The Dark Knight Rachel Dawes?? Recast??

Recasting Rachel woud be a terrible idea. She's far too unimportant of a character, so most people wouldn't even remember the characters name. They'd just see this new girl he's with, wonder where Katie Holmes went, and be confused. Write the character out if Katie won't return, it shouldn't be too hard. It's not like the end of some of the previous Batman movies, where things all seemed to work out between him and the girl, then next movie she's just gone. This movie ended with him not getting the girl, she could just leave Gotham and it would be fine.

No, this new batman franchise needs continuity, unlike the old franchise:o

Katie Holmes was cute as hell in the movie. Only reason to think she shouldnt be was if Tom Cruise wrecked her ass proper, proper. She was ok acting wise in the film. That is to say she wasnt as bad as one would have thought.

Mr. Vice said:
No, this new batman franchise needs continuity, unlike the old franchise:o

This franchise needs good actors. Holmes is the exception to that so far.

lol@ having Furher/Col. Kling of casting judges on here. On paper she was the weakest of course but yet in still she still did a good job.

El Payaso said:
This franchise needs good actors. Holmes is the exception to that so far.

Damn....you have a good point there.

Trust Katie Holmes to spack up the Batman franchise...

Super_Ludacris said:
she still did a good job.
So good that she's being a spastic about returning and has half of the Bat-fans all over her case. What would happen if she did an excellent job, get lynched in the street?

Flame on! said:
So good that she's being a spastic about returning and has half of the Bat-fans all over her case. What would happen if she did an excellent job, get lynched in the street?

Well fanboys in general over-react and are fickle we know this despite being fans of the movie and the character ourselves at least we can seperate ourselves from the general comic book convention hysteria.

And Holmes' uncertainty is a reflection of the circus that is TomKat, however I would imagine getting pregnant etc would put plans such as filming on the backburner. With that said, the movie is still in it's eary stages. Like we arent even in pre-production (barely so if we are) and the script is even finished (or started?). So any speculation or uncertainy of who is returning other than the definites is moot.

I'm just saying she did a ok job and people are just judging off of the stigma of Tomkat. I dont want that ****ing circus either but who knows how things will change come 2008. Maybe she will return to normalcy, maybe she will quit acting all together, it's all in hindsight *shrugs*

Fair assesment?

Super_Ludacris said:
Well fanboys in general over-react and are fickle we know this despite being fans of the movie and the character ourselves at least we can seperate ourselves from the general comic book convention hysteria.

And Holmes' uncertainty is a reflection of the circus that is TomKat, however I would imagine getting pregnant etc would put plans such as filming on the backburner. With that said, the movie is still in it's eary stages. Like we arent even in pre-production (barely so if we are) and the script is even finished (or started?). So any speculation or uncertainy of who is returning other than the definites is moot.

I'm just saying she did a ok job and people are just judging off of the stigma of Tomkat. I dont want that ****ing circus either but who knows how things will change come 2008. Maybe she will return to normalcy, maybe she will quit acting all together, it's all in hindsight *shrugs*

Fair assesment?
Fair.

El Payaso said:
Bringing Katie back makes even less sense.

But why though? I dont care for the character but at the same time I dont think she needs to be eliminated because people may think she's a distraction. Her presence in the film wont hinder the quality whatsoever. I just want people to give valid reasons other than hopping on the Tomkat bandwagon which I unfourtantley suspect some have.

Tomkat does nothing to do. She acted terrible, specially with such great actors surrounding her.

That's not what everyone was saying here when the movie came out dun dun.

I thought she did good nothing special.

As you said she did, nothing special true but she didnt wreck shop like some people thought, so its all good

I hated where she slaped Bruce TWICE! once was enough.

I hate recasts but if Katie Holmes not returning to the role, I suggest Jennifer connelly or just write off Rachel character since she wasn't needed in the first place.

I'm not gonna even watch the poll results because I bet most of you nearly all have said yes since the truth is Katie sucks as Rachael.

Two Face said:
I hated where she slaped Bruce TWICE! once was enough.

I hate recasts but if Katie Holmes not returning to the role, I suggest Jennifer connelly or just write off Rachel character since she wasn't needed in the first place.

That was funny, especially because it was twice lol

explode7 said:
I'm not gonna even watch the poll results because I bet most of you nearly all have said yes since the truth is Katie suckes as Rachael.

Well you should cos 36 people want her back so what's the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"