Resident Evil 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh WAS terrible in Desperate Escape. The ****er would keep running off on his own and getting killed during the last timed portion of the game.

And Havok, you probably hyped it up in your head these would be a game in of itself. The DLC was just a short prequel to 5 and a sub-mission for Jill during 5's events. I think it served it's purpose well.

Josh WAS terrible in Desperate Escape. The ****er would keep running off on his own and getting killed during the last timed portion of the game.
Oh thank God. I thought I was the only one. That son of a ***** pissed me off. I'm waiting to beat this until my RE buddy downloads it. To hell with the AI!

And Havok, you probably hyped it up in your head these would be a game in of itself. The DLC was just a short prequel to 5 and a sub-mission for Jill during 5's events. I think it served it's purpose well.
for what its worth, RE5 is an action game. The controls and gameplay have morphed to the point that its actually more of a shooter and there was barely anything to shoot in this. Thats why it was sucha disappointment. You get to explore a mansion again but its VERY barebones with not much to do. The puzzles, if you can call them that were extemely simple. You are presented with a locked door and all you have to do is wak a few feet to get a key/object in a chest in plain site. It really wasnt all that fun considering it lacked the complexity of the previous games. The fight with Wesker was rather disappointing as it all amounted to runnnin around the room until the invisible timer went down. There was no actual fighting or skill involved here. There were no added cutscenes and the DLC didnt really provide much more information about this mission than what we learned in RE5. Overall it was pretty underwhelming considering it was the first reunion of Jill and Chris as playable characters since the first game and it was in the gap between his last appearance in CV.

I do think that the Alex was talked about in Spencer's Notes will show up in Resident Evil 6. I think he might be the new Wesker.

I do think that the Alex was talked about in Spencer's Notes will show up in Resident Evil 6. I think he might be the new Wesker.

Yea, itd be interesting to see if that plays out in a possible sequel.

I'd rather there not be a 'new Wesker' we've had Wesker already, he was great, now give us something else.

I wouldn't mind if they gave us a 'new Wesker' in the sense of how the character should have been, as opposed to the outright stupid **** they pulled with him in RE5.

True, if they have this Alex be totally different to Wesker then bring him on. Also, Chris/Jill's story is over, give us perhaps Claire or someone new.

I wouldn't mind if they gave us a 'new Wesker' in the sense of how the character should have been, as opposed to the outright stupid **** they pulled with him in RE5.

I know we've had that discussion before, but i dont think i ever asked you, what was Wesker 'supposed' to be like?

I liked him a lot in RE5 before the official Capcom: 'We don't know how to do a final boss fight without turning our antagonist into a mound of tentacles and rage' method of gaming.

I liked him a lot in RE5 before the official Capcom: 'We don't know how to do a final boss fight without turning our antagonist into a mound of tentacles and rage' method of gaming.

Haha, cant say i disagree with ya.

I know we've had that discussion before, but i dont think i ever asked you, what was Wesker 'supposed' to be like?

You actually did ask me once, pretty sure you agreed at that time, too. Maybe you won't now, who knows, but I'll answer the question.

Even though we saw very little of him I think it was obvious that he wanted to control. Okay, so RE5 got that down. But he was human for all intents and purposes. He was a cold, calculating human who wanted it all. He sat in the background and manipulated whoever and whatever elements he needed to get what/where he wanted. I looked at Wesker as someone who was looking for a role like Big Brother, with most of these experiments looking at how to moderate this control with the creatures and monsters being the consequences. I loved the idea that it looked like the greatest threat in RE was not the creatures, but the human who created them. That's what I think most would consider a potentially interesting character. I thought we were in for a great fight between Wesker and Chris at the end. One big slug feast mano-et-mano without any tentacles or super powers or weapons or what have you.

Okay, so in RE5 what we have is a super bred clone with super strength, teleportation (or super speed for those who see the need to deny he was obviously teleporting in the cinematics), dresses like he's Matrix cosplaying, and wants to rule over a zombified world as its God. Oh yeah, and of course, he tentaclizes himself in the end. To be 100% fair, the superpower stuff isn't all that big of a deal; I could see him experimenting with something like that, but this whole deal of basically becoming a God of a zombie world took it into toon world for me.

RE has never been about the story, so I guess I shouldn't be this upset about what happened to the character (I guess it was a case of making something cool over something that actually fit the context of the game). I just thought Wesker had potential to be a really cool and different type of villain than what we are used to as far as video games go. One who's not particularly super powerful and doesn't really do actual fighting, just manipulation and knowing how to work situations from afar. And he was human, but ultimately more dangerous than anything he and others created (And I was oh so looking forward to just a fist fight between Wesker and Chris to close the series). In RE5 he basically felt like some kind of weird anime cliche gone mad or something. I felt they had some potential for something great, but ruined it

Last edited:
Agreed Teardrop, I was expecting the same kind of hand-to-hand throwdown finale as Snake and Ocelot in MGS4. Alas it was not meant to be :(

The only problem I had with the finale showdown was that Jill didn't get the second rocket launcher and not Sheva. Jill may be supporting role in 5, but she deserved that more than Sheva did.

I just got my copy of RE5 Gold in the mail today. If anyone wants to play co-op with me, my PSN ID is icedrake523. Put "SHH RE5" in the message board so I know.

Hmmm...I'll think about it. :p

I've played through RE5 about 3 times and I've never tried online co-op..

Does RE5 Gold edition work online with people that just own RE5?

Yes. The Gold edition doesnt change anything to the game

Groovy. May have to give it a go, It can't beat local co-op but it's worth a try.

If anyone wants to add my ass it's b00shisl00se :up:

You actually did ask me once, pretty sure you agreed at that time, too. Maybe you won't now, who knows, but I'll answer the question.

Even though we saw very little of him I think it was obvious that he wanted to control. Okay, so RE5 got that down. But he was human for all intents and purposes. He was a cold, calculating human who wanted it all. He sat in the background and manipulated whoever and whatever elements he needed to get what/where he wanted. I looked at Wesker as someone who was looking for a role like Big Brother, with most of these experiments looking at how to moderate this control with the creatures and monsters being the consequences. I loved the idea that it looked like the greatest threat in RE was not the creatures, but the human who created them. That's what I think most would consider a potentially interesting character. I thought we were in for a great fight between Wesker and Chris at the end. One big slug feast mano-et-mano without any tentacles or super powers or weapons or what have you.

Okay, so in RE5 what we have is a super bred clone with super strength, teleportation (or super speed for those who see the need to deny he was obviously teleporting in the cinematics), dresses like he's Matrix cosplaying, and wants to rule over a zombified world as its God. Oh yeah, and of course, he tentaclizes himself in the end. To be 100% fair, the superpower stuff isn't all that big of a deal; I could see him experimenting with something like that, but this whole deal of basically becoming a God of a zombie world took it into toon world for me.

RE has never been about the story, so I guess I shouldn't be this upset about what happened to the character (I guess it was a case of making something cool over something that actually fit the context of the game). I just thought Wesker had potential to be a really cool and different type of villain than what we are used to as far as video games go. One who's not particularly super powerful and doesn't really do actual fighting, just manipulation and knowing how to work situations from afar. And he was human, but ultimately more dangerous than anything he and others created (And I was oh so looking forward to just a fist fight between Wesker and Chris to close the series). In RE5 he basically felt like some kind of weird anime cliche gone mad or something. I felt they had some potential for something great, but ruined it
I feel the same. The series changed for the worst post RE3 and became a comic book. When the series started copying the movies elements it was the start of the downward spiral.

Finally unlocked all the characters in Mercenaries today..

Feels good, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back