The Dark Knight Non-fan reactions to Heath as Joker/TDK trailer

Back to the thread topic, I posted the trailer on a forum which is a subforum of a place entirely for English football (soccer) fans. The thread got about 50 replies, all of which were very very positive about the trailer. :cool:

No, I meant the entire theater. It was just dead quiet, maybe a couple of whispers here and there.

It seems that there are people out there who think Batman is not the center of the universe. I had been told about it but of course I called them liars.

My cat said TDK looks to be the greatest thing of all time.

I lied when I said that I impregnated my wife. The truth is, she saw the trailer and Ledger's performance was so amazing that she was suddenly a month and a half pregnant. :wow:

The sad part is...that is more believable than 75 % of these so called "non-fan reactions" in this thread.

Some people on a Japanese singer's forum are liking it. Yeah. And my sister's boyfriend wants to see it now. But thats about it.

Well, to be entirely honest, the reception at my theater was loud... ish.

I mean, people clapped, maybe one whistle? But no one was, as Matt stated, having an orgasm frenzy over it.

Nothing spectacular. It was surprisingly louder than when they showed the SM3 trailer. But, again, nothing spectacular.

Is exaggerating or straight out lying about how various "average joes" had orgasms when they saw Ledger as the Joker really that fun? :huh: :cwink:

No........

...YES!
060803ferrell8.jpg

If The Dark Knight is even 1 % as good as Night At The Roxbury it will be a masterpiece...granted, not in the way it intended. More in a "so stupid it is great" way...but still great :woot:

It seems that there are people out there who think Batman is not the center of the universe. I had been told about it but of course I called them liars.

bwaahahahaaha!!:hoboj:

most of my friends call me a dork for liking Batman but they all agree that Joker looks too sick to pass up so theyre excited

When I saw the prologue before I Am Legend, there wasn't any murmurs in the crowd or anything like that. I was pleassantly surprised to hear a few guys after the movie talk about it though.

They just said the Joker looked badass and they are excited for it.

My friend said it looked average. He laughed a little at the Joker, some positive and some negative. Overall he wasn't impresed or negative, just "whatever" about it.

My friend said it looked average. He laughed a little at the Joker, some positive and some negative. Overall he wasn't impresed or negative, just "whatever" about it.

And that is really how it is going to be until about 3 weeks before the movie when a REAL marketing campaign kicks in, despite what fanboy exaggerations may tell you.

I'm a huge fan, but in honesty I've shown it to a lot of people no they are not like I saw Jesus' face in the screen, but a lot I have shown thinks TDK looks great and a good continuation of BB.

I'm a huge fan, but in honesty I've shown it to a lot of people no they are not like I saw Jesus' face in the screen, but a lot I have shown thinks TDK looks great and a good continuation of BB.

Some people will think that, but afterwards, it will be a simply afterthought to them.

I think it looks great, but I honestly was expecting a bit more creativity. No bull****e', but I've shown the trailer and some Ledger pics to some average joes and fans, and those who dont know better (i.e. the Joker) thinks he looks cool and scary, but alot of the people who know the Joker dont seem all that impressed. My one friend said it looks like they toned him down too much.

But no one said the movie looks like it is going to suck. Regardless if Ledgers performance in the trailer makes babys be born with lipstick and greasepaint.

I think it looks great, but I honestly was expecting a bit more creativity. No bull****e', but I've shown the trailer and some Ledger pics to some average joes and fans, and those who dont know better (i.e. the Joker) thinks he looks cool and scary, but alot of the people who know the Joker dont seem all that impressed. My one friend said it looks like they toned him down too much.

But no one said the movie looks like it is going to suck. Regardless if Ledgers performance in the trailer makes babys be born with lipstick and greasepaint.

