Sequels Recasting the X-Men for the MCU

Craig and his buddy, Mark Strong, have been my picks for Magneto and Professor X, respectively, for a while now.

I really would like an american guy to play Xavier.

Dont tell me there arent any bald white guys in USA that can fill the role.
No offense to Patrick and James.

If we're zeroing in on North America, there's always Colm Feore.
brella7-760x380.jpg

I really would like an american guy to play Xavier.

Dont tell me there arent any bald white guys in USA that can fill the role.
No offense to Patrick and James.

The US doesn't have a baldness problem. Only the UK. :o

Yeah well, you know what they say. Bald on the head = bold in bed

headshot.0.0.jpg

I think Kierna Shipka from Mad Men and The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, could do a great Kitty Pride.

If she did play Kitty Pryde, then it's a shame that McKenna Grace played the young Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel, because Kiernan looks more like a grown up version of McKenna. They could've gotten McKenna for the young Kitty Pryde in flashbacks.

But then I suppose if they take long to do the X-Men, they could just get McKenna Grace herself. Kiernan is 19 at the moment and would probably be in her early to mid 20s by the time of an X-Men movie whereas McKenna would be the right age by then.

EDIT: And I just saw that McKenna actually played the young Sabrina, so obviously Kiernan thinks that too!

Craig and his buddy, Mark Strong, have been my picks for Magneto and Professor X, respectively, for a while now.
personally I'd like to see them go a bit older for Xavier & Magneto

my picks were
David Morse for the Professor
pro-x.jpg

Ted Levine for Mags
magneto.jpg

personally I'd like to see them go a bit older for Xavier & Magneto

my picks were
David Morse for the Professor
pro-x.jpg

Ted Levine for Mags
magneto.jpg

It's not like we haven't had an older Xavier and Magneto before in Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan respectively. What were they? Spring chickens?

^technically they were too young for the age their characters were suppose to be with the backstory they were given (being preteen-teenages in the 40's) now for that back story to still work we'd actually need to be cast 80 y.o.'s so guess in a modern day setting (assuming that's even what they do) their back story needs an over haul, anyway

but, respectively younger versions of the characters are what we most recently saw in James McAvoy & Michael Fassbender so why go right back into that, at least it's been longer since we saw Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan's "older" versions of the characters

and the characters being represented as older is more common in the comic's (tho, we have seen other versions, yes) that is the known representation of them

Well, I thought I'd take a crack at it, my cast:

Cyclops - Sam Claflin
Jean - Rose Leslie
Storm - Kiki Layne
Iceman - Jack Falahee
Beast - Lakeith Stanfield
Angel - Max Lloyd-Jones
Rogue - Lily James
Gambit - Shiloh Fernandez
Wolverine - Charlie Weber
Jubilee - Payton Elizabeth Lee
Professor X - Mark Strong

Gosh I can’t wait to see shadowcat again. Of course Ellen page was really good but it’ll be great to see relatable evergirl kitty pryde

The Boys on Amazon has a lot of nice actors.

Erin Moriarty (Starlight) would make for an awesome Shadowcat (although she looks a lot like Sookie Stackhouse)
There's also Tomer Kapon (Frenchie). If you need a character with a French actor for an X-Men thing, this is definitely your guy.

Last edited:
Hailee would have been a great Kitty Pryde but at this point I'd prefer her as Rogue.

She should definitely not be a kid. Plus whatever, Robert Downey Jnr is like 300

Having just seen If Beale Street Could Talk, I am all for Kiki Layne as Storm.

w the idea of casting black actors for professor x and magneto is awful. Black panther is already a very meaningful black superhero and storm should become an even bigger one. It’s the Latino and Native American market that’s being abused. People with indigenous genes were here before anyone and they were robbed of their identities and their heroes and this goes unaddressed by marvel, and more so by Disney because after decades they still don’t have a Disney princess for Latinos to see at Disneyland or to buy merch for their kids.

I remember when Fox did this with a little movie called Fant4stic. Great way to start.

I remember when Fant4stic's director and his dogs trashed the house the studio rented for him. Great way to start.

I wouldn’t be surprised if marvel will include more diversity in their films but please don’t change Professor Xs or Magnetos sex

w the idea of casting black actors for professor x and magneto is awful. Black panther is already a very meaningful black superhero and storm should become an even bigger one. It’s the Latino and Native American market that’s being abused. People with indigenous genes were here before anyone and they were robbed of their identities and their heroes and this goes unaddressed by marvel, and more so by Disney because after decades they still don’t have a Disney princess for Latinos to see at Disneyland or to buy merch for their kids.
kind of don’I am

I hadn’t even considered that til now but wow that would be cool to see. But who would be a great casting choice?

Julie Andrews as professor x and Charlotte Rampling as magneto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"