

Tropic Thunder

Speed Racer

Iron Man

Sex and the City

Hancock

Lakeview Terrace

Prison Break

Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D

Pathology

Deception

Joy Ride

Superhero

Diary of the Dead

Frontiers

Savage Grace

Reprise

Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden

88 Minutes

Doomsday

Shutter

Vantage Point

Cloverfield

Nanking

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Get Some

There Will Be Blood

The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Jumper

The Spiderwick Chronicles

Valkyrie

Wanted

10,000 BC

I Am Legend
SOURCE: http://www.myspace.com/kavehcohen

I think it's been directed toward everyone who hasn't been popping a ***** over this thing.

Guys what i said wasn't meant as a dig at you. It's just that the War Zone board tend to be awfully (and at times unfairly) negative towards the film.

I'm not a die hard Punisher fan but i think i can understand some of the fustration here. But even if you are fustrated we haven't IMO seen enough of the Stevenson film to draw conclusions about it's quality.

lol
Looks like the teaser is ready and waiting because they've the music for it is done. Composer Kave Cohen who's scoring the animated series Wolverine and the X-Men and has worked on countless trailers and tv spots has War Zone amongst his recent credits. Found this info on his official myspace.
SOURCE: http://www.myspace.com/kavehcohen

Good thing its not Drowning Pool. This is the type of music I was talking about. Imagine Poseiden or The Messenger playing in the trailer and the epic choir vocals kicking in once the skull appears on the screen.

Even in the trailer I think the music should be more somber than epic. He's a tragic character not Superman or Spider-Man or whoever. Though the choir could work if it's like the game theme.

But, yeah it's good they are not going the nu-metal route.

I agree. Punisher's not a choir/orchestral type of film, at least in a classical sense.

Its just a trailer though. I'm not saying the movie should be like Spider-man for ****s sake.

Dark music for a dark character, maybe that's how I should've worded it. Jeeze.

I did say "Even in the trailer", it's just an opinion man, no need to get defensive.

I'm not getting defensive, I just like to say **** a lot. Don't worry about it and we'll be fine. ;)

So, trailer in front of TIH anyone?!

Well, we should look at it this way, the trailer will be no later than Comic-Con in July

Comic-con might be a good place to pin-point it. Was there ever stuff to promote the 04 Punisher flick at past comic-cons?

Comic-con might be a good place to pin-point it. Was there ever stuff to promote the 04 Punisher flick at past comic-cons?

I'm not sure. But I do know Gale Ann Hurd did say there would be a panel at the San Diego Comic-con

They were there back in summer '03.....

Comic-Con Report 2003

FEATURE

POSTED 2003-07-24 | PRINT | MORE ON THIS COUNTDOWN

BY DAVID SERVER | Hey guys! Typhon24 here, reporting from the just recently finished San Diego Comicon. I caught some pretty groovy stuff this weekend, and I thought I'd give my general impressions of what was shown film-wise from this year's Con. Overall, I was pretty darned impressed. I'll try and cover the stuff I saw that really stuck out to me (for better or for worse), although I may skip things like the Paramount or Kevin Smith panels because they were really only Q&A sessions with no footage or anything like that -- I liked them, but there's not much to report: Angelina Jolie is hot, Kevin Smith is funny -- consider yourself all caught up. But anyways, I'll try and hit the highlights, relevant Q&A info, and freebies, and sum it up with a grade. Let's dive right in, shall we?

THE PUNISHER: Technically, Artisan didn't have any actual 'presentation' to speak of for their upcoming Punisher film since they're busy filming in Florida, but they did have a booth, and being CountingDown's resident 'comic-book-guy', I had to check it out. Started strong -- they had a *huge* foam-core cutout of the skull logo which stretched the entire height of the convention center. Most of the booth's space was mysteriously hidden behind a black curtain. The table outside the curtained area sported a table with some free promotional t-shirts, pins, and postcards, all featuring the Punisher logo and nothing we hadn't seen before. There was also a prop tombstone for Frank Castle, which was a sort of nice touch. But what lay behind the curtain? New footage from the film? New promotional imagery? Maybe even a new poster! So I went in. I found a small flat-screen playing the teaser, the old teaser we've all seen in theaters, in repeat. Nice job, Artisan -- you guys really pulled out all the stops, huh? And yeah, that was sarcastic.

Freebies: T-Shirts, Promo Cards, Promo Pins

Grade: D+
Source:http://countingdown.com/features?feature_id=3146291

Remember the teaser for Jane's Punisher? As i recall they put it together before they actually started principal photography and it wasn't well received.:o

Link: http://a772.g.akamai.net/5/772/51/6...c1479d848bd2b94076fd446/the_punisher_m480.mov

Yeah, that was before they even filmed the movie. I'm glad they waited until AFTER filming to release a trailer.

Hi, i send yesterday a mail to Kave Cohen. This the answer:

Hi, thanks for the message. I don't think the trailer is available online yet, but it will be available soon.
Best wishes,
Kaveh

IMO i think the teaser for the '04 movie was good for not having filmed the movie yet.

I actually think the teaser was more 'punisher' than the movie was besides the last 15 minutes. The way they panned the camera over the table of weapons and explosives and had small cuts/flashes of him without the trenchcoat was simply badass IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"