Thats my biggest concern as well. Nolan seems so stuck on his idea of realism he seems to have toned down the over-the-top aspects of the Joker quite a bit in an effort to distance himself as much as possible from Nicholson/Romero. I sort of like my Joker over-the-top. He is an over-the-top villain. There is no need to change him to make him realistic in a fantasy movie. Of course, thats just my thoughts on a 2 minute trailer. Hopefully I am entirely wrong.

Thats my biggest concern as well. Nolan seems so stuck on his idea of realism he seems to have toned down the over-the-top aspects of the Joker quite a bit in an effort to distance himself as much as possible from Nicholson/Romero. I sort of like my Joker over-the-top. He is an over-the-top villain. There is no need to change him to make him realistic in a fantasy movie. Of course, thats just my thoughts on a 2 minute trailer. Hopefully I am entirely wrong.

I believe you can still have a "realistic" Joker with the over-the-top attitude. I guess my vibe from the trailer in the way he uses his voice we will see over the top.

One thing I look at that maybe no one else does, maybe I'm nuts. But all the viral marketing. To me if it is a mirror to the Joker which to some degree I think it must be it shows a very very theatrical over the top Joker. Like back in July with the CC stuff I remember it talked about doing crimes with "class"

It will take to July, but I think you can have a realistic over-the-top Joker I'm sure Nolan knows this. Though he does stick in his realm of "realistic" as much as a movie like this can be, but I still think he knows the cores of the characters.

But from the Virals I have a feeling we will have a very dark sadistic but yet still theatrical and over the top in that sense. But I guess we will see. But to me the Virals always spoke more then what they seemed.

Why haven't they realized it yet?? :cmad:

TheDarkVictory and Mee had one of the funniest forum conversations I've read in a while. ROFLMAO!!!! And it was about a talking cat!!!

I believe you can still have a "realistic" Joker with the over-the-top attitude. I guess my vibe from the trailer in the way he uses his voice we will see over the top.

One thing I look at that maybe no one else does, maybe I'm nuts. But all the viral marketing. To me if it is a mirror to the Joker which to some degree I think it must be it shows a very very theatrical over the top Joker. Like back in July with the CC stuff I remember it talked about doing crimes with "class"

It will take to July, but I think you can have a realistic over-the-top Joker I'm sure Nolan knows this. Though he does stick in his realm of "realistic" as much as a movie like this can be, but I still think he knows the cores of the characters.

But from the Virals I have a feeling we will have a very dark sadistic but yet still theatrical and over the top in that sense. But I guess we will see. But to me the Virals always spoke more then what they seemed.

I honestly haven't been paying much attention to the viral marketing (I miss the days of a teaser, two trailers, and then the movie :csad:) so I hope you're right. I want a Joker whose jokes I can laugh at, but then feel like a jerk for having laughed. A sick, sadistic, grand sense of humor.

I honestly haven't been paying much attention to the viral marketing (I miss the days of a teaser, two trailers, and then the movie :csad:) so I hope you're right. I want a Joker whose jokes I can laugh at, but then feel like a jerk for having laughed. A sick, sadistic, grand sense of humor.

Yea the days of old seem to be gone. I remember before that it was seeing a trailer once in theatres then the movie lol.

Yet I do think we will see an over the top. Will he be laugh out loud funny, well I guess July we will find out. To me I dunno if I want to laugh at his jokes, to me his jokes are usually too sick to laugh at.

But I think *this is nothing more then a guess* but I'm sure there will be some funny lines from the J-Man. I think that will be a given.

Yea the days of old seem to be gone. I remember before that it was seeing a trailer once in theatres then the movie lol.

Yet I do think we will see an over the top. Will he be laugh out loud funny, well I guess July we will find out. To me I dunno if I want to laugh at his jokes, to me his jokes are usually too sick to laugh at.

But I think *this is nothing more then a guess* but I'm sure there will be some funny lines from the J-Man. I think that will be a given.

Ra's broke into Wayne's House during a party and used a train to try to launch a virus on Gotham. It is the typical meglomanical things you would expect of a villain. The Joker is unique because of his sense of humor. And I haven't felt it at all in the trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"