Sequels Re-cast Mary Jane for ASM3/ASM4

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
It seems like Woodley will be too busy/expensive due to her new blockbuster franchise Divergent.

While we wish her luck and anticipte seeing her cut scrnes at some point, we must look for a new MJ.

So who are your top choices?

Leighton Meester

leighton-meester-435.jpg

Blair-1x13-TTLBCN-blair-waldorf-719844_400_600.jpeg

tumblr_lzd13sOl9N1qgxqjk.gif

Unfortunate to hear about Shailene and was looking forward to seeing her performance, but I wish her well. :csad:

In regards to a new casting choice, at this point, Jane Levy is easily my top choice...

Extremely talented, charismatic, very beautiful and sexy. Reminds me very much of Emma Stone, who I also adore.

This is MJ! :awesome:

431879_578700875486310_260578471_n.jpg

Unfortunate to hear about Shailene and was looking forward to seeing her performance, but I wish her well. :csad:

In regards to a new casting choice, at this point, Jane Levy is easily my top choice...

Extremely talented, charismatic, very beautiful and sexy. Reminds me very much of Emma Stone, who I also adore.

This is MJ! :awesome:

431879_578700875486310_260578471_n.jpg
Yes! Get the word out: #MaryJaneLevy

I would say Eleanor Tomlinson, but it really depends on the take they have in mind for Mary Jane.

Jane would be fantastic.

Also read people suggesting Elena Satine and Dianna Agron.

Well while I'm still unsure I believe Woodley will be sooooooo busy with whatever Divergent is, I'm sticking with almost all my original choices. :o

Only one I give up on is Karen Gillan since Marvel smartly signed her already.

Last edited:
I'd be alright with Jane Levy, she already looks like Emma Stone 2.0

If Woodley isn't available, Webb isn't likely to cast a supermodel-type actress in the role if he's still director; he'll likely go for somebody who's similar to Woodley. Saorise Ronan fits that bill, provided Joss and Avengers 2 haven't snatched her up as Scarlet Witch.

Mila Kunis also fits the Shailene Woodley 'template', and would be my pick if we can't get Woodley back.

^ No, she's not; she's 29 right now; that's the exact same age as Andrew Garfield. In fact, their birthdays are only six days apart (August 14, 1983 - Kunis - and August 20, 1983 - Garfield).

Last edited:
And she looks older.

She looks distinctly older than Garfield, Stone, and Dane.

I don't think Woodley's coming back. And I don't think Woodley is the template either. I'm sure Marc liked her spunk and chemisty with Andrew more then anything. They are starting from scratch on this one, the canvas is blank.

And I hope it wouldn't be Jane Levy. As pointed out, she's too similar to Emma Stone. How does that work, Gwen dies and her red headed clone swoops in? No thanks.

Kunis is all wrong imo.

If Webb wanted somebody who's got the beauty of a Jennifer Lawrence (which is what I see in those pics of Jane Levy), he wouldn't have gone after Woodley (who's beautiful in her own right but not J-Law beautiful), and I really can't see him veering too far from somebody who's on par beauty-wise with Woodley.

If Webb wanted somebody who's got the beauty of a Jennifer Lawrence (which is what I see in those pics of Jane Levy), he wouldn't have gone after Woodley (who's beautiful in her own right but not J-Law beautiful), and I really can't see him veering too far from somebody who's on par beauty-wise with Woodley.

We don't know. I think Marc loved her attitude and talent above all else. He was looking for acting chops above beauty, if she happened to fit the mold of whats uber-hot then its a bonus. Hollywood is full of hot starlets with no acting ability. I'm sure they auditioned more the just Woodley for the part, and I'm sure they wouldn't fit her mold. It was more if they could embody MJ's character. There is no Woodley template, she just happened to be Marc's favorite for the part at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"