Rogue One Rogue One Box Office Prediction Thread

Ticket sales are pretty high in my corner of Europe. Not as explosive as TFA where they had to add a number of screenings to meet demand.

LucasFilm has already shown better quality control than WB.

It's pretty amazing to see how much that has changed. 10-15 years ago, WB had undisputed quality control thanks to the way they were handling the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter movies. They didn't have much quality control over DC though, and that's hurting them now due to it having gained much more value since the superhero genre boom.

Which is also why JK Rowling is doing 5 movies for Fantastic Beasts and possible more Middle Earth movies.

But right now Buena Vista/Disney will dominate the next few years. 5 Star Wars movies. 8 MCU movies. Pixar, Disney Animated and Live Action Disney Remakes.

Which is also why JK Rowling is doing 5 movies for Fantastic Beasts and possible more Middle Earth movies.

But right now Buena Vista/Disney will dominate the next few years. 5 Star Wars movies. 8 MCU movies. Pixar, Disney Animated and Live Action Disney Remakes.

The other thing with the MCU and this new breed of Star Wars post-Lucas is that there is no reason why these franchises can't keep going on and dominating regularly long term rather than having a limited life of a trilogy and then another trilogy later, or when Harry Potter gets too old. There is a big section of the GA who want to watch new things but enough of them are in for the long haul on these properties regardless too.

Is there any tracking yet for those predictions or are they just speculating? DO we think this will be at Civil War to #1 this year?

Tracking numbers should be starting this week.

Unless the movie gets insanely great reviews, I can't see it breaking $500 million domestic.

I don't think anything is beating Force Awakens for a while because you just had the perfect storm there.

I saw that a bunch of white racists want to boycott this movie because it has an ethnically diverse cast. For this reason alone, I hope Rogue One makes more movie than any Star Wars movie EVER.

I mean, it sure made a dent in TFA's box office...

I saw that a bunch of white racists want to boycott this movie because it has an ethnically diverse cast. For this reason alone, I hope Rogue One makes more movie than any Star Wars movie EVER.

LOL. The nerve of these moviemakers these days!!! I don't think they should put aliens from outer space in movies about outer space either. Everybody should just be a white guy like in real life......

LOL. The nerve of these moviemakers these days!!! I don't think they should put aliens from outer space in movies about outer space either. Everybody should just be a white guy like in real life......

Damn right! #MakeSpaceWhiteAgain :sly:

And now Trump supporters are getting in on the boycott, because the writers made comments against hate that they feel were against their candidate.

This is going to be a fun four years.

I'm sure it will be as successful as their Hamilton boycott, since that show broke box office records a week later.

(I saw Hamilton for the 2nd time last week...show was sold out and there were at least a dozen people on line trying to score cancellation tickets, so they're doing fine)

Edit: Wrong thread.

vxCOfxe.png

I'm sure it will be as successful as their Hamilton boycott, since that show broke box office records a week later.

(I saw Hamilton for the 2nd time last week...show was sold out and there were at least a dozen people on line trying to score cancellation tickets, so they're doing fine)
And the Boycott Star Wars thing worked out very well for them on TFA!

It's too bad they boycotted TFA otherwise it would have made 3 billion!

:lmao:

Even with only 17 days in December, I think Disney/Buena Vista will still have the top 5 grossing movies of 2016. Amazing.

It will achieve top 5 gross regardless because the movie opens in 2016. Any gross made in 2017 still goes towards its 2016 placing.

I discovered that when American Sniper came out in late Dec.

People who thought this would struggle to beak $100 million in it's opening weekend, what were they thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"