Days of Future Past "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing them back is a must! And it's not like first class followed the comics which had none of the original members. Now some people are saying no cyclops because it will not fit the comic line, since when did fox care about that lol. If Xavier could come back so could cyclops who didn't even die on screen, how much more abuse can his character suffer.if he is not in this movie in one form or another, I will boycott the xmen franchise. I am so sick of wolverine dominating every single movie, cyke!!!! Bring him back!

No, of course not. Why would you ask such a silly question? :o

This just shows that some fans don't care whats gonna happen to the movie if they keep including a lot of characters in 1 movie just because they think it would be cool to see them.

Then when the movie was released, they would whine that FOX added too many characters especially the ones that doesn't have to be in the movie and that their favorite character didn't get justice in the movie.

This just shows that some fans don't care whats gonna happen to the movie if they keep including a lot of characters in 1 movie just because they think it would be cool to see them.

Then when the movie was released, they would whine that FOX added too many characters especially the ones that doesn't have to be in the movie and that their favorite character didn't get justice in the movie.

I think he was being sarcastic lol

I really don't think Cyclops and Jean Grey have a place in the movie. Especially bringing them back is not the same as bringing back Wolverine/Storm/Iceman/Rogue/Shadowcat since they died in X3. Their resurrection would need some explanation and time. And for a "resurrected" character, they also might not get enough screentime because the cast of First Class is also in the movie.

And if they start the movie with Jean/Cyclops already alive, then it would just be a really lame and lazy execution to bring back a major character who already died in X3.

Plus they are already bringing back Patrick Stewart's character back from the death, we still don't know if they are gonna go with that twin brother twist or not.

Of course it does. :whatever: The sarcasm smiley isn't an indicator of sarcasm at all. I also wasn't trying to imply that I might not agree with how you foresee things. Maybe there's other possibilities you haven't considered and that your opinion on what will happen isn't the right one just because you thought of it.

Bringing them back is a must! And it's not like first class followed the comics which had none of the original members. Now some people are saying no cyclops because it will not fit the comic line, since when did fox care about that lol. If Xavier could come back so could cyclops who didn't even die on screen, how much more abuse can his character suffer.if he is not in this movie in one form or another, I will boycott the xmen franchise. I am so sick of wolverine dominating every single movie, cyke!!!! Bring him back!
Yes, we get it. You want to see Cyclops and Jean again.

Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it any more likely to happen.

:up:

It's funny that for a movie dealing with time traveling, a lot of people don't seem to be able to grasp the idea of these characters (and the actors portraying them) showing up at different points in their history; no one says that Xavier (as portrayed by Patrick Stewart) will be back from the dead, maybe we'll see him at a point before he died; same goes for Cyke and Jean.

And this comes from someone who wants Cyclops (Marsden) back.

Polux

Maybe they go through time and pick up a team of mutants throughout time. They can grab Cyke, Gambit, Nightcrawler...

Bring them back at the end if anything, do people really wanna them brought back to die on screen again haha? The X Men go down in this flick.

I hear you loud and clear about the abuse of Cyclops, but his non-appearance in First Class and perhaps in DoFP is nothing to do with 'not fitting the comic line', but about not fitting the movie timeline.

However, I'm sure they are considering bringing back Cyclops and Jean, and we will probably see them at the end to lead into the next film.

Singer likes James and Famke as much as the fans but unfortunately, the films have done a disservice to Cyclops and given us far too much Wolverine. He's like some rampant dog, spraying his scent over everyone and everything in this franchise - and vastly overpaid at $20million a movie. What in God's name can a person do with all that money?

If the franchise can't do justice to the rest of the X-Men, then Fox should hand them back to Marvel and just keep hold of Wolverine. So, they should either give more development to the other X-Men or let go of them - in other words, pee or get off the pot lol!

Can we keep this from going Into another Fox Vs marvel/DIsney thread.Wolverine Is most popular X-Man that's a fact.There have been times when comic writers ahven't done much with Cyclops.Writing him out of books.Jean was keep out of comics for several years In favor of Emma frost with Cyclops till they used time travel to bring jean back.Fox will never hand anything over to Marvel of the X-Men.That makes no sense.

Can we keep this from going Into another Fox Vs marvel/DIsney thread.Wolverine Is most popular X-Man that's a fact.There have been times when comic writers ahven't done much with Cyclops.Writing him out of books.Jean was keep out of comics for several years In favor of Emma frost with Cyclops till they used time travel to bring jean back.Fox will never hand anything over to Marvel of the X-Men.That makes no sense.

As long as Marvel puts out its own films, then the comparisons will continue.

It's time now for Fox to expand its world and flesh out all the characters. Wolverine and The Mutant Wallpaper is wearing a little thin.

tumblr_m9oaeznITD1qhpx4lo1_500.jpg

YEAAAA, I NEED TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, IF THEY DO NOT bring back Scott now in this film who knows how many years till will we see his character on the big screen again.

p-83562-james-marsden-cyclops-x-men-8x10-photo-cotg-8celeb-jmars080701.jpg

Now is the time Bryan, I just am so excited for this film but I check every day for the announcement of Cyclops and my excitement will plummet if he is not in the movie.

