The Only Woj

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117960782.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Gyllenhaal joining Batman sequel
Actress taking Holmes role in 'Dark Knight'
By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK
Gyllenhaal

Maggie Gyllenhaal is in final talks to star opposite Christian Bale in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight," the next installment in the revitalized Batman franchise.
She'll play the role of Rachel Dawes, played by Katie Holmes in "Batman Begins." Holmes dropped out of the project earlier in the year.

Nolan is set to begin lensing in the late spring or early summer. Pic is eying a summer 2008 release.

Producers are Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Nolan.

Legendary Pictures and Warners are co-financing partners on the project.

Gyllenhaal, a new mother, was most recently in theaters with "Stranger than Fiction" and "World Trade Center."

Gyllenhaal is repped by Creative Artists Agency and Benderspink.

Crap, I jumped cause I kept thinking of Jake. :o

I did too! but I fudged the boat and didn't add Maggie in the title.

Kool! Now they only need to cast the Asian Accountant next!!!:mad:

Good. I hope she signs immediately.

Awesome.

Did I just say "awesome"?

You did. Were you riding your scooter while typing?

B0000YVCAI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Have you been spying on me again?

I promised my mom if she bought me night vision for Christmas I would get good use out of it.

night-vision-8.jpg

You shouldn't let your cat out late at night. What do you feed that thing?

Still don't like the idea of recasting but here's to hoping it works out for the better. :up:

I am not a big fan of recasting either, but I think if it were to be anybody, Maggie is a great choice. You has acting chops.

If Rachel needs to be there, she's a great choice to play her.:up:

I too am not a big recasting fan but I think I would find it hard watching Katie on screen now and taking her seriously.

Maggie is a good replacement ... I wonder if she was considered for the original Rachel role in BB?

I'm not a big recast fan but Maggie is a great choice. At least we get a step up (if not more) in the acting department, and Maggie's certainly as cute as Katie is. She has a similar look.

I think the fact that she's playing Rachel probably confirms the story about Harvey getting scarred while protecting her. It makes sense they'd re-cast her if they have a role like that in mind. It probably also means Rachel's going to kick some ass (in a prosecutorial sense, at least) in this movie. :up:

Disappointing on both fronts but par for the course on this production for me,oh well,onwards.

Disappointing on both fronts but par for the course on this production for me,oh well,onwards.

I think Rachel Dawes is going to be more involved due the inclusion of Harvey Dent. Let's just say, Katie Holmes left her acting chops at Dawson's Creek with Pacey and Jen.

I think Rachel Dawes is going to be more involved due the inclusion of Harvey Dent. Let's just say, Katie Holmes left her acting chops at Dawson's Creek with Pacey and Jen.

I thought Katie did fine personally but thats not really my issue here

I'm 100 % for this choice. I really like Maggie as an actress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"