Sequels Recasting the X-Men for the MCU

DeWanda Wise as Storm with a first appearance in Black Panther 2 would be nice.

Luke Evans would kill it as Mr. Sinister. He's got it all.

I don't know who I'd cast anymore. The 5 year gap renders all of my choices null for my preferred teenage starting point for the X-Men in the MCU.

So I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring for the ageless/adult characters

Milo Gibson - Wolverine
milo-gibson-2.jpg

Storm - Pepi Sonuga
phg1a9z88c2qbwe.jpg

Ajuawak Kapashesit - Forge
image-w856.jpg

Charles Xavier - Zachary Quinto
a8252832ef0330fe9b1c341e328bc048-1.jpg

Raven Darkholme - Asia Kate Dillion
asia-kate-dillon-750_0.jpg

I purposely cast unknowns. This movie is 5 years away, a lot can change in an actor's career by then. And none of them necessarily have to be names anyway

I hope they get mystique down right this time

Best mystique scene ever hands down !!

Yeah it was pretty cool. “It’s because of people like you I was afraid to go to school as a child”. Still very relevant now!

I have an unlikely but great choice I think, how about Natalie Portman as Emma Frost?

I have an unlikely but great choice I think, how about Natalie Portman as Emma Frost?

It’s a cool fan-cast (though I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Portman as a platinum blonde?), but Portman’s already been in the MCU, which, by Kevin Feige’s rules, forbids her from playing any other character except Jane Foster. And she didn’t seem to have a great relationship with Marvel.

Yeah, let someone else have a chance with Emma.

When it comes to Logan, I'm in the camp that doesn't want another 6-foot-plus actor in the role. Jackman was a treasure, but if we're gonna have another guy for the next decade of films, it's time we got a Wolverine who's a little more burly and runty like in the comics. Problem is there's not a lot of leading men in that 5'3" - 5'10" height range. So they can either discover some relative unknown or cast Tom Hardy, who could probably do it but I think is a little overexposed at this point.

I'm going with Joe Dempsie (Gendry from Game of Thrones) until I think of someone better. Look at this kid, he's rugged, he's buff, he could do it.
O3I86Vu.jpg

You're probably right, but she would probably look different enough in makeup.

As for the GOT cast, as an X-Men fan, I'd love to see Marvel keep the X-cast as close as possible to the characters cultural and national origins. I really believe Wolverine should be from this side of the pond (Canada/USA). I'd look through the WWE wrestlers; there are many talented actors/athletes in there and some aren't too tall. Let's also remember how they found Spiderman! A gymnast with no hollywood background!

Still going with Jamie Bell as Wolvie. 5'7", been playing a lot of tough guy roles lately.

jamie%2Bbell%2Bdonnybrook.gif

jamie%2Bbell%2Bdancing.gif

jamie%2Bbell%2B20.png

Previously both Logan and Scott were slight variations on the boring white lead, so I'm kinda hoping the new actors are more boxy and wiry respectively (Scott's nickname is Slim after all).

Of course that could be applied to the whole cast, I wanna see a really interesting ensemble all around. It'd be a crime to again cast somebody as conventional as JLaw as the shapeshifter.

A slim cyclops would be fun. I would definitely love to see a short squat wolverine but I know he’s going to be the hardest to cast

Tobey Maguire as Wolverine! :o

Or Daniel Radcliffe!

They can bulk up!

Jamie Bell could be interesting, and it would rescue one more actor from Fant4stic, which can't be a bad thing. Funny how so many of the suggestions that pop up are British.
Imagine if they cast an actual Canadian as Wolverine, that'd be wild. What TV shows shoot in Vancouver nowadays? Gotta be somebody.

Yeah honestly I’ve tried to think like that myself, in case Canada had their own version of sons of anarchy or something. Couldn’t find anything but hopefully a Canadian fan logs on soon and let’s us know

Yeah honestly I’ve tried to think like that myself, in case Canada had their own version of sons of anarchy or something. Couldn’t find anything but hopefully a Canadian fan logs on soon and let’s us know
that's probably because that's all you guys are watching.

There's a show on hulu called letterkenny that really opened up my mind about the way they speak in canada and the fact there must be so many actors out there waiting for a chance.

Also marvel has a lot of british heroes and wolverine's not a brit.

So with Mystique, my top choice if Jamie Clayton followed by Erika Linder. Rose McGowan comes in 3rd.

Hunter Page-Lochard feels like the only choice for Bishop and that's a hill I'm willing to die on.

He’s a bit twinkish for bishop though isn’t he? I could see Bruce R Carter as bishop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"