Resident Evil 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you put in a spoiler tag any new interesting story/lore stuff? If it provided anything new.

Yea there wasnt anything really new. The whole DLC was basically just a very brief throw back to the first Resident Evil. There were a few journal entries that are new but nothing that really added onto the original story. But like i said, more than anything it was a nice little reference to the original game, such as a few in game comments, a classic journal entry and one very familiar puzzle(which i really loved)

Heres basically the throwback stuff:

Classic Camera

Journal Entry from original game that had a worker documenting his transformation into a zombie.

Puzzle in which Jill has to play Sonata no 14 to open a door

Few in game refrences to Raccoon City.

I read in a review there are literally less than ten enemies in the entire Lost in Nightmares DLC. Is that true? If so I may hold out. On the other hand...Barry. Is Barry worth the 5 bucks?

I'm guessing if you liked RE1, the $5 for this is more than worth it.

I'm guessing if you liked RE1, the $5 for this is more than worth it.

This.

There are a total of like 8 enemies i think, but its the same type of enemy, and its only frighting the first time you meet it. For 5 bux, i think its worth it just for the nostalgia factor of exploring a mansion as Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine. Theres some neat references to the orig game that i feel is worth the price of admission. Plus the mercenaries reunion characters are pretty cool. Barry man. Barry.

Finally played the DLC and thought it was highly disappointed. I was expecting more and found it very underwhelming. I guess the only bright side is that it wasnt expensive

I pre-ordered the PS3 version for $35. I'll probably play it once I beat Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles (which are still in shrink wrap after 2 months).

I've been playing alot more RE5 recently. I forgot what a solid game it was. The new mercenaries is awesome, I love being able to play as Barry (one of my fave RE characters) after all this time.

Finally played the DLC and thought it was highly disappointed. I was expecting more and found it very underwhelming. I guess the only bright side is that it wasnt expensive

The DLC was pretty much a 5 dollar easter egg.

I've been playing alot more RE5 recently. I forgot what a solid game it was. The new mercenaries is awesome, I love being able to play as Barry (one of my fave RE characters) after all this time.

I wish they'd put the whole S.T.A.R.S. Alpha and Bravo team in the game with future DLCs. It would just be tons of fun to use them in the Multiplayer.

I've played through the DLC twice and it was kinda awesome playing through all of that in such higher detail...It kinda leaves the door open for a possible Re-Re-REMAKE of the first game.. :p

I'm playing through RE5 a third time (now on Veteran mode) and I'm playing through both Mercenaries Reunion and also the original mode.

I've been playing so much RE5 lately that I started to put some new gameplay videos on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIxeT-qpKNg

Anyone play "Desperate Escape" yet? I'm waiting for my bro to play it, but I'm surprised to that no one is discussing it yet.

Anyone play "Desperate Escape" yet? I'm waiting for my bro to play it, but I'm surprised to that no one is discussing it yet.
maybe people decied to skip it afte the disappointing first set of DLC they released?

maybe people decied to skip it afte the disappointing first set of DLC they released?

If they are like me, they havent picked it up because it doesnt feature Chris and Jill exploring a mansion. Thats the only reason i picked up the first DLC. I wanted to be transported back to the memories of the 1st game, even if it was extremely brief. Ill get DE at some point tho. I liked Josh.

Two questions about the DLC:

I never bought the Versus DLC, does the Reunion edition of Mercenaries come with this? Or not.

Has anyone bought the extra costumes and is their anything special about them in Mercenaries mode?

I can answer the first question. The VS mode isnt included in the DLC. Its still a seperate purchase.

I played Desperate Escape, I havent beaten it, but I played it. It seemed like the AI for Josh was sooo much worse then the Sheva AI. It was a frustrating mission

First major black characters in the franchise and what's Capcom do? Make em idiots. Racists. :o

I walked up to one of those doors that require you to press B (on xbox) to team kick the door down, I was being chased by 60,000 enemies so I go to door, hit the button and my AI partner ran off to bust crates and barrels. I died....horribly

Damn, I've gotten rusty at this game. My first online Mercenaries Reunion play and I sucked ass. I need to brush up.

I played Desperate Escape, I havent beaten it, but I played it. It seemed like the AI for Josh was sooo much worse then the Sheva AI. It was a frustrating mission

Worse than Sheva? My God...

He wasn't THAT bad. The mission itself is pretty haphazard...An A.I. controlled player would probably act pretty screwy.

so how exactly is it? Is the new DLC better than the last?

Thought Lost in Nightmares was ****ing amazing.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"