Star Wars: Rebels - Part 1

Discussion in 'Star Wars Rebels' started by Thread Manager, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]458215[/split]

2. Solidus Knights of Ren

Since it has been officially announced today I figure it would be appropriate to open this thread.

3. bigdaddy313 Registered

The show is number 1 on the network for the entire month of October world wide.

4. Marvolo Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

#5 MagnarTheGreat, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  6. Marvolo Registered

That voice sounds an awful lot like her! Oh please let it be her!

7. Loki882 Registered

I was thinking that it could be a certain TCW character who's fate was left up in the air as well. I've brought it up in other places.

8. Hunter Rider Ronin

I read your post before listening to the audio and wondered if you meant
    Ahsoka
    or
    Ventress.
    After listening to the clip it's clearly the former. :D

9. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

Rebels Recon #7: Inside "Empire Day"

I saw the latest episode "Gathering Forces". It's very much the continuation of the story left off from "Empire Day". It was pretty good, but didn't quite reach the heights of some of the other A-tier (best of) episodes for me. It also sort of retreads old ground in more ways than one.

A-Tier -> Spark of Rebellion, Rise of the Old Masters, Breaking Ranks, Empire Day
    B-Tier -> Droids In Distress, Out of Darkness, Gathering Forces
    C-Tier -> Fighter Flight

10. MrMaooz Registered

So are we to assume these characters are dead before 1977? :o

11. Lobo Liv is Life

I thought Gathering Forces was as good as Empire Day. Love whenever Kanan and the Inquisitor duel. Very much liked when Ezra [blackout]tapped into the dark side of the force to bring up the huge animal[/blackout]

12. Great Mind(s) Broken

So any idea on who Brent Spiner is voicing? Itd be awesome if it were Thrawn.

13. Lord All Mighty

Thrawn is definitely one of those characters from Legends that deserves to cross into Canon material.

14. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

So I have watched the first five episodes, and I have really enjoyed it. But it wasn't until "Rise of the Old Masters" that I felt like the show really started to show its potential. Big fan of the episode, stupid Sith Inquisitor lightsaber aside.

Unlike The Clone Wars, where Ahsoka was a glaring problem for me, I enjoy hanging out with all the characters here pretty much equally.

15. Great Mind(s) Broken

Did you grow to like Ahsoka? I thought she was refreshing, a little annoying at first but I've seen way worse characters elsewhere. Honestly she's a better developed character than anyone in the actual PT. Rebels has gotten good. I didn't like Ezra at first but I'm warmed up to him. I just don't know how I feel about another Jedi survivor training a young Force kid so close to when Obi-Wan and Luke did it. Something bad has to happen here for it to work out right.

16. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I never grew to like Ahsoka, though I found her to be less annoying as the series went on. She grew up a bit, though she always had the same unlikable attitude. Her having more delvelop then the PT characters in the PT films isn't really a bonus. The show was almost always better when Ahsoka was left at home or took a back seat. Anakin, Obi-Wan or Yoda took the lead.

Ezra is a good example of how you right a kid with attitude problems and not make them annoying jerk who is a weight on the show.

17. Lord All Mighty

I have yet to watch Rebels, but i remember hating Ashoka at first, then as time went on she grew up to be one of my favorite characters.

18. Great Mind(s) Broken

I like Ahsoka because she felt kinda real in the "normal person" way Luke and the gang felt in the OT. She was good at Jedi stuff but also had realistic emotional responses to situations where the other Jedi would be all business. She will likely show up on Rebels so hopefully she will be even more developed and less annoying 15 years after TCW.

19. Agent Orange Registered

Ahsoka got off to a rough start but she quickly became the heart of the series -- coinciding with Ashley Eckstein's growth as a V.O. actor. Her arc at the end of Season 5 hit me right in the feels, and honestly, her story is pivotal to Anakin's turn to the dark side. His turn is completely believable thanks to Clone Wars. It's just too bad that Ahsoka's absent from the prequel trilogy.

20. GamerSlyRatchet Registered

He's the "Senator-In-Exile" that hacks the Empire's Holonet transmissions.

21. Solidus Knights of Ren

Just saw the last episode. Too bad we have a little over a month break until the last 8 episodes. But great mid season finish. This two parter was a great one.

22. craigdbfan Registered

Well said. I would like to think Revenge of the Sith starts off not to long after that whole ordeal thus Anakin being in such a fragile state of mind and that Ahsoka had unintentionally planted the seed of Anakin making his final move against the Jedi Order and the Republic who had all but taken the last straw he had causing him to "snap" if you will. A culmination of just a series of bad events and was tired of having the people he loved taken away from him.

23. Donut Registered

If Ahsoka does return. That would be a good chance for a Darth Vader episode & she senses that its Anakin & she sees that he turned 2 the Dark Side

24. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

And he kills her dead.

25. Lord All Mighty

I actualy hope Ashoka doesn't die that easily, if anything, she could bite the dust during the time in-between New Hope and Empire, or even right before the time of Return of the Jedi, would be interesting to revisit the events in the original trilogy with a new perspective like that.