Now is the time Bryan, I just am so excited for this film but I check every day for the announcement of Cyclops and my excitement will plummet if he is not in the movie.

id be happy to see him back but don't hold your breath as the chances don't seem very likely right now

Last edited:
As long as Marvel puts out its own films, then the comparisons will continue.

It's time now for Fox to expand its world and flesh out all the characters. Wolverine and The Mutant Wallpaper is wearing a little thin.

Exactly. Scott Summers is a goddamn FORCE to reckon with in the comics and has NEVER played second fiddle to Logan. But you would never know that by watching the movies.

FOX has made Wolverine into Marvel's "Beyonce"...seriously overexposed. And sadly, the disappointing box office returns from the first Wolverine movie didn't get the memo across to those executives. This next film will probably be a financial disappointment too because guess what?! Wolverine is soooooooo much more interesting WITH the X-Men, than without them. :down

Bring them back at the end if anything, do people really wanna them brought back to die on screen again haha? The X Men go down in this flick.

Thats the another thing, some fans here want Storm to be killed at the beginning and some of them are also suggesting that Jean and Cyclops should return for this movie. Okay a death scene and resurrections all happening in dystopian future, its just way too much. :o

Exactly. Scott Summers is a goddamn FORCE to reckon with in the comics and has NEVER played second fiddle to Logan. But you would never know that by watching the movies.

FOX has made Wolverine into Marvel's "Beyonce"...seriously overexposed. And sadly, the disappointing box office returns from the first Wolverine movie didn't get the memo across to those executives. This next film will probably be a financial disappointment too because guess what?! Wolverine is soooooooo much more interesting WITH the X-Men, than without them. :down

I don't think Origins was a big disappointment when it comes to box-office. The movie was leaked in the internet before it opened in the theaters and still did well over-all. I don't think people expected it to perform better than X3 and X2, like hello its a spin-off movie. FOX got their budget back just with the domestic box-office numbers. If Origins was a big disappointment then what do you say about the box-office performance of Captain America: the First Avenger and X-Men: First Class.

Last edited:
The X-Men perform better financially with Wolverine, and Wolverine performs better financially with the X-Men.

I don't think Origins was a big disappointment when it comes to box-office. The movie was leaked in the internet before it opened in the theaters and still did well over-all. I don't think people expected it to perform better than X3 and X2, like hello its a spin-off movie. FOX got their budget back just with the domestic box-office numbers. If Origins was a big disappointment then what do you say about the box-office performance of Captain America: the First Avenger and X-Men: First Class.

I think it would've done better if it got better than 38% rotten ratings on RT. Yes, the leak may have affected it, but word of mouth is what killed it overall. It got bad reviews.

As far as Captain America is concerned--he wasn't anywhere near the popularity of Wolverine as he didn't benefit from 10 years of pre-exposure in ensemble films. CA got better reviews too. So with that considered, he actually out performed Wolverine overall, when you think about it.

First Class was critically a great film. But its Box Office was disappointing--again considering the huge build up of three mega-films preceding it. But then again, it didn't feature any big name stars (at the time) or the most popular X-Men characters as leads, so...it's not surprising it underperformed also. I read that it actually grossed less than 2000's X-Men film and that's even taking inflation into account.

The X-Men perform better financially with Wolverine, and Wolverine performs better financially with the X-Men.

Exactly. If FOX was expecting XOW to be their Iron Man break-out...it didn't happen.

But also the films prior to the Wolverine X-Men combos were better received (X1 & X2) and therefore likely contributed more to the box office of X2 & X3 than the reception of X3 & Origins did for Origins & FC.

I said that too before. Thats why a X-Men team movie needs Wolverine. And FOX wouldn't get that much success if they just focus on working with Wolverine-solo movies and First Class movies.

Last edited:
I said that too before. Thats why a X-Men team movie needs Wolverine. And FOX wouldn't get that much success if they just focus on working with Wolverine-solo movies and First Class movies.

Is it possible that this upcoming film may be doomed to lose out financially because they are following the same formula? I mean, it certainly helps that you have Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore with Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan and Hugh Jackman. But we're missing Famke, James and Halle which I strongly believe only combined WITH Patrick, Ian and Hugh guarantee box office success.

I say this because First Class had a Wolverine cameo and that wasn't enough for the bigger blockbuster numbers. XOW had a CGI Patrick Stewart/Xavier cameo in it, but it also failed. Hate it all you want, but the last top-selling X-Men film was X3 and it had everyone in the line-up together.

In other words, will Days Of Future Past have that IT factor that made big movie magic without half of its classic cast in place?

Well they didn't even promote Hugh Jackman's existence in the movie and his role was merely a cameo, so I don't know why it should help XFC's numbers at the box-office. That is also the same case with Patrick Stewart appearing in Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"