The Dark Knight Another solution to Rachel Dawes: Recasting her

Cosmic Mind

The battle has begun...
Reaction score
If you don't like Rachel Dawes, please don't blame the character, blame the actress Katie Holmes for her poor acting( althought I personally dont think that it was bad) but people doesn't seem to like her though. So i got a brilliant solution!!!!! Let's recast her!!! This will be an oportunity for a talented actress to give a better portrayal of Rachel Dawes. So, what do you think??? Who should portrait Rachel if not Katie Holmes???

Recasting is a terrible idea, especially for such a small part. It's one thing to recase the main character, since if the first one cant' return, what else are you gonna do? But to recast a minor role that can easily be written out (and in a way, already was), is just plain silly.

If Katie Holmes can't return (and she wasn't that bad), then just leave the character out. She practically said her goodbyes in her final scene in Begins. Recasting is just pointless.

No, please god no. I hate re-casting. Anything but that.

Majik1387 said:
Did we forget how recasting played a major role in how the last 2 Batman movies sucked?

I thought it was the neons, the Schumacher direction, the bat-nipples, the bat-butt close-ups, the terrible writing, some actors' awful acting what sucked in those.

No recastings. The new triology needs something that lacked in the last anthology: continuity.

why are you guys so concerned with this characters evolution?

I doubt she will even appear in the next film....

How I love to tease........ I should make another thread about who should be the female lead role for the next films.......

^how bout you just stop making useless threads and go to the tight Rachel Dawes thread . . . . the one I made :o

Katsuro said:
Recasting is a terrible idea, especially for such a small part. It's one thing to recase the main character, since if the first one cant' return, what else are you gonna do? But to recast a minor role that can easily be written out (and in a way, already was), is just plain silly.

If Katie Holmes can't return (and she wasn't that bad), then just leave the character out. She practically said her goodbyes in her final scene in Begins. Recasting is just pointless.

Couldn't have say it better myself. :up:

Cosmic Mind said:
If you don't like Rachel Dawes, please don't blame the character, blame the actress Katie Holmes for her poor acting( althought I personally dont think that it was bad) but people doesn't seem to like her though. So i got a brilliant solution!!!!! Let's recast her!!! This will be an oportunity for a talented actress to give a better portrayal of Rachel Dawes. So, what do you think??? Who should portrait Rachel if not Katie Holmes???

lexwrong.jpg

Recasting sucks. If Rachel's gotta return, then have Katie play the part. I don't see why people didn't really like her aside from the fact that during interviews she'd talk about Tom Cruise more than her film (Batman Begins) - other than that in the film she was fine.

Otherwise like Katsuro pointed out - she seemed to have said her goodbye at the end of Begins so you may be able to just leave her out.

If Katie doesnt want to do a full movie, have her film one scene to be shown at the start of the flick of her leaving Bruce to take a job in Metropolis. I think simply leaving her out all together would be a bad move.

Re cast her, everyone would understand and like it actually.

I say we get Jennifer Connelly.

Otherwise like Katsuro pointed out - she seemed to have said her goodbye at the end of Begins so you may be able to just leave her out.

Not really a goodbye, but more of a possible future I thought. Especially with how they held hands before she left.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Re cast her, everyone would understand and like it actually.

I say we get Jennifer Connelly.

Only if we bag her husband to play the Joker.:up:

Wow, I didn't even know she was married with him. I had to look it up. Interesting.

I thought it would be a cool idea to make Rachel Dawes married to Harvey Dent... therefore explaining the reason why Harvey and Bruce are best friends. Then have the Joker kill her. So, of course, they're both bent on avenging her death, and that's also when Dent starts hearing the voice of what will become the dark opposite of Harvey in the duality known as Two-Face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"