Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

I think Rocksteady working on Suicide Squad is a little diasappointing. I was hoping they would pivot to something drastically different (original idea) or at least a DC IP that deserved the spotlight a little more.

I think Rocksteady working on Suicide Squad is a little diasappointing. I was hoping they would pivot to something drastically different (original idea) or at least a DC IP that deserved the spotlight a little more.
I too was hoping for an original idea, but since we're finally getting the game WB Montereal teased in their post credits scene of Arkham Origins I'm optimistic, I feel better knowing that it's being handled by Rocksteady who really stepped things up with their ideas and game designs for Batman.

Although, them working on a team game is not what I expected from them.

I stated that I want them to provide an unlimited supply of New Game+ with this one, I would also love to have their game without too many tank battles to pad the gameplay time, and especially avoid the prick tanks that are high on a bridge shooting tracking missiles your way and are hard to target and attack, that one specific bomb defusal mission in Founder's Island is the only one I still loathe to day.

HORRAAAAAHHH

I hope they give us an unlimited supply of New Game+ this time, it's not ideal to have to collect all collectibles from the start every single time
Yeah that is a serious pain. I’ve always been a fan of New Game + and no need to limit it.

Is there more to this? Because it doesnt specificly says that its Rocksteadys new game.
Im asking because there is that rumor that WBM is working on two DC ips.
Its been going for a while about this two games in the works, dont know how true that is.

Also seems a bit weird that Rocksteady would take this up, would that mean what they worked on before failed or so? Questions, questions, questions.

That show is going to be packed with so much goodies. Hyped!

Yup, not only game wise...although its what im most excited.
Rumor of a new injustice game, the wbm game, rocksteady possibly...maybe the Harry potter game...im super hyped and hate that its soo long until august 22.

I'm extra curious about Gotham Knights. Is it about the Bat Family? Perhaps a game based on The Return of Bruce Wayne and Battle for the Cowl

Hm, hard to say...we have this "capture the knight" thing and the consistent rumor of the game focusing on the batfamily fighting the court of owls and being some kind of reboot.

At first i was a bit unsure about this Gotham knights thing because yeah i love the batfamily and wanna see them all...but i also love this "loner" batman games feeling.
I dont know if i would like to have the future games all be co-op or take focus away from batman.
But we will see about that...super excited either way.
I lowkey hope for a reboot because i hated what they did with Black mask in Origins and Knight...i so want to see him shine in the spotlight for one game.

As much as I love Arkham Origins, Rocksteady's games are better. More flexible order for Riddler challenges compared to their equivalent in AO, all gadgets stay with you from the start in New Game+, and combat has a sharper flow.
One thing WB Montereal did better is their unlimited supply of NG+ with I AM the Knight mode, that is something I want to see return.

They all have their good and bad parts.
I think Origins could have been better if WBM would have had full free hand.
As it was, origins needed to feature key things since it was meant to be a prequel.
So you cant be as creative as you could be.

Arkham Knight's endings ruined the franchise for me in terms of continuing it. I really hope both or at least one of the upcoming games are completely their own thing. Maybe borrow some gameplay elements but that's it.

If Gotham Knights is about the bat family, I don't want Tim Drake dating Babs or Red Hood post being Arkham Knight

Arkham Knight's endings ruined the franchise for me in terms of continuing it. I really hope both or at least one of the upcoming games are completely their own thing. Maybe borrow some gameplay elements but that's it.

If Gotham Knights is about the bat family, I don't want Tim Drake dating Babs or Red Hood post being Arkham Knight
Agree

I loved Arkham Knight, except for overuse of the Batmobile, but I didn’t like some of the liberties & changes they took with some of the Bat family characters

My favorite fighter in Arkham Knight is Batgirl,

My interest in the Suicide Squad game will largely depend on the roster.

Gotham Knights though? Full attention.

Can't remember where I heard this but apparently the new Batman game will a soft reboot of the Arkham series.

Similar mechanics and gameplay but a new continuity. Suppose a way to think about it is that's like the Modern Warfare reboot of last year.

Yeah I'll be slightly disappointed if it really is going to be Suicide Squad after all those rumours and years of waiting. I wanted Superman or Justice League... but I'll probably end up buying the game anyway though

For rocksteady I don't know how to fell about a suicide squad game being that we have like no idea what it would be like if that is what they are making. But I just want to know one way or another because of how good the Arkham games are I just want to know what rocksteady is doing next. When it comes to batman and if its a soft roboot or not I would not be ages it has long has the combat system is still in place. The Arkham combat is like perfect.

Can't remember where I heard this but apparently the new Batman game will a soft reboot of the Arkham series.

Similar mechanics and gameplay but a new continuity. Suppose a way to think about it is that's like the Modern Warfare reboot of last year.

Oh please let it be true. Exactly what I want!

I don't want a reboot simply because they would be reintroducing/reusing villains that we already saw/fought in the previous Arkham games.

Imo, what WB should have done is give another superhero their AAA game treatment (Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman or the Flash) or do a Justice League game in which the player isn't tied to just 1 playable character only and they could feature a lot of different settings.

As for Suicide Squad, I don't think I'll be ever interested in them. Like I would play their game if it looks well made but I would prefer another IP to headline a videogame.

Even if it's not a reboot I think they will try and create some distance between this game and previous entries. They'll want it to feel fresh five years on from AK so I would imagine there will be very little tie ins so you can pick up the game without having played previous Arkham games.

I think they will drop the "Arkham" subtitle anyway.

If it's a "reboot" of sorts, I'd like for the art direction to be less cartoony this time. Proper body proportions and less exaggerated features.

Last edited:
The endings to AK really limits things going forward for Bruce and so a reboot is the wake to go

I'm hoping that if we are going to be playing as other members of the Batfamily that they will all feel different to play as and not just clones of Batman.

I'm hoping that if we are going to be playing as other members of the Batfamily that they will all feel different to play as and not just clones of Batman.
They don't play like Batman clones in the games we already have, so I guess that is a given.

Catwoman, Azreal, Harley Quinn, Nightwing, Tim Drake and Babs all play very different in the challenge maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"