The Dark Knight Non-fan reactions to Heath as Joker/TDK trailer

my cousin and i went to see IAL over the vacation, and it was the same day she first saw Brokeback Mountain (im cruel) and i told her when we saw the preview that the "evening comish" was Ledger, she didnt believe me lol. not until later in the trailer...and when we got home she said "well at least they didnt make him fat like he is in the comics"

What we see on screen is not Heath Ledger.

It's in fact The Joker playing Heath Ledger.

I think, honestly, it's the joker playing the joker. I don't see Ledger at all, which is weird...because it's Ledger wearing make-up. But, just the way he looks, and moves, and speaks, and of course laughs; it is ...well, the joker...the joker from the comics. Anyone can look like the joker, but I think Ledger is the right choice because he has become the character. He isn't Ledger...WOW! I just can't explain it.

I think when we see the meat of the performance when the movie comes out, people are gonna be blown away. What Ledger is doing with this character is something nobody has seen on screen. It's gonna be good!

I showed a few co-workers who surprisingly know very little about Batman or the Joker and they all said Heath Ledger scared them...alot!

I showed a few co-workers who surprisingly know very little about Batman or the Joker and they all said Heath Ledger scared them...alot!

I tried showing my co-workers the trailer but they said they didn't like Batman....they :o.

Saw I am Legend yesterday here in Australia (crap movie, IAL, btw), and the crowd like the trailer a lot.

There was a certain air of upward energy, an awe when the line "Then you're gonna love me" was said....and then BAM!

PS- Like the Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer facts, i think we need something similar relating to Heath Ledger playing the joker character.

Saw I am Legend yesterday here in Australia (crap movie, IAL, btw), and the crowd like the trailer a lot.

There was a certain air of upward energy, an awe when the line "Then you're gonna love me" was said....and then BAM!

PS- Like the Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer facts, i think we need something similar relating to Heath Ledger playing the joker character.
Why, it was good

I liked it. It coulda been better. But it was good, IMO.
had i not read the book i could have accepted it for what it was, but the book is sooooo much better that it makes the movie unforgivable

One of the people in the cinemas screamed when you see the joker while he says 'evening commishenor' and some dude said 'what an ugly joker'.

My fiancee got me the "Why So Serious" poster (the cool one with The Joker) for Christmas. Here's what the tag said:

To: XXXXXX
From: Somebody who doesn't want the wedding called off because she didn't get the geek his poster.

:heart:

Boom, if that isnt love then I don't know what is man..future wife of the year that one :hoboj:

I liked it. It coulda been better. But it was good, IMO.

I thought it was extremely disappointing. The CGI was cheap IMO. The zombies were not scary at all--I thought they were cheesy looking. The zombies would've looked so much cooler if they had been played by actual humans! Plus, it was just terribly unfaithful to the novel, which is badassery. They definitely should have at least changed the title, since they totally changed it's meaning in the end.

Yeah, what was up with the zombies? How could anyone not see how crappy the fx were?
I haven't read the novel, so I enjoyed the film, but the hype surrounding it was a bit much, IMO.

I thought IAL was enjoyable. I agree the zombie CGI was crap, but I was mostly focused on Smith's performance, and I thought he did good. The scene where his dog is infected is exceptionally touching. However, none of that overshadows how freakin awesome it was to see Heath in the prologue before the movie even started. I could've easily walked out of the theater after seeing that (and that's after driving an hour to the nearest IMAX theater playing the damn thing). He was genuinely creepy, and you could hear chattering everywhere after it was over. Add to that the fact that they had actual copies of The Gotham Times outside, and I was a fat kid in a candy store that day.

I thought IAL was enjoyable. I agree the zombie CGI was crap, but I was mostly focused on Smith's performance, and I thought he did good. The scene where his dog is infected is exceptionally touching. However, none of that overshadows how freakin awesome it was to see Heath in the prologue before the movie even started. I could've easily walked out of the theater after seeing that (and that's after driving an hour to the nearest IMAX theater playing the damn thing). He was genuinely creepy, and you could hear chattering everywhere after it was over. Add to that the fact that they had actual copies of The Gotham Times outside, and I was a fat kid in a candy store that day.

Yeah, same here. It was worth the price of admission just for the prologue and the wonderful smell of excitement in the air [or was that popcorn?]! But based on Smith's performance alone, IaL was good. I think he's a very good actor, and did a great job with the role. I guess the other elements of the movie disappointed me enough, to not really care for it overall.

I thought it was extremely disappointing. The CGI was cheap IMO. The zombies were not scary at all--I thought they were cheesy looking. The zombies would've looked so much cooler if they had been played by actual humans! Plus, it was just terribly unfaithful to the novel, which is badassery. They definitely should have at least changed the title, since they totally changed it's meaning in the end.

the movie was a definate miss. will smith was alright and the movie had its moments (someone mentioned the dog scene) but overall it was hampered by horrible creature effects and typical hollywood treatment of the material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"